***BREAKING*** Shaheen IN - Sims OUT vs. Vikings

pepethebear

Liked Posts:
Great news, Sendejo or Smith will have to follow him around...should help the WR's get open and not get clocked.
With the Vikings dline the way it is, I'd imagine he'd be used mostly as a blocker in 2 te sets. I doubt he takes many oppurtunities away from burton

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
why do people think Shaheen is going to play?

Right? Outside of a couple of plays, I doubt he contributes much. I doubt he's going to be more of a factor than Burton, who's been good this year.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
why do people think Shaheen is going to play?
I don't know how much Shaheen has practiced this week, but you'd expect the coach to only activate him when he is ready to take the field, and as late a notice as possible to have a strategic advantage over the opponent (who wouldn't know if he's going to play).

For what it's worth, USA Today reporter wrote today, "Second-year tight end Adam Shaheen will be activated off injured reserve and is expected to play in Week 11." https://bearswire.usatoday.com/2018/11/17/bears-activating-adam-shaheen-off-injured-reserve-for-week-11/

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Ya gotta think so----If he is activated maybe he gets a goal line look. I just hope he is 100%---He just stopped riding the scooter 10 days ago.
That does seem rushed. But Bears don't really have any reason to rush him, just bring him in before the deadline.

It is tough to have Sims out so abruptly. I don't know how well Braunecker played last week. Maybe there's a little pressure to get him out there.

Speed

Liked Posts:
Good luck to Sims. Hardly knew ye. He was ass, but I don't wish that on anyone.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Last week Sims was inactive, right? Expect the same from Shaheen tomorrow night...

I don't see the correlation. Sims was in concussion protocol.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
I don't see the correlation. Sims was in concussion protocol.

They had enough TEs active to effectively run the offense. So they don't NEED Shaheen just yet if he isn't 100% ready...

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
With the Vikings dline the way it is, I'd imagine he'd be used mostly as a blocker in 2 te sets. I doubt he takes many oppurtunities away from burton

Except that all during TC and preseason he was getting as much catching opportunities as Burton

Hotwheelz24

They See Me Rollin'
Liked Posts:
Not sure if Shaheen will get any snaps but having Sims off the field immediately makes us better alone.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Except that all during TC and preseason he was getting as much catching opportunities as Burton

This, even in madden the bears playbook is full of 2 TE looks.

And Shaheen didn't just get off the scooter 10 days ago, he has been jogging for a while now, he just started practicing 10 days ago. Big difference.

I think he will be active and get playtime, he could have been activated last week FFS.

Speed

Liked Posts:
Did shaheen practice at all this week? In any case he should be pretty helpful in the red zone at the very least if active.

He's been practicing for like a week and a half now. Only thing he said was he day to day while regaining the range of motion in his ankle and Achilles. They'll obviously ease him, but he should be good to go.

Hotwheelz24

They See Me Rollin'
Liked Posts:

And Shaheen didn't just get off the scooter 10 days ago, he has been jogging for a while now, he just started practicing 10 days ago. Big difference.

I think he will be active and get playtime, he could have been activated last week FFS.

I wonder how well he's picking up the playbook. Studying and watching film is one thing, but being out on the field for practice and games is another.

Visionman

Liked Posts:

Well, if it's in Madden.....

pepethebear

Liked Posts:
He's been practicing for like a week and a half now. Only thing he said was he day to day while regaining the range of motion in his ankle and Achilles. They'll obviously ease him, but he should be good to go.
Good shit

pepethebear

Liked Posts:
Sure but theyre playing a team with a nasty rush. My point was they might leave shaheen back to block in favor of burton

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
When's the last time an NFL player was placed on IR due to a concussion? Is that even a thing? That seems absurd to me.. I'm assuming there's some monetary incentive in play for the Bears to do so.

Friendly reminder that Sims was the 11th highest paid TE this year.. disgusting

msadows

Liked Posts:
I wonder how well he's picking up the playbook. Studying and watching film is one thing, but being out on the field for practice and games is another.

Well he had a lot of practice in training camp and preseason. Dude went down week 3 of preseason if I'm not mistaken. I don't think if he is physically ready there should be any issues as far as the playbook goes.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
I wonder if Shaheen will take any snaps?

He's not listed on the Injury Report. I guess a player coming back wouldn't be on it, but teams are free to use this comeback to hide whether or not a player is going to play.

Yep, this is brilliant by Nagy, imo. Nagy said in his presser that Shaheen had been practicing for two weeks and it was possible he could see some time. This is a beautiful move as the Vikes will have no film on him in the recent Bears offense.

The Vikes weakness is across the middle on RPO type plays. Shaheen might be that secret weapon that the Vikes don't prepare for. Sure will be interesting to see as it will be on National TV for everyone to witness.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
Sendejo and Barr are both listed as OUT for this game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sendejo and morgan are listed as out...barr as of 2 hrs ago was still questionable...

where did you see that barr was out?