***BREAKING: Brandon Marshall traded to the Jets***

FireFox

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Man, I tell you what, the next ten or so days could be a wild ride. Strap in and hang on.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
http://www.passionweiss.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Never-Go-Full-Special person.jpg

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Wait til nvan gets on and blows this board up AND bans all the Marshall hatersz..

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Jimmy Clausen isback with the Bears

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
all the people clamoring for a 'total' rebuild are going to be the first people lighting up these boards with complaints the next few years.

Those same people are also majority cubs fans.. Go figure

Evobear

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Zach Zaidman @ZachZaidman
During his time with the #Bears, Brandon Marshall was 4th in NFL in catches, 4th in TD catches, 5th in 100-yard games & 9th in rec. yards.

But we get a late mid-late round pick, yay

JoSeCuERvO

CBMB Crossover
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Orlando City SC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Miami Hurricanes
If they are clearing money like this, and they move cutler as well i will assume they will be very active in FA. on the defensive side of the ball they have big names like Suh and Hardy and now they will need to replace the WR hole either in FA or the draft...

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
During his time with the #Bears, Brandon Marshall was 4th in NFL in catches, 4th in TD catches, 5th in 100-yard games & 9th in rec. yards.

Most of that was Cutler throwing to him 80% though.

But still hurts.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
You don't have to draft a receiver with the top pick. The Bears have a #1 WR, a top 5 TE and a good pass catching back in Forte. The Bears just need to sign a decent #2 guy and then draft another with a mid round pick. That is plenty of firepower to get it done.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
The draft is also loaded with big bodied receivers. Jaelen Strong at the top of the second round?
I don't see him still being on the board because I have him as the 3rd guy in this class but if so its a nobrainer. Basically a younger version of Marshall with a bit more long speed.

Grizzly Man

Liked Posts:
I'm all for getting that Bears news but why all the need to be first? That desire to be 1st can bite you in the ass. "Sources" whether they be legit or just the ability to type faster than the rest of us and read between the lines could potentially ruin a career real quick. If you miss on big one and ride that source the fall out I assume will be relentless. Glad to get the info, appreciate it, but man worry about longevity its not a race. The NFL guys have to cover more than the Bears they are fielding calls from around the league. They are not just focused on Chicago.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
5th rd pick in return

Rapoport - The early word is the #Jets traded a 5th round pick for veteran WR Brandon Marshall, per source. Not official until a physical though
10:33am - 6 Mar 15

Scooter27

Liked Posts:
Late round pick for marshall? WTF!

This is not official yet but seems this way.

I'm outraged. I understand the contract situation, but is pace really this stupid to just let him go for a 7th rounder... Just let BRANDON MARSHALL GO, for a possible practice sqaud member.

I mean come on guys, the Eagles just let go of their star offensive player, and they at least get a solid young linebacker who could have a big future in philly. And we get stuck with nothing, something's I just don't understand the way the Bears work.

Also if you're going to blow up just parts of the team and go full rebuild, then don't just stop now! BLOW IT ALL UP, Cutler, and forte too. Get cap space and picks for them all.

Ughh I hate the state of this team. Here's too watching us suck for years to come.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:

Age is the primary factor in the deal now.

Thomas31

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
all the people clamoring for a 'total' rebuild are going to be the first people lighting up these boards with complaints the next few years.

I used the word tarde, and I admit I will still be upset and complain after every loss. I fully admit my hypocrisy for this upcoming season....

BEARS