BREAKING: Browns Release Josh Gordon - Pace, PICK UP THE FONE!

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This isn't about discontinuity. This is about standards.

Why does Gordon get held to a different standard than everyone else? How can you look at other men working for you and say, if you do what he does, you get fired, but since he is a once in a lifetime racehorse, he gets a pass.

That's bull. Imagine if everyone got to act like Gordon? At some point, code of conduct matters.

Ya, talent has never received preference.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
This isn't about discontinuity. This is about standards.

Why does Gordon get held to a different standard than everyone else? How can you look at other men working for you and say, if you do what he does, you get fired, but since he is a once in a lifetime racehorse, he gets a pass.

That's bull. Imagine if everyone got to act like Gordon? At some point, code of conduct matters.

Mychal Kendricks is guilty of insider trading, cut by Browns, signed by Seattle. He admitted his guilt and he is going to jail, code of conduct. LOL

Antobears

Liked Posts:
Mychal Kendricks is guilty of insider trading, cut by Browns, signed by Seattle. He admitted his guilt and he is going to jail, code of conduct. LOL

Can't play ball at that level while drunk and/or stoned. Not possible, at least anymore

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
I've never heard of anyone calling him an asshole or a cancer. Everything I've heard indicated he's a real nice guy with problems.

I think you made that shit up.
Just fucking his teammates for years, this Bears teams seems to have some great character guys, Bears could use another weapon with Shaheen probably gone the year..

NorcalBear

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
To the latter, I believe you are correct. The headache that is due to ensue for said team is not something I envy. He's a troubled soul. He needs to find purpose outside of Football and if he were smart, he would move on with his life.

Move on with his life? If he has ANY chance of another year or two and pull in a couple million.. why walk away from that now? I dont see how his substance abuse will disappear any easier outside of football. if anything.. football makes him try his hardest to stay clean. but maybe he actually makes some money if he gets signed, right? i think he was still on rookie contract with Browns? like 700k this year?

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
I remember my parents thought this one kid was a bad influence, I was in 5th grade.

What's he up to now? One kid I know from HS actually showed up trashed to his finals- puking everywhere. Now he's a doctor.

WookieOnRitalin

Liked Posts:
Move on with his life? If he has ANY chance of another year or two and pull in a couple million.. why walk away from that now? I dont see how his substance abuse will disappear any easier outside of football. if anything.. football makes him try his hardest to stay clean. but maybe he actually makes some money if he gets signed, right? i think he was still on rookie contract with Browns? like 700k this year?

At times, there should be more seen than the potential financial gain within a situation. Walking away from money could be the best thing a person can do.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
This Just In: Josh Gordon hurt hamstring at promotional shoot; teams already calling Browns for trade - sources tell Adam Schefter

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/10/10/josh-gordon-documentary-drug-use

Guys, he's not just an alcoholic and occasional marijuana user. He's a hardcore addict who's still actively using. He CANNOT play football.

"I’ve used alcohol on many, many occasions, Xanax on many occasions, cocaine several occasions, marijuana most of my life, codeine, cough syrup, methazine is very prevalent where I’m from,” Gordon says. “It’s what I grew up using.”

Antobears

Liked Posts:

Guys, he's not just an alcoholic and occasional marijuana user. He's a hardcore addict who's still actively using. He CANNOT play football.

"I’ve used alcohol on many, many occasions, Xanax on many occasions, cocaine several occasions, marijuana most of my life, codeine, cough syrup, methazine is very prevalent where I’m from,” Gordon says. “It’s what I grew up using.”
Its fucked up but it's the way it is

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
What's he up to now? One kid I know from HS actually showed up trashed to his finals- puking everywhere. Now he's a doctor.

My parents were right, the kid was nothing but trouble, that kid's name: Donald J. Trump.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Gordon has had plenty of shots.......we are bordering on Steve Howe if he comes back again

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Once you see the Anthony Miller explosion Monday night you will forget all about this guy.

Antobears

Liked Posts:
Once you see the Anthony Miller explosion Monday night you will forget all about this guy.

Thank you for generating some optimism daabears after throwing away a 20 point last Sunday things can only get better

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

The issue is why. He appears to have legit mental health and anxiety issues.

Rather than being labelled and addict or asshole by the NFL and fans, I'd like to see him treated for his apparently real mental health and anxiety issues.

Maybe just maybe, if the NFL had helped him that way instead of just suspending like any other pothead, he wouldn't be st another crossroads.

People with legit mental health and anxiety issues should be put on the non-injury reserve list not treated like simple drug addicts.

Antobears

Liked Posts:
The issue is why. He appears to have legit mental health and anxiety issues.

Rather than being labelled and addict or asshole by the NFL and fans, I'd like to see him treated for his apparently real mental health and anxiety issues.

Maybe just maybe, if the NFL had helped him that way instead of just suspending like any other pothead, he wouldn't be st another crossroads.

People with legit mental health and anxiety issues should be put on the non-injury reserve list not treated like simple drug addicts.

Ffs, he drinks/smokes too much ergo it's his employers fault; serious or no?