BREAKING: Browns Release Josh Gordon - Pace, PICK UP THE FONE!

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
sheds some light on why the release

By Mary Kay Cabot, cleveland.com
NEW ORLEANS, La. -- The Browns are finally parting ways with troubled receiver Josh Gordon after he showed up late to the facility on Saturday morning and was 'not himself,' league sources told cleveland.com.

They're releasing him on Monday and finally closing the book on the long saga of substance abuse, suspensions, second chances and redemption.

Team doctors examined Gordon on Saturday, and in addition to a hamstring issue, there was concern that perhaps he was struggling again with his sobriety or on the verge of something, sources said.

He was told to stay home from the team's trip to New Orleans for tomorrow's game against the Saints, and was upset about it, one source told cleveland.com. The source surmised he was mad at himself because he felt he had let down the team with the tweaked hamstring.

"This afternoon we informed Josh Gordon and his representatives that we are going to release him on Monday,'' Browns GM John Dorsey said in a statement. "For the past six years, the Browns have fully supported and invested in Josh, both personally and professionally and wanted the best for him, but unfortunately we've reached a point where we feel it's best to part ways and move forward. We wish Josh well."

Gordon vows to put his sobriety first

Gordon just rejoined the team on Aug. 18 after spending an extended period of time in treatment at the University of Florida. The Browns welcomed him back with open arms, but reached the end of their rope with what happened on Saturday.

Gordon, 27, has been suspended for 56 of a possible 97 games in his Browns career and

KoreanBear

Liked Posts:
Doesn't Gordon have mental health and anxiety issues? If so really nothing to do with being young and dumb. Money doesn't magically make you mentally sound.
Oh? Didn't know he had mental issues... Now i feel kinda bad for the guy....

WookieOnRitalin

Liked Posts:
Why do you hope it's not the bears? Do you think he's gonna convert Trubs to a pothead?

You don't do an exceptional job at pointing out the negative aspects of "taking a gamble" here..

What does Josh Gordon have to do in order to lose all of his credibility? Is the league suddenly bursting with examples of young men like Gordon who suddenly turn everything around?

Antobears

Liked Posts:
sheds some light on why the release

By Mary Kay Cabot, cleveland.com
NEW ORLEANS, La. -- The Browns are finally parting ways with troubled receiver Josh Gordon after he showed up late to the facility on Saturday morning and was 'not himself,' league sources told cleveland.com.

They're releasing him on Monday and finally closing the book on the long saga of substance abuse, suspensions, second chances and redemption.

Team doctors examined Gordon on Saturday, and in addition to a hamstring issue, there was concern that perhaps he was struggling again with his sobriety or on the verge of something, sources said.

He was told to stay home from the team's trip to New Orleans for tomorrow's game against the Saints, and was upset about it, one source told cleveland.com. The source surmised he was mad at himself because he felt he had let down the team with the tweaked hamstring.

"This afternoon we informed Josh Gordon and his representatives that we are going to release him on Monday,'' Browns GM John Dorsey said in a statement. "For the past six years, the Browns have fully supported and invested in Josh, both personally and professionally and wanted the best for him, but unfortunately we've reached a point where we feel it's best to part ways and move forward. We wish Josh well."

Gordon vows to put his sobriety first

Gordon just rejoined the team on Aug. 18 after spending an extended period of time in treatment at the University of Florida. The Browns welcomed him back with open arms, but reached the end of their rope with what happened on Saturday.

Gordon, 27, has been suspended for 56 of a possible 97 games in his Browns career and

Sad to see in someone so young.

Kick the tyres???

Nope

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
This smells like a Seattle or Dallas special to me.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
What does Josh Gordon have to do in order to lose all of his credibility? Is the league suddenly bursting with examples of young men like Gordon who suddenly turn everything around?
Again, how would this negatively affect the bears? That is what you were insinuating, correct? That this would be a net-negative?

Worst case scenario you cut him after the season and you're no worse for wear.

I guess I'm missing something..

Antobears

Liked Posts:
Again, how would this negatively affect the bears? That is what you were insinuating, correct? That this would be a net-negative?

The guy has a problem with the booze and that was a reputation earned playing football but you think it's a good idea to sign him...everyone is entitled to an opinion I suppose

WookieOnRitalin

Liked Posts:

It's about consequences and Gordon has never demonstrated an ability to be a professional. I do not want that level of unprofessional behavior on this team nor do I want to believe that our organization would invite it into the locker room.

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The guy has a problem with the booze and that was a reputation earned playing football but you think it's a good idea to sign him...everyone is entitled to an opinion I suppose
Guessing you're not gonna answer the question with anything meaningful either.

Okay then.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What a waste of talent... It's like throwing away millions of dollars. Too young and dumb to realize now, but he'll be crying in a couple of years when his manager tells him to come flip burgers on black friday.

or, you know. he is an addict.

Antobears

Liked Posts:
Guessing you're not gonna answer the question with anything meaningful either.

Okay then.

There's enough drama on this team methinks. I'd like to see a win instead of more; call me old fashioned.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Josh Gordon did not fail a drug test from reports just showed up late and wasnt the same.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
green bay only signs white guys with drug problems

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Just for the record, I'd be a pot fiend too if I was confined to the Cleveland Browns.

If you can get this guy on the field, that's an easy uptick in the win column.. why does anything else matter besides winning football games

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
Haven’t you guys worked with a few Assholes?
Don’t bring a cancer in.

KoreanBear

Liked Posts:
Josh Gordon did not fail a drug test from reports just showed up late and wasnt the same.

What the hell does "wasnt the same" mean then?

Like he sent his buddy who sort of looks like him into the meeting unstead? Hey... You don't look the same...

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Haven’t you guys worked with a few Assholes?
Don’t bring a cancer in.

People with alcohol problems are assholes? He's not a diva like Terrell Owens or Odell Beckham Jr.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
What the hell does "wasnt the same" mean then?

Like he sent his buddy who sort of looks like him into the meeting unstead? Hey... You don't look the same...

Hue Jackson and Dorsey are both idiots. I wouldn't read much into it.