***BREAKING: Brandon Marshall traded to the Jets***

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Going to be a train-wreck of a season. 2015 = biding time.

There will be much tequila consumed.

I am making the great pilgrimage w/familia this summer to the city by the lake (June), hope to tip a few while bringing my boyz together - me/you/Des. We can hipster it up downtown watching the Cubs lose on a bar tv. Please join us.

Also would buy first rounds for my agave bros: xero and Tjoldov.
I'd totally come upto the city and grab some drinks with ya! I'm only bout 40 mins away. And having some brews in Chicago during summertime=awesome!

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Stretching the truth that we gave Marshall and a 7th for a 5th into we traded Marshall, the 5th and his cap hit for a $40M backup LB is not saying "Go Pace, go Fox". That's true nut slurping.

Marshall and a 7th for a 5th is just idiotic. He didn't have anything on his record with the Bears to equal what was there with Broncos or Miami, he was worth multiple 2's and 3's then.

You may be inflicted with an incurable form of dumb.

Each and every comment you made is off base, and well, I am no longer concerned with how you feel about the trade and I will not venture down your Special person rabbit-hole in a futile attempt to help you see the light.

LOL at me being a nut-hugger for anyone, never been characterized as such - thanks for the laugh.

RacerX

Liked Posts:
I'd totally come upto the city and grab some drinks with ya! I'm only bout 40 mins away. And having some brews in Chicago during summertime=awesome!

June!

P.S. - HHM will join us, k?

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
You may be inflicted with an incurable form of dumb.

Each and every comment you made is off base, and well, I am no longer concerned with how you feel about the trade and I will not venture down your Special person rabbit-hole in a futile attempt to help you see the light.

LOL at me being a nut-hugger for anyone, never been characterized as such - thanks for the laugh.

You might want to learn to read. I wasn't the only one who caught your slurp right after calling everyone else out.

RacerX

Liked Posts:
You might want to learn to read. I wasn't the only one who caught your slurp right after calling everyone else out.

Damn, you caught me. Slurp, slurp, slurp.

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
16537a73657bb3f47da1b955f042638c.jpeg

8885a846a354d12f61a6871f5809abbd.jpeg

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
As much as I hate to post in this thread, I felt the need to mention that Miami just traded Mike Wallace and a seventh to the Vikings for a fifth. So basically we got the same value for a highly productive wide receiver as Miami did for an unproductive one.

Reactions: Myk

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
As much as I hate to post in this thread, I felt the need to mention that Miami just traded Mike Wallace and a seventh to the Vikings for a fifth. So basically we got the same value for a highly productive wide receiver as Miami did for an unproductive one.

After seeing this trade go down...I can't believe the Bears couldn't get more for Marshall. Wallace's salary is bad and he is no where near as productive.

Willis1524

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
But he is younger, and from what my sources tell me he only struggled because Tannehill struggles with the deep ball. He also isn't coming off an injury right?

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No doubt that trade came off the back of the Marshall trade that set the market.

He's one the best deep ball guys in the league and that carries a premium, but I would never pay 10 million for a speedster with a limited route tree.

TypicalChazz

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
After watching a football life last night, I think I can see why the bears traded marshall. Just watch the beginning segment with him and cutler. I think when it came down to the interviews with the new regime, cutler convinced them he was all about football, contract non withstanding. Marshall did not, as sucks as that is. I hope it works out.

Last edited:

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Taking a WR at #7 would be idiotic.

This last draft class just showed you don't have to take WRs early to get good returns.

The #1 problem with this team is still the defense and they can get a good player to help fix that at #7. Taking Cooper/White isn't helping this team win any games in 2015.

Wow. He called it...