***BREAKING: Brandon Marshall traded to the Jets***

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
all the people clamoring for a 'total' rebuild are going to be the first people lighting up these boards with complaints the next few years.

I don't think it's going to take a few years. I'm optimistic with Pace's pedigree being around a successful org and Fox's track record of improving teams quickly that they could well be better than imagined in 2015 and very competitive in 2016.

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
Taking a WR at #7 would be idiotic.

This last draft class just showed you don't have to take WRs early to get good returns.

The #1 problem with this team is still the defense and they can get a good player to help fix that at #7. Taking Cooper/White isn't helping this team win any games in 2015.

You can say that about literally any position.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
You don't have to draft a receiver with the top pick. The Bears have a #1 WR, a top 5 TE and a good pass catching back in Forte. The Bears just need to sign a decent #2 guy and then draft another with a mid round pick. That is plenty of firepower to get it done.

I like the top receivers more than the top defenders if we're just talking BPA.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I don't think it's going to take a few years. I'm optimistic with Pace's pedigree being around a successful org and Fox's track record of improving teams quickly that they could well be better than imagined in 2015 and very competitive in 2016.

It all comes down to the QB. I have no doubt they can turn the D around in that time. Just depends on if they can find a QB.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:

I agree. No way Fox comes here under the assumption that this is going to be a long rebuild.

I liked Marshall as he's obviously very talented despite having quite a few injuries this year, but if they are doing this for $$$ reasons to beef up the D through FA, I'm okay with it. We still have Jeffery, Bennett and Forte which is more than some teams have for offensive weapons. Would I like to have seen us get a higher pick? Sure, but he's only worth what someone will trade for him for.

Sent from my Texas Instrument Calculator

Frigidus

Liked Posts:
If this is true then we better see some fucking fireworks on the field this year, because they're basically trading one of our best players for a sandwich. Lesson learned, don't buy jerseys.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Not sure what this thread is about, but the real NFL story today is that the Bears resigned Clausen.

Can someone change the title of this thread to reflect the magnitude of resigning Clausen?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Taking a WR at #7 would be idiotic.

This last draft class just showed you don't have to take WRs early to get good returns.

The #1 problem with this team is still the defense and they can get a good player to help fix that at #7. Taking Cooper/White isn't helping this team win any games in 2015.
I think we'll ber getting his replacement in free agency instead of the draft unless they aren't planning on competeing next year and just plan to rebuild then i can see them drafting a WR.

#FireEveryoneGeorge

Liked Posts:
Dan Pompei ‏@danpompei 1m1 minute ago
Bears lost a lot of talent; Jets gained a lot. But it takes a lot more than talent to win games.

Spot on.

Hopefully Cutty's bags are packed and ready to go. :X

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
If the Bears go all out in FA to fix the defense than I could see us taking a WR but they will have to get a starter quality interior d-lineman, safety, CB and edge rusher before that becomes a legit option in my eyes.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
....Lesson learned, don't buy jerseys.

I disagree. If anything you need to run out and buy another jersey right now! Maybe you can get a 2015 Cutler jersey. If you can get one on sale that's even better.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Yes yes let the hate flow through you

Frigidus

Liked Posts:
I disagree. If anything you need to run out and buy another jersey right now! Maybe you can get a 2015 Cutler jersey. If you can get one on sale that's even better.

Apparently a Cutler jersey would be a good investment, because he's still fucking here while we're junking actual offensive playmakers.

da_bears6

Liked Posts:

What would you consider better than imagined in 2015? Record wise.

grenade007

Liked Posts:
Name how many Super bowl champions in the last decade that had an elite WR

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
If this is true then we better see some fucking fireworks on the field this year, because they're basically trading one of our best players for a sandwich. Lesson learned, don't buy jerseys.

If that's your expectation, you will be sorely disappointed.

Sent from my Texas Instrument Calculator

Madden

Liked Posts:
I wish we could have gotten a LB along with the draft pick.

#FireEveryoneGeorge

Liked Posts:
Dan Pompei ‏@danpompei 1m1 minute ago
Brandon Marshall's career is starting to smell a little like Terrell Owens' career.

beardown28

That's What She Said
Donator
Liked Posts:
Its a 5th round pick according to BR.