Bryce Young Thread

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
I don't have to bait you into shit.

I'd just ban you if I wanted to. You clearly troll constantly and anyone here for any length of time with functioning brain cells knows your game. Fire me.

It's more fun to watch the smackdowns that occur with you on a daily basis, which you seem to enjoy...for whatever reason.

But I'm not gonna kink shame.

Are you the kid who was the referee at recess? Only somebody pathetically power hungry would do a job for free so that they can lord over people. Threatening bans like a douche. Like half the people on here troll all day. So you’re going to pick and choose which trolls you’re banning based on whether you personally like them?

You‘re a volunteer moderator on a low level sports forum. Get off your high horse. Nobody cares.

Are you going to ban me for this? I’m so scared.

Please. I’m so sorry for what I just said. I apologize. And I love your avatar and how you’re using it to plug some CBD gummies. You’re a businessman, I get it. Where can I find those awesome looking gummies at?

Last edited:

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Are you the kid who was the referee at recess? Only somebody pathetically power hungry would do a job for free so that they can lord over people. Threatening bans like a douche. Like half the people on here troll all day. So you’re going to pick and choose which trolls you’re banning based on whether you personally like them?

You‘re a volunteer moderator on a low level sports forum. Get off your high horse. Nobody cares.

Lol. You missed the entire point.

Have a nice evening.

Liked Posts:
I'd be too scared he'd go on to another team, dominate and we'd look like fools. But you gotta at least evaluate the top QBs & if you fall in love with one, trade Fields to Indy/Atlanta /Carolina for two firsts and pray haha.

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
I'd be too scared he'd go on to another team, dominate and we'd look like fools. But you gotta at least evaluate the top QBs & if you fall in love with one, trade Fields to Indy/Atlanta /Carolina for two firsts and pray haha.
The same could be said about trading Fields away. Teams would be desperate for QB's this year, but I don't think Young or Stroud become elite guys.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well luckily... It's safe to say that whatever choice the Bears decide to go with.... it will be the wrong one.

lol

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Why not evaluate Young? I doubt we take him but doing research isn’t an issue. It also gauges just how valuable our pick really is. If Young (Stroud or whomever) is really that good you essentially can get a kings ransom for them

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I see the usual idiots are posting heavily in this thread.
I thought maybe I would come in here and see some actual analysis as to why Bryce Young is a better NFL prospect than Fields. Nope - just the normal people blaming the entire season on the only Bears player that made it worth watching.

Poles and team will absolutely be scouting these QBs with the #1. We'll see what happens, but I speculate they will decide Young/Stroud don't bring anything different to the team then the Bears already have in Fields. Also, trading Fields really speeds up Poles GM clock. He could sit on Fields for two more years, build out the roster and after 4 seasons in the NFL there isn't improvement, Poles can go get his guy then.

TonyDogs

Liked Posts:
It would be wise to scout Young and Stroud hard, leak out info that the Bears have high interest... teams who want a quarterback will feel pressured to trade a fortune to grab the #1 pick. Obviously, they would have to communicate this with Fields, but I think it's a smart strategy.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Take Bryce and make fields a RB/WR untill his rookie contract is up. And bring back Jerry Angelo while we're at it to really fuck up this draft ?
You should punt this take into the sun it is so ridiculous.

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:
Let's discuss the presumptive #1 QB in the draft.

If you draft Bryce Young (or C.J. Stroud, for that matter) you are essentially giving up on Justin Fields and are going to have to trade him. Trading a player when other teams know you have to is unlikely to garner maximum value, so you had better do it prior to the draft.

Since this is a new regime, such a move, while bold, is not out of the realm of possibility. It comes down to how this GM and coaching staff feel about their current QB, and how willing they are to push the reset button with a rookie QB. Plenty of risk involved, especially if Fields ends up thriving elsewhere.

The safer route is to keep and develop what you have and trade the pick to a QB-needy franchise that is willing to part with a plethora of draft capital in exchange...It all comes down to the internal evaluations of Fields potential after two years in the NFL.

We'll know in about four months.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
I think teams are going to be hesitant to make a huge move for the 1st overall. The Bears may have to accept a modest offer to get out of the #1 pick.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I think teams are going to be hesitant to make a huge move for the 1st overall. The Bears may have to accept a modest offer to get out of the #1 pick.
Then stay put and draft Anderson or Carter. They don’t have to trade down if the return isn’t worth it

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Your say that like trading Fields wouldn't net us 2 firsts+.
If the Bears were to try to move fields, he would be viewed as damaged goods therefore reducing his value in a trade. This isn’t hard

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Please. I’m so sorry for what I just said. I apologize. And I love your avatar and how you’re using it to plug some CBD gummies. You’re a businessman, I get it. Where can I find those awesome looking gummies at?
You need pyschiatric help

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Poles and team will absolutely be scouting these QBs with the #1. We'll see what happens, but I speculate they will decide Young/Stroud don't bring anything different to the team then the Bears already have in Fields. Also, trading Fields really speeds up Poles GM clock. He could sit on Fields for two more years, build out the roster and after 4 seasons in the NFL there isn't improvement, Poles can go get his guy then.
Poles could trade deeper into the draft to the Raiders (7) or Jets(13) - assuming they're done with Carr and Wilson. They would be forced to trade a 2024 first. Then Poles has two firsts next year if Fields still isn't cutting it. You could even potentially package the two 1sts in 2024 to get the #1 or #2 pick to draft the top QB.

You could have Fields start in 2024 and bench the rookie to give him a year to develop.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Poles could trade deeper into the draft to the Raiders (7) or Jets(13) - assuming they're done with Carr and Wilson. They would be forced to trade a 2024 first. Then Poles has two firsts next year if Fields still isn't cutting it. You could even potentially package the two 1sts in 2024 to get the #1 or #2 pick to draft the top QB.

You could have Fields start in 2024 and bench the rookie to give him a year to develop.
Raiders are officially done with Carr. That has been confirmed. Jets are done with Wilson and are likely to go with a veteran like Carr or Jimmy. This is going to be a crazy offseason with all of the QB moves and QB rumor mills.

Carr
Jimmy G
Lamar Jackson
Brady
Aaron/Love
Murray
Tannehill

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
If the Bears are smart they will scout the shit out of both Young and Stroud. By that I mean, have a public and visible presences at the Combine and school work outs and request an interview, and essentially meet with both as many times as legally possible.

I want them to Scout the top QBs as if Fields is not on the team, doing anything other than that is simply admitting that you have no interest in taking a QB.

This does a couple of things:
1. It gives those teams that may want either QB a little extra motivation to trade up.
2. They may actually consider taking one of them after all the homework. This is risky to play the long game, but you can feasibly have 2 very desirable QB's on the team (both on rookie deals) and be able to not only negotiate among teams, but actually among the two QBs.

At the end of the Day, other team must believe that you are willing to take a QB in order to have any leverage....