***BREAKING: Brandon Marshall traded to the Jets***

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
2012071823471617631.gif

I long for the day when my potatoes Shit French fries.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I long for the day when my potatoes Shit French fries.

That's not surprising.

For the record you're the one who brought up potatoes, Spudboy.
And you're the one who thinks paying people to take talented players is a good trade.

As I've said, I'm still willing to wait for a final opinion but this first move is not looking good for the Bears finally getting a competent front office.
I really don't care about the 7th, that just makes the trade more laughable.

But defend the trade again since you said you'll stick with your comedy schtick.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
I'm not about running in circles on the internet with crazies. My stance can be found within this thread. I don't feel the need to keep rehashing my points. Its pretty clear now you have no idea what was meant by the original potato reference I made, which is not surprising.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
And yet you do keep running around in circles. Why? Because someone says something you don't agree with. Perhaps you should check who that crazy is because it doesn't seem possible that you can stop running around with yourself. You should probably never be surprised when someone doesn't understand your potato obsession.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
99% of the board understands the Potato reference. You're just incredibly Naive.

The only one chasing their tail is you.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
99% of the board understands the Potato reference. You're just incredibly Naive.

The only one chasing their tail is you.

I just watched my kid cat chase its tail, pretty decent entertainment this late at night.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What a hit piece! So much bullshit commentary and slime. What does he mean that marshal "self-diagnosed" himself as having mental problems? He has been receiving treatment since he was professionally diagnosed. Hell, this Hub putz didn't even mention the foundation that Marshall established. Instead, he brings up his abusive behavior prior to getting help for his problems.

This guy is just a MORONatti type asshole who refuses to give a guy credit for turning his live around. I think that if you are going to trade a guy or cut a guy it should be based primarily of the guys ability or the money that he makes, not on some lie about his personal life. That is what really pisses me off about that trade. They got shit in return for one of the top receivers in the NFL. The only thing that they did positive was save some money to use elsewhere but if they keep Cutler, then they are royally fucked anyway. The trade doesn't make sense.

While I think Marshall may be addition by subtraction, I can't disagree with this. Hub often has an agenda. Fortunately, he's entertaining enough.

I'm sure we'll be reminded of the 'trade' when Marshall does well this year but I'm also pretty sure this team will more easily move forward without him.

dRwOOD

Liked Posts:
We have a dim-witted fanbase. All the nut-hugging for Emery when he had accomplished zero, and now all the hate for Pace when he is doing his thing.

I never bought into the Emery bullshit, but now i am fully supportive of Pace and the BM trade. Anyone that doesn't understand we traded someone our leadership group wanted moved, and in return (ish) got a 5th round pick + McPhee (from a cap perspective).

BTW, BM is done in 1 or 2 years, he is firmly in the back-9 of his career, and he would not have made any difference in determining whether we compete for the playoffs this year or next.

Go Pace, go Fox, fuck all y'all Haterz.

This is hilarious.. in one sentence you condemn others for the so called "nuthugging" of Emery and in the very next sentence you go into full nutswallowing of Pace... lol - I love the internetz :bowrofl:

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Emery had his mistakes. His biggest was hiring Trestman and giving Cutler that contract. The Shea pick was pretty bad too (although I think he could still find success in a 3-4 as a OLB under Fangio). We were all thrilled when he got Marshall a few minutes into FA, don't lie. The best we were hoping for at the time was probably Vincent Jackson. Snagging Alshon in the 2nd round was also great. And Kyle Fuller. And Kyle Long. I know shitting all over the previous regime is the thing to do for most Bears fans. But let's not pretend like Phil was a total train wreck. Every GM in the league has his hits and misses.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Because one of the newest players to the NFL knows what its like in 31 other locker rooms. Smh, this trade did nothing but hurt the bears. If we are desperate to get young and shed salary, then dump cutler, forte, Allen, an every other standing contract.

Except the Marshall trade wasn't about salary or cap. It was an excellent trade because it got rid of a fatal headache. Allen's money is all guaranteed and cutting him doesn't help, and forte is our best player and by all accounts an excellent teammate. If nobody will take Cutler and they can't get a QB this year, then you're stuck with him for one more year.

In all of these issues, Pace has made zero errors. He's having to clean up the shit tip left by Emery. We shouldn't be faulting him for that. He didn't ask for the mess.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Oh no you are totally getting me wrong man. I loved marshall as a bear and was furious when the trade actually happened.

But i keep thinking more must have gone on than we realized. It must've been really bad to deal with that guy and his actions. I think what got me is people calling him fake and a phoney. I actually agree after watching his football life and seeing how big of a hack he is when reading more about him. In the sense of being a good teammate. Just sucks ass they traded him.

I firmly blame Trestman. He had no balls and no control over the type of guys in the NFL. Hence K Longs comment. I know some have slammed me for saying "nerd" and alpha males. But guess what?? That's the difference of the NFL and regular world. A dork like trestman can't control the personalities that inhibit the NFL. They walked all over him.

It's not Trestman's fault. It was emery's decision to bring the nutjob here and Emery's decision to ink cutler to a massive deal. None of these problems are Trestman's fault.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
This is hilarious.. in one sentence you condemn others for the so called "nuthugging" of Emery and in the very next sentence you go into full nutswallowing of Pace... lol - I love the internetz :bowrofl:

Riiiiiight...because a supportive statement of "Go Pace, go Fox" = same as the Emery nuthuggers that worshipped him as the always-awake deity that "attacks our weaknesses" through brilliant FA pickups and clever draft picks.

Try producing a legit and substantive post instead.

TishLover

Liked Posts:
is it true that we gave Marshall and our 7th pick for the 5th pick?
I think I heard it on Score yesterday

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Riiiiiight...because a supportive statement of "Go Pace, go Fox" = same as the Emery nuthuggers that worshipped him as the always-awake deity that "attacks our weaknesses" through brilliant FA pickups and clever draft picks.

Try producing a legit and substantive post instead.

Stretching the truth that we gave Marshall and a 7th for a 5th into we traded Marshall, the 5th and his cap hit for a $40M backup LB is not saying "Go Pace, go Fox". That's true nut slurping.

Marshall and a 7th for a 5th is just idiotic. He didn't have anything on his record with the Bears to equal what was there with Broncos or Miami, he was worth multiple 2's and 3's then.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Stretching the truth that we gave Marshall and a 7th for a 5th into we traded Marshall, the 5th and his cap hit for a $40M backup LB is not saying "Go Pace, go Fox". That's true nut slurping.

Marshall and a 7th for a 5th is just idiotic. He didn't have anything on his record with the Bears to equal what was there with Broncos or Miami, he was worth multiple 2's and 3's then.

It's not about his record, it's about the way he behaves, his constant thirst to be at the center of attention, his attitude towards football vis-à-vis his "real purpose", and the fact that he was an awful locker room presence whose antics exhausted people. It's a headache they wanted rid of. Clearly the trade wasn't about value or money or what picks were attained. It was about getting Marshall off the team, period. I don't know why people can't understand this.