Bryan Bickell Thread

Do you think the Blackhawks keep Bickell?

• Total voters

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
My main concern is how well and consistent can he stay playing up in the top six.

Even before his injury supposedly arising in game 5 vs LA; Q would flip him with Saad back and forth.

He needs to be set as a mainstay on the top PP unit and keep focus on the boardz battlez and screenz.

Fucking A on Tapatalk

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
He has the tools but the consistency hasn't been there.

If he plays like he has in the playoffs (but really, who does over an extended period?) then it is a solid deal. I don't think it is. Hopefully he can show that consistency this upcoming year but as of right now, pretty iffy deal.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mark Lazerus ‏@MarkLazerus
#Blackhawks GM Stan Bowman said moves were made not just to keep Bickell, but to open spots for young guys. Mentioned Pirri several times.

Pirri & hopefully Morin, who i've been dying to see full time in the NHL.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Like I said in the draft thread, I'm really hoping they try to get bigger on the front end. Bickell, Bollig, and Mayers are our only real physical threats at forward. Maybe see if we can bring along Beach or Jimmy Hayes or perhaps look for some size in free agency.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bollig blows & Mayers is probably retiring, so you can cross both of them off.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Seems like a bargain for what has become our go to first line ever since the Detroit series pushed us to reconstruct things.
If Toews-Kane-Bickell are a great combo, than I don't see the problem with making sure they stick together and our superstars have some protection out there.

Bickell is still getting better too, but we saw his potential this year in the playoffs as he was a leader in hits and goals. Considering most of the team doesn't hit, he would be the biggest loss since Buff.

Now Hossa-Sharp can play together and make whoever is with them better for one hell of a second line.

Maybe we can keep Handzus after these trades.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Bollig blows & Mayers is probably retiring, so you can cross both of them off.

Yeah, Bollig is nothing but a checking forward, he really has no other decent skills. And I kind of figured Mayers was going soon, he will be 39 next season after all. That just makes the case for bringing in another big body or two all that more compelling. I'll have to scan FA lists one of these days and see who may be available.

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
He just needs to keep doing what he's been doing for the last 6 months. The Bowmans know what they're doing.....Pitt just paid Letang 7.5 mill, makes the Keith and Seabrook deals look pretty damn good. I've been likening Bickell to Al Secord. He wasn't an instant success when he got here but he really became a monster when he got lined up with Savard and Larmer. I see the same thing with Bickell hooking up with Toews & Kane. Let's hope I'm right.

I don't think that is entirely right - Secord scored 44 goals the year before Larmer even came up -plus Secord was a fighter as well.

I see Bickell as more of a guy like Tim Kerr (not saying he is going to be scoring 50 goals or anything - just a big guy that doesn't drop the gloves...). I think that you should probably now see Bickell as a regular on the left side with Kane and Toews -as he adds something that those other two don't have -and has the wheels to keep up with those guys.

Now as to what that means for the rest of the team -you got Sharp and Hossa on a second lone -and if they do get a 2nd line center; Handzus is ok -but I see him as more of a transitional guy who can fill in on a variety of lines (if they resign him). I think this is going to be an interesting season - mainly due to the restructuring of the conferences/divisions. . .

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
I don't think that is entirely right - Secord scored 44 goals the year before Larmer even came up -plus Secord was a fighter as well.

I see Bickell as more of a guy like Tim Kerr (not saying he is going to be scoring 50 goals or anything - just a big guy that doesn't drop the gloves...). I think that you should probably now see Bickell as a regular on the left side with Kane and Toews -as he adds something that those other two don't have -and has the wheels to keep up with those guys.

Now as to what that means for the rest of the team -you got Sharp and Hossa on a second lone -and if they do get a 2nd line center; Handzus is ok -but I see him as more of a transitional guy who can fill in on a variety of lines (if they resign him). I think this is going to be an interesting season - mainly due to the restructuring of the conferences/divisions. . .
Bickell needs to learn to park his ass in front of the net and not move for that type of comparison. I wont even go into how Kerr was such a dominant presence on the PP, something Bickell really needs to learn to justify that money.

If he can be Leclair lite, I would be happy.

CHAMPS!!!

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
[video=youtube;HRRVsyTWw_k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRRVsyTWw_k[/video]

Prime Probie was a legit scary human being. Nylund was getting good shots on him then once he tired out Probert started swinging.

Bob Probert in his early Wings days was as close to almost death as you will ever see in the NHL. Head and hands of granite with a mean streak.

CHAMPS!!!

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
For fuck's sake, man.

Read this again:

Because 35 games into a 4-year contract is definitely a good indicator of his entire hockey acumen.

Bickell is struggling. No one is denying this. But you do this each season: take the player that's having a bad year and then inundate the forum with posts touting that player as useless/waste of space/not a very good hockey player, etc.

You seem to have stopped from spreading your obnoxious "Opoopya" narrative now that he's spent about a year as part of the pairing that the Hawks use regularly against the opponent's top line each night. Perhaps a bit of patience with Bickell will see him turn things around. Probably not as much as Oduya has, but definitely better than he's playing now.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Big goal tonight against best the best team not named the Blackhawks in the west. Get real :rolleyes:

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Oh would it be nice to see Bickell take off on a little stretch of goals/assists/points right here