Bryce Young Thread

dennehy

Liked Posts:
He just set several NFL records. They're not trading him. Why start over? I mean, I guess if somebody offered three firsts? IDK. Two seems too little, three too much.
Did I say they should trade him?

Which records? not sure QB rushing yards over a two game span is really a record, and if it is it's not one anyone should care about.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I'm not saying your wrong, just commenting on the fact that if Fields is not worth what both Young and Stroud will bring in, then isnt that an indication we should be drafting the better option?
:deer:

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
What pick was it when the trade was made? 41 with SOS? This hindsight about that pick is bullshit. Trade may be good or bad but that # 31 take is nonsense.
I guess but we had traded away Quinn and Smith so we where in full on tank mode at that point so it should of been known that our 2nd round pic would be pretty high up the chart..

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I'm not saying your wrong, just commenting on the fact that if Fields is not worth what both Young and Stroud will bring in, then isnt that an indication we should be drafting the better option?

ok so this borders on a non sequitur. We can't say if "Fields is not worth what both Young and Stroud will bring in, then isnt that an indication we should be drafting the better option?"

There are to many variables involved.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
What if the Bears trade Fields and the QB they take at #1 ends up being the next Zach Wilson? I just don't see it.
That's the bad part of the huge gamble it would be.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
ok so this borders on a non sequitur. We can't say if "Fields is not worth what both Young and Stroud will bring in, then isnt that an indication we should be drafting the better option?"

if he is a generational QB he would get more then just a single 1st round pick, thats the point, if Teams are only willing to give up a single 1st then teams dont think much of him compared to giving up multiple picks for a completely unproven QB.

Its all hypothetical because nobody knows what teams would be willing to give up for fields, but it does beg the question if he isnt worth much then why are we sticking with him compared to drafting a higher valued player?

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
I think a lot of posters on this board outside of @msadows and @Wild_x_Card had Zach Wilson as a high probability for a bust.

I don't think that's the case for Young and Stroud.
Wut? Wilson was always a high risk high reward prospect. I never said otherwise. The mental was always going to be his biggest hurdle. But I'll take solace knowing I'm living rent free in your brane, literally. Saving screen shots of my posts several years old. I'm nestled in there quite nicely.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I agree that his supporting cast needs to improve. I personally liked the growth that I saw from Fields. I want to see a pass first qb who can run and not a running qb that may pass. At times I saw a lot of hesitation and holding the ball from him but I am unsure if that was his receivers or if he didn’t trust what I was seeing.

Personally I am all for trading the pick but there is no doubt everyone is gonna get evaluated.

At times I saw a lot of hesitation and holding the ball from him but I am unsure if that was his receivers or if he didn’t trust what I was seeing.
It's on record that some of JF's wr's don't run crisp routes. And the Getsy designed routes are slow developing.

I want to see a pass first qb who can run and not a running qb that may pass.

When JF gets time in a non collapsing pocket, he definitely looks to pass. To his credit JF is doing what it takes to win
based on the support he's getting.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

if he is a generational QB he would get more then just a single 1st round pick, thats the point, if Teams are only willing to give up a single 1st then teams dont think much of him compared to giving up multiple picks for a completely unproven QB.

Its all hypothetical
because nobody knows what teams would be willing to give up for fields, but it does beg the question if he isnt worth much then why are we sticking with him compared to drafting a higher valued player?

My answer......Its all hypothetical

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I guess but we had traded away Quinn and Smith so we where in full on tank mode at that point so it should of been known that our 2nd round pic would be pretty high up the chart..
Did we miss Smith or Quinn that much? Quinn had 1 sack and 8 tackles here before the trade and Sanborn played well filling for Smith.

Pretty high? High 30s to mid 40s? Sure but taking it further than that is 100% hindsight. It's like saying you knew the Lions would be playing for a playoff spot when they were 1-6.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Did we miss Smith or Quinn that much? Quinn had 1 sack and 8 tackles here before the trade and Sanborn played well filling for Smith.

Pretty high? High 30s to mid 40s? Sure but taking it further than that is 100% hindsight. It's like saying you knew the Lions would be playing for a playoff spot when they were 1-6.
Yes Sanborn played well no doubt about it but thats not the point, The point is you traded away some great/good defensive talent for a WR that was at that point only averaging 38 yards per game this year onto a team that started out bad and you just made much worse, you as the GM should know that 2nd round pick is probably going to be very high with what you have done. So is a high 2nd worth a guy who is only averaging 38 yards per game this year? Its not like Claypool is some 1200+ yard receiver that had a down year.. He is a 800 yard receiver that is currently having a bad year.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yes Sanborn played well no doubt about it but thats not the point, The point is you traded away some great/good defensive talent for a WR that was at that point only averaging 38 yards per game this year onto a team that started out bad and you just made much worse, you as the GM should know that 2nd round pick is probably going to be very high with what you have done. So is a high 2nd worth a guy who is only averaging 38 yards per game this year? Its not like Claypool is some 1200+ yard receiver that had a down year.. He is a 800 yard receiver that is currently having a bad year.
I guess not playing because of injury doesn't mean anything? I think it does.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
I guess not playing because of injury doesn't mean anything? I think it does.
he started all 8 games with Pit this year averaging 38 yards per game before we traded for him, the injury was after, I'm talking about his performance before we traded for him