***BREAKING: Brandon Marshall traded to the Jets***

Madden

Liked Posts:
I really hope we got at least a 3rd round pick, otherwise I don't really understand the move. We're now one Alshon injury away from having the worst WR corps in the league.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
we should do a total rebuild like we did in 2004

hutch.jpg

SERE Bear

Drinking da Bears better
Donator
Liked Posts:
Again you're waxing over the cap relief value associated with Marshall. You have to consider the cap relief, you can now invest that money elsewhere.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe he was due 7 mil this year. That isnt out of wack for a #1 WR. A Boldin is set to make 6 mil this year.

FireFox

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What a late round pick? That's it? I mean really? I guess we made cap space. I'd be happy if we got Cobb or something. I don't know what Pace's plan is going to be, but it will be interesting to watch it unfold.

da_bears6

Liked Posts:
I really hope we got at least a 3rd round pick, otherwise I don't really understand the move. We're now one Alshon injury away from having the worst WR corps in the league.

You forgetting about somebody?

Marquee Welson #10

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think before anyone hands down judgment we need to know a couple of things. What did the Bears get? Why was the trade made? Did Fox talk to him about doing the TV show and BM didn't like Fox's opinion. Remember that P. Mannely (and another former player IIRC) said that there was no way Lovie would have allowed it. So, maybe Fox wasn't going to allow it. Was BM really a locker room issue last year? Will any of this, if true, even come out?

I'm not sold on the move but I'm going wait until the dust settles before passing judgment. I would agree with some here, if its a mid-round pick and there isn't any back story then it probably wasn't a wise move.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
When something isn't finalized, please don't make subject lines that resemble a completed action.

We can edit the subject if news changes.

Darkman

Liked Posts:
They really wanna go back to the days of sucking WR's huh?

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Yep, it's Marquesssseeee time. Best WR corps ever: Ashlon, Merquesseee, Bellamy, Morgan...

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Can't wait till Allen is gone.

Yeah, looking back on that signing it gets weirder and weirder. It was paying a lot of money for his past accomplishments for a division rival.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
If they only get a 6th or 7th back for him then that's pretty bad. Feel like they can get a team stupid enough to give them something better.

They could have at least waited till closer to tuesday to see if someone wouyld have offered more. Late round pick is bullshit.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Greg Gabriel - The Jets new scouting director is Rex Hogan who was with Bears last 12 years. I'm sure he had strong input b4 trade for Marshall was made
10:21am - 6 Mar 15

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
Trading Cutler would have been the beginning of serious change.

This just leaves us with a hole at WR we have to address through FA or the draft.

#Progress
kevin white with the number 7 pick