BREAKING: Browns Release Josh Gordon - Pace, PICK UP THE FONE!

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
The NFL can't make him stay sober.....they can put him in rehab and give him a support structure but at the end of the day Josh Gordon is responsible for his personal success.

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:
Imagine Marshall and Gordon in the same locker room? Oi Vey!

2c7550a2de581bf7fe0319f32a45dbb7.jpg

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
LOL you still think Mitch is better than Watson? I used to think you were trolling, now I know you're just dumb.

LOL, you still think Watson was anything but a half year wonder? Hell, it wasn't even half a year actually. GL with Mr. NoKnees

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Watson envy is strong in this one. Why is it so hard to admit Pace whiffed on the QB position. Doesn't make you any less of a fan.

Except during the draft I said I wanted Watson...the difference is he now has two major knee injuries in non-contact practice. One to each knee. I wouldn't touch that with a 10 foot pole. You're welcome to become a Texans fan though. Since you're clearly not a Bears fan anyways.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Except during the draft I said I wanted Watson...the difference is he now has two major knee injuries in non-contact practice. One to each knee. I wouldn't touch that with a 10 foot pole. You're welcome to become a Texans fan though. Since you're clearly not a Bears fan anyways.

There you go, If anyone speaks in a positive way about a player on another team, they are not a Bears fan. "You think Brady is better than Mole-Eye, PATS FAN!!"

Who the fuck are you to declare who is and is not a bears fan?

Fucking meatball fanbois still trying to kill any player comparison due to insecurities. Comparing teams and players is the entire point of a teams message board, if you are too sensitive to hear a comparison, go start your own "Meatball Only Fanboi Talk Stuff". Or you could be an adult and stop being hyper sensitive and enjoy a healthy discussion comparing teams and players.

Nah.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hard pass. He had a sympathetic (perhaps too sympathetic?) head coach who was willing to work with him and went above and beyond what he had to do by excusing him from part of training camp. If he messed that up, then he's got some problems.

I'm all about working with people to overcome challenges, but at some point he has to be willing to take responsibility for himself. As much as people hate on John Gruden being hard-nosed, maybe what he did with Martavis Bryant was the right thing? I do hope he gets his life together. Regardless, is he ever going to be ticked at himself in 20 years. And he's going to try to talk to other headstrong young men with boatloads of talent, who probably aren't going to listen to him either (much like he apparently hasn't listened to people who probably tried to pull him aside and tell him). The cycle continues...

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
There you go, If anyone speaks in a positive way about a player on another team, they are not a Bears fan. "You think Brady is better than Mole-Eye, PATS FAN!!"

Who the fuck are you to declare who is and is not a bears fan?

Fucking meatball fanbois still trying to kill any player comparison due to insecurities. Comparing teams and players is the entire point of a teams message board, if you are too sensitive to hear a comparison, go start your own "Meatball Only Fanboi Talk Stuff". Or you could be an adult and stop being hyper sensitive and enjoy a healthy discussion comparing teams and players.

Nah.

Talk bad about Watson?
giphy.gif

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
That's some major bullshit right there. It's up to Gordon to get better, not the fucking NFL. He's responsible for where he's at, nobody else. You break the rules, there are repercussions.

It is not either or. If someone has low self esteem and you constantly tell them they are a piece of shit then have you contributed to their low self of steam? The answer is obviously yes. It is still their problem to fix and ultimately their responsibility but that doesn't mean as someone that presumably cares about them, you should make things worse on them by saying shit that is bound to exacerbate their issue.

Likewise, if the NFL had treated this like a mental health issue from the start then perhaps Gordon would have gotten the right treatment. That doesn't mean it is not Gordon responsibility to get better but the NFL has been punishing him for substance abuse like he is just a normal pot smoker during a time when he is allegedly going through anxiety issues.

Do you think losing your livelihood for 2 years increases or decreases one's anxiety? The problem is the NFL likely contributed to his condition rather than trying to help him get better. He should have been put on the non-injury reserve list where he could sort out his issues outside of the context of the NFL's substance abuse program where he gets labelled an asshole drug addict like some have done here. He was self medicating due to his mental health issues. Not just smoking weed recreationally. There needs to be a different approach for the former than the latter. That is the point.

Monster

Liked Posts:
Aren’t most if not all rehab facilities operated by mental health professionals who focus on the causes of addiction or self destructive behavior?

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It is not either or. If someone has low self esteem and you constantly tell them they are a piece of shit then have you contributed to their low self of steam? The answer is obviously yes. It is still their problem to fix and ultimately their responsibility but that doesn't mean as someone that presumably cares about them, you should make things worse on them by saying shit that is bound to exacerbate their issue.

Likewise, if the NFL had treated this like a mental health issue from the start then perhaps Gordon would have gotten the right treatment. That doesn't mean it is not Gordon responsibility to get better but the NFL has been punishing him for substance abuse like he is just a normal pot smoker during a time when he is allegedly going through anxiety issues.

Do you think losing your livelihood for 2 years increases or decreases one's anxiety? The problem is the NFL likely contributed to his condition rather than trying to help him get better. He should have been put on the non-injury reserve list where he could sort out his issues outside of the context of the NFL's substance abuse program where he gets labelled an asshole drug addict like some have done here. He was self medicating due to his mental health issues. Not just smoking weed recreationally. There needs to be a different approach for the former than the latter. That is the point.

I think one of the unspoken issues here is marijuana being both illegal and on the NFL substance-abuse list. Both of these will be laughable in 50 years. It's laughable that we think that 246 pound (average weight) men can run into each other at full speed and not turn to non-prescription pain-management. The moronic war against marijuana is beyond stupid. And I say this even as someone who doesn't personally use cannabis.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Aren’t most if not all rehab facilities operated by mental health professionals who focus on the causes of addiction or self destructive behavior.

Not really. I had a cousin with a serious drinking problem... costed him everything, and i mean everything. He had been in and out of rehab countless times, with no real results. Talked to countless therapists about A through Z. He'd stop for a little while and then fall off the wagon again.

He finally came out to the family last year as being gay and is doing much better. It took the right psychiatrist to isolate the real issue. The drinking wasn't the issue, him suppressing who he was and living a lie was the issue. The drinking was merely a symptom.

There's still a lot of stigmas that need to be broken...

Mitchapalooza

Not really. I had a cousin with a serious drinking problem... costed him everything, and i mean everything. He had been in and out of rehab countless times, with no real results. Talked to countless therapists about A through Z. He'd stop for a little while and then fall off the wagon again.

He finally came out to the family last year as being gay and is doing much better. It took the right psychiatrist to isolate the real issue. The drinking wasn't the issue, him suppressing who he was and living a lie was the issue. The drinking was merely a symptom.

So what you're saying is...Josh Gordon is gay?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Aren’t most if not all rehab facilities operated by mental health professionals who focus on the causes of addiction or self destructive behavior?

Depends but if one of the underlying issues is anxiety then you aren't going to solve that by treating the person as a criminal. Doesn't matter what the rehab facility says when Gordon can turn on the TV and see people labeling him an asshole drug addict based largely off of the fact the NFL suspended him for several years for substance abuse rather than framing it as him getting help for his mental illness.

Like do you think a guy who just smokes weed recreationally should be treated the same as a guy who has legit anxiety issues and smokes weed to calm himself down? Those are two completely different issues. The NFL needs a policy for mental illness instead of just punishing everyone as part of substance abuse.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
So what you're saying is...Josh Gordon is gay?

Nope.

What i'm saying is that self destructive behavior usually isn't the real problem, but a by-product.

But for all we know, Gordon could just like to get high.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Little brother is the same way.