***BREAKING*** Shaheen IN - Sims OUT vs. Vikings

msadows

Liked Posts:
When's the last time an NFL player was placed on IR due to a concussion? Is that even a thing? That seems absurd to me.. I'm assuming there's some monetary incentive in play for the Bears to do so.

Friendly reminder that Sims was the 11th highest paid TE this year.. disgusting

Think it has more to do that he hasnt cleared protocol and has had 2 concussions in a 3 month span.

Then you factor in how bad he is. Mizzell is capable of contributing something to this offense, Simms is not. It was always a really bad decision to keep him on the roster instead of cutting him.

msadows

Liked Posts:
sendejo and morgan are listed as out...barr as of 2 hrs ago was still questionable...

where did you see that barr was out>

Last i heard barr practiced in full on friday, which usually means a player will play

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Yep, this is brilliant by Nagy, imo. Nagy said in his presser that Shaheen had been practicing for two weeks and it was possible he could see some time. This is a beautiful move as the Vikes will have no film on him in the recent Bears offense.

The Vikes weakness is across the middle on RPO type plays. Shaheen might be that secret weapon that the Vikes don't prepare for. Sure will be interesting to see as it will be on National TV for everyone to witness.
Wtf are you talking about? If the Vikes D is to be had, it will be by exposing their slot nickleback Mackensie Alexander. Dude is a total dumpster fire, so AntMillz is firmly in a "blow up" spot in this one.

The Vikings front 7 is a very solid veteran group, and the Bears have been extremely ineffective running the ball. Also, we literally haven't even seen Shaheen yet. How the hell you came up with the idea that the Bears can be effective with RPO's to Shaheen is beyond me. Against the fucking Vikings no less, the team that would probably be the most effective at shutting that down.

Can you speak out of your mouth instead of your asshole next time?

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Think it has more to do that he hasnt cleared protocol and has had 2 concussions in a 3 month span.

Then you factor in how bad he is. Mizzell is capable of contributing something to this offense, Simms is not. It was always a really bad decision to keep him on the roster instead of cutting him.
I get that, but it doesn't really answer my initial question..

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Sims was a bad signing in 2017

Keeping him in 2018 was idiotic, when that 6 million could have been rolled forward.

Getting him off the field upgrades the team, no matter who takes his spot.

JDTRIP

Liked Posts:
Hey all Vikes fan here. Just want to wish the bears luck sunday. I've been watching the vikes since they started. I have always been impressed with Trubisky. He has come along way and of the other teams in our division the bears and lions are the teams along with the vikes I respect. I absulutley hate the packers and with the bears on the rise I will put all my fan support behind them is they take the division. Your team is poised to dominate the central for years to come and the vikes may happen to be competetive as well but as iv'e seen for the past50+ years with them they seem to only dissapoint when the big game is on the line. So good luck to the bears not only this sunday evening but the future.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This thread provided a lot of entertainment. If he plays clearly they believe he is healthy enough to play. I wouldn't expect to see him running many routes if he isn't at fairly good health. I wouldn't be surprised if they give him more work blocking than anything else to limit the movement. Also, fucking hilarious to read people getting antsy at the possibility of Shaheen taking away pass catching opportunities, as if its their job on the line or some shit. Hilarious.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
It is tough to have Sims out so abruptly.
Bad news guys. Sculpt has been placed on the concussion protocol for the above statement and will miss the Sunday night game.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I'm assuming there's some monetary incentive in play for the Bears to do so.
Yes, to keep him from injuring another starter. Add the salary lost paying him and the players he injures is too steep.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hey all Vikes fan here. Just want to wish the bears luck sunday. I've been watching the vikes since they started. I have always been impressed with Trubisky. He has come along way and of the other teams in our division the bears and lions are the teams along with the vikes I respect. I absulutley hate the packers and with the bears on the rise I will put all my fan support behind them is they take the division. Your team is poised to dominate the central for years to come and the vikes may happen to be competetive as well but as iv'e seen for the past50+ years with them they seem to only dissapoint when the big game is on the line. So good luck to the bears not only this sunday evening but the future.

Don't get too down on your own team. Cousins should keep you guys competitive and your defense is coming around after a rough start to the season. I still think this game is nearly a coin flip. Lemme put it this way, Vikings are one of the few teams left on the schedule that I worry about.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
The Vikings have allowed three different TEs over 90 yards receiving. Last year in the NFC Championship Ertz and Burton combined for 105 yards although almost all of it was Ertz. Shaheen will play and contribute tomorrow night. Nagy has been waiting a long time to deploy Burton and Shaheen together. The week they went to Denver to practice, Shaheen and Burton were shredding the Broncos D in 11 on 11.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The Vikings have allowed three different TEs over 90 yards receiving. Last year in the NFC Championship Ertz and Burton combined for 105 yards although almost all of it was Ertz. Shaheen will play and contribute tomorrow night. Nagy has been waiting a long time to deploy Burton and Shaheen together. The week they went to Denver to practice, Shaheen and Burton were shredding the Broncos D in 11 on 11.

Dude, I have been waiting, literally, for years, to finally see a 2 tight end formation using both tight ends as pass catching weapons. Some day. Some day. Hell I expect at some point to see 3 TE formations.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Dude, I have been waiting, literally, for years, to finally see a 2 tight end formation using both tight ends as pass catching weapons. Some day. Some day. Hell I expect at some point to see 3 TE formations.

You might see a three TE look tomorrow. Sims has been so bad that it has tied Nagy’s hands a bit. With Shaheen and Burton you can use Bronk or Brown.

The Doctor

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
I get that, but it doesn't really answer my initial question..
This is just a guess but could it be that, because the Bears are on the hook for his salary this season anyway, this a way to pay him without having to play him? They can then forget about him and just play the people that are a part of the future.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is just a guess but could it be that, because the Bears are on the hook for his salary this season anyway, this a way to pay him without having to play him? They can then forget about him and just play the people that are a part of the future.

This.