BREAKING: Browns Release Josh Gordon - Pace, PICK UP THE FONE!

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Ffs, he drinks/smokes too much ergo it's his employers fault; serious or no?

Please try to follow along. Gordon's issues predate he NFL. However, if you have legit anxiety and mental health issues I don't think being labelled a pariah and ridiculed by fans helps one overcome anxiety issues.

You have dudes that beat women that get punished less than Gordon and again Gordon may have legit mental health issues. The way we treat and dismiss people who may have mental health issues is disturbing. That is the issue for me.

Like not even sure your beef? Are you saying people that are legit mentally ill and turn to substance abuse should be treated like this and be called assholes like some people are doing?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Antobears

Liked Posts:
Please try to follow along. Gordon's issues predate he NFL. However, if you have legit anxiety and mental health issues I don't think being labelled a pariah and ridiculed by fans helps one overcome anxiety issues.

You have dudes that beat women that get punished less than Gordon and again Gordon may have legit mental health issues. The way we treat and dismiss people who may have mental health issues is disturbing. That is the issue for me.

Like not even sure your beef? Are you saying people that are legit mentally ill and turn to substance abuse should be treated like this and be called assholes like some people are doing?

Thankfully I have zero moral authority. Indeed I'm a bit of a misfit. But if you're too fucked up to play bal you can't play ball... am I missing something here?

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
According to ESPN the Browns are getting "phone calls" plural about trading for Gordon, he's going to be on a team. Sorry for you guys that want to see a guy with emotional problems punished.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I hope the guy gets his life figured out. But I'd rather Pace move on.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Thankfully I have zero moral authority. Indeed I'm a bit of a misfit. But if you're too fucked up to play bal you can't play ball... am I missing something here?

That was not your argument. You said he drinks and smokes too much in response to me saying treating him like a simple drug addict is not the right approach. I also never said he should play. I said he should be put on the non-injury reserve list as opposed to treated like a common weed smoker.

Mental health and anxiety issues should be treated differently than someone who just smokes weed for shits and giggles. The NFL has a one size fits all approach and I think that contributes to guys not getting the help they need.

What about the above do you disagree with?

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Imagine smoking a little weed even being problem. Some ofyou guys are outrageous.

Antobears

Liked Posts:
That was not your argument. You said he drinks and smokes too much in response to me saying treating him like a simply drug addict is not the right approach. I also never said he should play. I said he should be put on the non-injury reserve list as opposed to treated like a common weed smoker.

Mental health and anxiety issues should be treated differently that someone who just smokes weed for shits and giggles. The NFL has a one size fits all approach and I think that contributes to guys not getting the help they need.

What about the above do you disagree with?
Rarely is addiction separate from other mental health issues but I sincerely do not fucking understand why his issues should become bears issues...don't we have enough fucking issues?

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Nah, maybe the Texans can pick up the phone so Watson has someone else to miss for more interceptions.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Rarely is addiction separate from other mental health issues but I sincerely do not fucking understand why his issues should become bears issues...don't we have enough fucking issues?

Will you never understand why his issues should ever become bears issues?

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
Nah, maybe the Texans can pick up the phone so Watson has someone else to miss for more interceptions.

LOL you still think Mitch is better than Watson? I used to think you were trolling, now I know you're just dumb.

Monster

Liked Posts:
I thought the article you posted said he was on that list.

Antobears

Liked Posts:
Will you never understand why his issues should ever become bears issues?

Convoluted and all as my point was expressed can we not just go back to complaining about the QB/GM/HC which I can at least understand... somewhat

No to josh Gordon ffs

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
Convoluted and all as my point was expressed can we not just go back to complaining about the QB/GM/HC which I can at least understand... somewhat

No to josh Gordon ffs

You seem to be similar to the "bears fan" that didn't want Brandon Marshall on the team because he was an "uppity black man"... in different words, but we get your drift. Sad!

Antobears

Liked Posts:
You seem to be similar to the "bears fan" that didn't want Brandon Marshall on the team because he was an "uppity black man"... in different words, but we get your drift. Sad!
Not correct, loved Marshall. Love my wife and children ;

But you can't play ball while inebriated with alcohol which appears to be the issue.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Don't recall where I said it should become a Bears issue in this thread. I simply highlighted his mental health and anxiety issues because you omitted that from your comments about his substance abuse.

I also said I would like to see someone actually address his mental health rather than the NFL's focus on punishing him for his substance abuse.