***BREAKING: Brandon Marshall traded to the Jets***

Frigidus

Liked Posts:
If that's your expectation, you will be sorely disappointed.

Sent from my Texas Instrument Calculator

That wasn't my expectation until today. If I end up very disappointed then I'll be calling for Pace's head this offseason. If we're going to suck this year I want to at least have SOMETHING worth watching on game day, and they traded away a pretty big something. Douchebags in the front office are going to make me suffer through a dogshit 6-10 season with nothing to be proud of.

Nick80

A 5th round pick? LOL at Matt Cassell being worth two compared to Marshalls one. Nice work Pace.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Well at least marshall will continue his path of never making the playoffs

#infoxwetrust

Brownie

Liked Posts:
Like others have said: With mgt willing to part with Marshall for, what a first blush, looks like a pack of M&M's, then they BETTER be willing to part with that LOSER Cutler. That asshole better be next.

Unfortunately, I can see them keeping him on some "We know what he [didnt] do with the old regime, but WE are the smartest ppl in the room and can't wait to work with him"-type shit. FTW!

ThaGator

Liked Posts:
A 5th for Marshall is actually a really good return all things considered.

da_bears6

Liked Posts:
Name how many Super bowl champions in the last decade that had an elite WR

The QB play is much more important.

Look at the teams that have won the Super Bowl the last 10 years. The QBs have played well enough that the WR play is mostly irrelevant.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
That wasn't my expectation until today. If I end up very disappointed then I'll be calling for Pace's head this offseason. If we're going to suck this year I want to at least have SOMETHING worth watching on game day, and they traded away a pretty big something. Douchebags in the front office are going to make me suffer through a dogshit 6-10 season with nothing to be proud of.

Typically that happens when a team goes through a mini rebuild.

There's a couple guys via FA who could play as a #2 on this team, and let's not forget we have Jeffery, Bennett and Forte as top 5-10 offensive players at their positions.

If we add say, Hartline, Moore, Nicks (who could come cheap and is looking to rebound), and Britt that would be a huge plus to already 3 bonafide star players.

Sent from my Texas Instrument Calculator

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well that settles it. I'm never buying another player's jersey; every time I do they're gone within 1 year of me doing so. There's nothing wrong with Brandon that a healthy ankle and winning couldn't cure.

Tampabear

Liked Posts:
Possible FA Replacements

Torrey Smith
Harry Douglas
Randall Cobb
Hakeem Nicks
Cecil Shorts
Brian Hartline
Jeremy Maclin
Eddie Royal
Michael Crabtree
Jacoby Jones

Only one on this list worth a shit (compared to what Marshall brought) is Cobb, and I don't see the Bears getting him.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Only one on this list worth a shit (compared to what Marshall brought) is Cobb, and I don't see the Bears getting him.

No reason to with a loaded WR draft class.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I'm sure a lot of us are mad right now at not only the trading of BMarsh but for what sounds to be that we only got a mid to late round pick but if the plan truly is to build this defense back to what a Bears defense is supposed to be and to go with a strong running game then the loss of Marsh shouldn't hurt that bad. I really can't wait for free agency to start now and wondering if the idea is to bring in another RB to share carries with Forte? A Forte/M.Ingram combo would work well and then with a great Bears defense things should be fine and we still have Alshon, M.Bennett and M.Wilson and add a speedy WR to that and we'll be just fine.

da_bears6

Liked Posts:
Well at least marshall will continue his path of never making the playoffs

#infoxwetrust

10 wins is a lock for the wild card in the AFC. Wouldn't surprise me with Bowles if they go back to looking like the Jets under Ryan when he first arrived there. Maybe they go with Mariota at 6 and he helps them win games.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Marsjall is old and coming off injury. To add on he only has one winning season

#outwiththeoldinwiththenew

#wewantwinners

JoSeCuERvO

CBMB Crossover
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Orlando City SC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Miami Hurricanes

Cobb is not even top 2 on that list Maclin and Smith. Cobb is a result of Aaron Rodgers and i cant wait to see the team that overpays for his services realize it mid way through the season