Bryce Young Thread

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
You're just trying to bait me into a ban.

There's no reason to get this protective over Justin Fields.
I don't have to bait you into shit.

I'd just ban you if I wanted to. You clearly troll constantly and anyone here for any length of time with functioning brain cells knows your game. Fire me.

It's more fun to watch the smackdowns that occur with you on a daily basis, which you seem to enjoy...for whatever reason.

But I'm not gonna kink shame.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
if we can’t get at a minimum 2 firsts for fields, then we absolutely need to draft qb at 1 overall. If the league doesnt see him as a potential young franchise qb in terms of his value, then why would we? And why would we pass on an opportunity to draft a franchise qb in that scenario.

I suspect we think fields is a possible franchise qb, and so therefor will other GMs. So likely, we can trade him for 2 number one picks and more and draft Stroud (who i think is way better than young). Or we can keep him and trade the number one pick for 2 number ones and more. Either way we are sitting pretty.
His numbers don't show that though and he hasn't elevated the talent around him and IMHO that's what a franchise qb does
That being said he has been put in a shit situation and in a new offense again
So im giving leeway because of that
The kid gets a few weapons and maybe he blows up we don't know yet

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
I don't have to bait you into shit.

I'd just ban you if I wanted to. You clearly troll constantly and anyone here for any length of time with functioning brain cells knows your game. Fire me.

It's more fun to watch the smackdowns that occur with you on a daily basis, which you seem to enjoy...for whatever reason.

But I'm not gonna kink shame.

You should totally just ban him if this comment gets 5 or more likes.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
if thats true then isnt that an indication he is not the right QB?
Well we have to be objective and realise the franchise hasn't helped him any either
2 seasons 2 offenses is a fucking travesty for a young qb add in a total firesale of the talent and I think we need to stay the course and see exactly what we have
There again though if the GM looks at everything and what he is planning and doesn't see Fields as his guy
Right now I don't see more than a 1st round pick maybe a 3rd added in
The NFL is a numbers buisness and potential only gets so much value

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
and everyone stop asking for banning ya commies

Gonna need Elon Musk ta buy CCS soon!

monkforasia

Liked Posts:
Evaluating the other qbs is a must. Completely understood where some people are coming from for trading fields. He's in year 3 of his contract. Something else to ponder is that he's been dinged up quite a bit this year. However I'm on board with trade down for a haul group. I would be focusing on firsts for next year. Trade back in the 15-20 range. Draft oline or wr as well in the second or third. Evaluate fields with better cast in 2023. If he's not it draft drake maybe and Marvin Harrison in 2024.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Well we have to be objective and realise the franchise hasn't helped him any either
2 seasons 2 offenses is a fucking travesty for a young qb add in a total firesale of the talent and I think we need to stay the course and see exactly what we have
There again though if the GM looks at everything and what he is planning and doesn't see Fields as his guy
Right now I don't see more than a 1st round pick maybe a 3rd added in
The NFL is a numbers buisness and potential only gets so much value
I'm not saying your wrong, just commenting on the fact that if Fields is not worth what both Young and Stroud will bring in, then isnt that an indication we should be drafting the better option?

Chicoman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Here's an example of what this warrior can do with marginal pass pro

I agree that his supporting cast needs to improve. I personally liked the growth that I saw from Fields. I want to see a pass first qb who can run and not a running qb that may pass. At times I saw a lot of hesitation and holding the ball from him but I am unsure if that was his receivers or if he didn’t trust what I was seeing.

Personally I am all for trading the pick but there is no doubt everyone is gonna get evaluated.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm not saying your wrong, just commenting on the fact that if Fields is not worth what both Young and Stroud will bring in, then isnt that an indication we should be drafting the better option?
Maybe if I was the gm I'd be giving it alot of thought and most definitely telling NY scout team they better be giving all the top players their utmost attention
And be evaluating every player on the roster as well Fields included
Personally im pretty happy with Poles so far i was amazed at how swiftly he said f this and managed to clean out the roster and set himself up very well in a rebuild so I have faith after seeing that we may be in for a helluva show over the next few years so far this guy seems to know what he is doing imo so im trusting in that

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Maybe if I was the gm I'd be giving it alot of thought and most definitely telling NY scout team they better be giving all the top players their utmost attention
And be evaluating every player on the roster as well Fields included
Personally im pretty happy with Poles so far i was amazed at how swiftly he said f this and managed to clean out the roster and set himself up very well in a rebuild so I have faith after seeing that we may be in for a helluva show over the next few years so far this guy seems to know what he is doing imo so im trusting in that
not sure what to think with Poles yet, tearing it down was the right call, but using our second round (basically a 1st round pic)for Claypool is a rough one. Will give it time and see how it goes

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If Poles drafts a quarterback 1st overall, then he should immediately be shown the door.

That 1st overall pick can be used to build around the talented quarterback that we already have.

There’s zero sense in taking a QB and setting him up for failure. That has never worked for this organization.
I think the point was that Fields could probably bring a close enough amount on trade to warrant it IF you feel strongly enough about the pick.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
not sure what to think with Poles yet, tearing it down was the right call, but using our second round (basically a 1st round pic)for Claypool is a rough one. Will give it time and see how it goes
It was good value honestly Claypool will be a staple on this offense over the next couple years imo

dennehy

Liked Posts:
No, it would piss off smart fans who understand that you use that pick to build around the quarterback instead of putting yet another rookie who has never seen an NFL field in a position to fail.

There is exactly a 0% chance they take a qb in the 1st. Round 5-7? Sure
If (and I don't think this will happen) they take Young, it would mean that they traded Fields for a haul and would use those picks to build around Young.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If (and I don't think this will happen) they take Young, it would mean that they traded Fields for a haul and would use those picks to build around Young.
He just set several NFL records. They're not trading him. Why start over? I mean, I guess if somebody offered three firsts? IDK. Two seems too little, three too much.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What pick was it when the trade was made? 41 with SOS? This hindsight about that pick is bullshit. Trade may be good or bad but that # 31 take is nonsense.