***BREAKING*** Shaheen IN - Sims OUT vs. Vikings

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Bad news guys. Sculpt has been placed on the concussion protocol for the above statement and will miss the Sunday night game.
Just point me to the right basket and I'll be fine.

Maybe Sheheen is the secret to the Bears doing better in the run game.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sims: Addition by subtraction

Shaheen: Addition by addition

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I doubt he plays tomorrow. MAYBE some red zone / goal line love. But stoked to have him back. He's another weapon at 6'6" for sure.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
They had enough TEs active to effectively run the offense. So they don't NEED Shaheen just yet if he isn't 100% ready...

If he is't ready, then he isn't but if nothing else, they could really use his blocking. It sure looked like they activated him a week ago to try to get him eligible and ready to play this game. Even at less than 100%, he'll be our best blocker and red zone threat which Sims was neither.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I doubt he plays tomorrow. MAYBE some red zone / goal line love. But stoked to have him back. He's another weapon at 6'6" for sure.

He’s been practicing for two weeks. He’s going to play.

msadows

Liked Posts:
He’s been practicing for two weeks. He’s going to play.

This, people act like he JUST came back from injury. That isn't the case, he was jogging before the fucking pats game, which in NFL terms was an eternity ago. I won't be shocked if they saved him JUST for this game, because they knew how big it was.

Don't downplay how important he could be. Even having him on the field as a decoy does a lot for this team because when we do run 2 TE sets in the past we haven't had major receiving threats. Him on the field gives us two targets the vikings have to respect down the seam at any given time, that will be a look no team has seen leading up to this week. Nagy's going to utilize that to the best of his ability as long as shaheen can as well.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Sims was a bad signing in 2017

Keeping him in 2018 was idiotic, when that 6 million could have been rolled forward.

Getting him off the field upgrades the team, no matter who takes his spot.

6 mil this year
3 mil per catch
Or
666k per yard
Or
10 bucks per missed block

Excellent value

And some dipshit on here told me 3-4 weeks ago cutting sims was a fantasy and idiotic statement.....velp; looks like I know what I was talking about.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Wtf are you talking about? If the Vikes D is to be had, it will be by exposing their slot nickleback Mackensie Alexander. Dude is a total dumpster fire, so AntMillz is firmly in a "blow up" spot in this one.

The Vikings front 7 is a very solid veteran group, and the Bears have been extremely ineffective running the ball. Also, we literally haven't even seen Shaheen yet. How the hell you came up with the idea that the Bears can be effective with RPO's to Shaheen is beyond me. Against the fucking Vikings no less, the team that would probably be the most effective at shutting that down.

Can you speak out of your mouth instead of your asshole next time?

If you'd stop being an idiot for just one second, you'd realize that's exactly how Philly beat them last year, but I like the Miller matchup as well. Maybe you should stop trying to dislike me everytime and stay focused, you might not be such an idiot all the time.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is Shaheen playing tonight? He would immediately help the running game, as Burton and Sims have been missing blocks. He could also help block Danielle Hunter/Everson Griffen (pick your poison) off the edge.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is Shaheen playing tonight? He would immediately help the running game, as Burton and Sims have been missing blocks. He could also help block Danielle Hunter/Everson Griffen (pick your poison) off the edge.

Pretty sure he is. Have to wonder if he'll be on a play count. We know Burton isn't a blocking TE.
Getting Shaheen involved in the passing game has some exciting possibilities.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Literally #SHAHEEN

Man I'm on fucking fire.

#calledit

Last edited by a moderator:

casinnova

Liked Posts:
He didn't look so good after that 2 pt conversion.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
He didn't look so good after that 2 pt conversion.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

He'll get better. That was a nasty injury. Glad he had a positive impact on the game even in a limited role.

Offense can only get better.

CAP BOSO

Liked Posts:
This dude gets hurt every time he touches the ball.