Bryan Bickell Thread

Do you think the Blackhawks keep Bickell?

• Total voters

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Read in the paper today that he wants to stay...

What say you CCS?

You think the Blackhawks get a deal with Bickell done?

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Read a tweet earlier today that the two sides had been talking the past three days but nothing was imminent. If he wants to stay he is going to have to give up some money that he could get on the open market. The Hawks can't afford to match what other teams are likely to pay.

Franko725

Liked Posts:
I think that it gets done. The guy wants to be here, and the Hawks want him back. Forget exactly where I read it, but he said that sometimes you have to take less if you want to be happy, or something to that effect. I expect him to sign somewhere in the 2.5-3 million range. Huge raise for him, but reasonable for the Hawks as well.

Happy Human 1001

Liked Posts:
assuming Bickell re-signs, the lines would be something like-
1st line: Kane- Toews- Bickell
2nd line: Sharp- Handzus- Hossa
3rd and 4th lines: not sure who it will be next year, but they should have enough guys to make quality lines

w/o Bickell, everything gets re-shuffled, which is not the end of the world, but Bickell was very productive on the 1st line in the playoffs. I am all for keeping him, unless he wants ridiculous (e.g. Hossa-like) amounts of money.

Franko725

Liked Posts:
I doubt that Zus is back. He might be, but I would think that he is likely not re-signed. If he is re-signed, I still do not see him on the second line. He would more likely be the fourth line center, or an occasional player. Still not too sure what the lines will look like. I really think that you will see Saad on one of the top two lines, the kid is just too damn good. Also, I am not so sure that Hossa will be ready come the start of the next season if he truly does need surgery. Not that it would be a huge deal if he was to sit the first half of the season, as long as he is good to go for the playoffs.

With Q's line blender in action, you never know what you will get from night to night anyway.

Back on topic, I really hope that the Hawks can get something done with Bickell. He seemed to finally have something click this season. I do not know if it was just finally figuring it all out, or if it was a contract year deal. I really want to believe it was the former, because I really like the guy.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
I'm praying Bick has turned the corner & doesn't revert back to his old self.
The problem is you are gonna see the same regular season Bickell that you have always seen but the notch higher Bickell in the playoffs. If that's worth 3.5 million a year, then sign him.

He isn't gonna turn into John Leclair again until the playoffs roll around.

CHAMPS!!!

Lake Camelot

Liked Posts:
Voted no because of what I think he is looking for. If we can get him at a decent price that doesn't hurt too bad I would say yes though.

Franko725

Liked Posts:
I hope they get something done, but really do not want to see anything over the 3 million mark.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
51 mins until deadline for trading picks, has to be done 5 mins before draft, not during.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
I think that means for each individual pick. You get 5 minutes for each pick, so it must be done before the clock starts for the individual clock. There will be trades during the draft, plenty of them.

Right, my bad, site that linked to it had it phrased weird.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm praying Bick has turned the corner & doesn't revert back to his old self.

There's always that possibility. I would be a damn shame if that happened as he has been reminding me a lot of Al Secord....and he's been doing that for quite awhile.

Franko725

Liked Posts:
Kuc tweeted an hour ago that Bickell's agent also said that things look good for the Hawks and Bicks to get a deal done. The guy wants to be in Chicago. Can anyone really blame him if he does take less money to stay and play for a team that will have repeated chances at winning the Cup...