***BREAKING: Brandon Marshall traded to the Jets***

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If Marshall was 26-27 I would give credence to the whole "creates a hole" argument. He is going to be 31 next season. He was going to become a hole soon enough anyway and wasn't going to be on the team when it is ready to contend regardless. The window with this group of veterans is over and that group includes Marshall as well as Cutler, Forte, Garza, Briggs, Tillman, Jennings, et al.

Ah... this is the answer. Just shit can anyone on the team over 30 years old. I suggest that someone might just take a gander at the ages on the so-called elite teams. Do they have anyone over 30 on their teams? Unfuckingbelieveable!

Kurtosis

Liked Posts:
Ah... this is the answer. Just shit can anyone on the team over 30 years old. I suggest that someone might just take a gander at the ages on the so-called elite teams. Do they have anyone over 30 on their teams? Unfuckingbelieveable!

If that's what you got from that post I don't know what to tell you. Go back to school maybe?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Maybe he, you know, actually talked with the players?

Did he? Who? Who are these model Bears who exemplify professionalism? I would fucking LOVE to know who talked shit about Marshall. I would bet big time that it was Briggs the fat Rib and the twinkletoed kicker, little Robbie. He's a fucking football player, right? Speaking of money.....cut his sorry ass while you are saving money.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
How about this one(question)?

Hey Mr. Pace............ Brandon Marshall was the Bears best receiver for the last four years. He also tried to hold his teammates accountable for their shitty performance on the field and challenged them. Now you got rid of him for a 5th round pick? Why? Were you in the Bears locker room last year and if not, who did you take as your "source" for the bad reports about Marshall?

Also...... what kind of locker room do you want for the Bears? Should players challenge other players or do you just want a nice neat quiet solace. A quantom of solence anyone?

well, for the first question, i would say that the fact that the bears traded him aways for a 5th round pick tells you all you need to know. marshall's behavior in public was weird enough this last season, and obviously he has a LONG history of being considered a dysfunctional locker room presence. so it's not much of a stretch to assume that most if not all the sources and rumors were accurate. receivers the caliber of marshall don't get traded for a 5th round pick unless there are major issues.

as to the second, i couldn't speak to an NFL locker room or what kind i would like. i want whatever john fox and ryan pace want in their locker room. again, that was clearly not brandon marshall.

Kurtosis

Liked Posts:
Did he? Who? Who are these model Bears who exemplify professionalism? I would fucking LOVE to know who talked shit about Marshall. I would bet big time that it was Briggs the fat Rib and the twinkletoed kicker, little Robbie. He's a fucking football player, right? Speaking of money.....cut his sorry ass while you are saving money.

I'm sure he talked to the whole team since he is the general manager.

Kurtosis

Liked Posts:
What the fuck is wrong with the Bears Front office? A 5th rounder for one of the greatest receivers we've ever had. Another failed move from a dysfunctional front office.

Another failed move? Out of how many, 1?

What were you expecting him to be worth? Two 3rds? The price he got when he was a younger player with less miles on the body?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
well, for the first question, i would say that the fact that the bears traded him aways for a 5th round pick tells you all you need to know. marshall's behavior in public was weird enough this last season, and obviously he has a LONG history of being considered a dysfunctional locker room presence. so it's not much of a stretch to assume that most if not all the sources and rumors were accurate. receivers the caliber of marshall don't get traded for a 5th round pick unless there are major issues.

as to the second, i couldn't speak to an NFL locker room or what kind i would like. i want whatever john fox and ryan pace want in their locker room. again, that was clearly not brandon marshall.

I listened to Chris Carter being interviewed today when they announced the trade. His opinion was that no one that he knows in the NFL considered Marshall a bad teammate. He also said that he has no flaws as a receiver and is still one of the best in the game. Carter says that like a lot of receivers or top notch players for that matter, they have strong opinions. He said that Marshal wants to WIN. I guess that is lost on the Bears management and the bunch of cowards who didn't like him in the locker room.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
As of right now my faith in Pace is non existent. He'll have to make a number of great moves to reinstall some and even then Ill always begrudge him for shipping out my favorite receiver in the game... for a goddamn fifth.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I personally couldn't care less. He isn't the difference between making and missing the playoffs and sometimes a team just needs to move on. He's going to be 31 once the season starts; it's not like he had many years left here anyway.

Okay, you're on record that they shouldn't keep anyone over 30, right? Lets cut everyone. Lets cut everyone that has proven themselves to be decent and has MERITED a good pay day.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
As of right now my faith in Pace is non existent. He'll have to make a number of great moves to reinstall some and even then Ill always begrudge him for shipping out my favorite receiver in the game... for a goddamn fifth.

I feel the same, my hope is he acted like an arrogant, prima donna during the interview he had with Pace and Fox. Question, what if Pace somehow lands Maclin, would your opinion change?

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:
We have a bunch of lazy fucks in the locker room right now, so it makes sense that other players would be calling out Brandon Marshall, one of the only guys on the team that actually gives a fuck about winning.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'll be happy for him if he posts 1,400 and 12, but I won't be bummed. I'll still realize that moves like this need to be made when a team is trying to move forward and cultivate a new identity.

Lets go for it! Lets become the NFLs version of the 76ers. Maybe the Bears players ought to hire an age discrimination attorney?

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I feel the same, my hope is he acted like an arrogant, prima donna during the interview he had with Pace and Fox. Question, what if Pace somehow lands Maclin, would your opinion change?

little worried about the acl injury

Kurtosis

Liked Posts:
Okay, you're on record that they shouldn't keep anyone over 30, right? Lets cut everyone. Lets cut everyone that has proven themselves to be decent and has MERITED a good pay day.

I'm not sure you know how to properly read.

Kurtosis

Liked Posts:
Lets go for it! Lets become the NFLs version of the 76ers. Maybe the Bears players ought to hire an age discrimination attorney?

Your arms getting tired from constructing all those strawmen?