Bryce Young Thread

I Just Want To Read

Liked Posts:
Lololol. If a team has a franchise QB, they don’t draft another one and then determine the other “franchise QB” isn’t the guy. This isn’t hard.
Sure they can. Your analysis is way too Bears centric. I doubt anyone really respects the Bears as decision makers anyway. They'll do their own research with Fields.

The bottom line is this:

Would you rather have Justin Fields leading your team in 2023/2024 or Malik Willis, Carson Wentz, Taylor Heinecke, Zach Wilson, Joe Flacco, Colt Mccoy?

That's all that matters.

I Just Want To Read

Liked Posts:
It would be a disservice to the organization if they did not scout the top quarterbacks.

The more I think about it, it makes more sense for poles to keep fields. If fields does fail he can say I never drafted him, he's not my qb. Give me my qb and I can make it work.
To which anyone with half a brain would respond, "You had the #1 overall pick, that was your chance to make it work".

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Sure they can. Your analysis is way too Bears centric. I doubt anyone really respects the Bears as decision makers anyway. They'll do their own research with Fields.

The bottom line is this:

Would you rather have Justin Fields leading your team in 2023/2024 or Malik Willis, Carson Wentz, Taylor Heinecke, Zach Wilson, Joe Flacco, Colt Mccoy?

That's all that matters.
Lolol. I can’t even justify a response to this nonsense. I’m pretty sure you haven’t even looked at the QB FA market as well.

monkforasia

Liked Posts:
To which anyone with half a brain would respond, "You had the #1 overall pick, that was your chance to make it work".
And to which anyone with a full brain. Would respond, "fields has shown enough to warrant them to build the team around him".

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Half of the FAs that Pace brought in were modest to mediocre additions. Half or more draft picks are mediocre to modestly + .. capable players.

We already have The Most Mobile QB in the history of the NFL. We need to give him the chance to succeed as a passer also. He has definitely shown us some moments. Dealing Fields away would put the rebuild at least a year and most likely two years behind......IF the management would even be able to get a QB as good as JF in two years and that's a big IF.

We need to trade out of pick 1 AND need to trade out of that first trade in order to secure as many 1st and 2nd round draft picks as possible. A Quantity of 1st and 2nd rounders will get us roughly Half as average to above average NFL starters.

We need to go Dline Oline WRs with the vast majority of our picks

Personally I feel that JF can take us to the Promised Land as long as we build up both lines and the WR corps. We need to grab 2-3 FA WRs and at least 2 drafted WRs (( remembering that roughly half will pan out as good acquisitions ))

Same thing applies to our Dline and to a slightly lesser extent our Oline

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I

if you think Fields has no trade value then you must think he's a shit QB. Period.
No you dipshit. If Poles signals that he is moving on from him, then his trade value is diminished. He’s basically saying “we don’t think he can be the guy.”
Every GM in the league will look at him as a project from that point forward. Poles will not draft a QB at #1 and then deal the loser of the competition later. It simply doesn’t work like that. Common sense.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
I'd also like to know why people believe "teams have learned". Seriously, where does that even come from? Your personal perception of a QB doesn't mean shit. Doesn't negate what NFL teams are willing to do.

Teams moved mountains (in draft capital) for RG3, Goff, Wentz, Lance etc.

If there's anything you should have learned as a fan is that NFL teams haven't learned shit. Desperate teams take drastic measures and that will not change anytime soon.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd also like to know why people believe "teams have learned". Seriously, where does that even come from? Your personal perception of a QB doesn't mean shit. Doesn't negate what NFL teams are willing to do.

Teams moved mountains (in draft capital) for RG3, Goff, Wentz, Lance etc.

If there's anything you should have learned as a fan is that NFL teams haven't learned shit. Desperate teams take drastic measures and that will not change anytime soon.
Which people are you referring to?

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
If you focus on reading other posters posts rather than just try to get a rise out of people maybe you will find those people. I’ve seen what he’s talking about in multiple threads this morning
I wasn't talking to you.

Thanks.

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
There's something to be said about getting younger in a total rebuild, even at the QB position.
I know that's why we have Justin Fields! ?

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Fields already heading into his 3rd year rookie deal . . . #brutal
And with that Fields should have better pieces around him next year with the larger cap space and the multi draft picks they're going to get in the off season.

I Just Want To Read

Liked Posts:
No you dipshit. If Poles signals that he is moving on from him, then his trade value is diminished. He’s basically saying “we don’t think he can be the guy.”
Every GM in the league will look at him as a project from that point forward. Poles will not draft a QB at #1 and then deal the loser of the competition later. It simply doesn’t work like that. Common sense.
That's not how asset valuation works. Teams don't give a shit what the Bears think. Why would they?

And your whole premise is idiotic. It's completely reasonable to think that Fields AND the #1 overall pick in the draft can both be the guy as Franchise QBs.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
His trade value has nothing to do with Poles moving on or not and everything to do with every other GM that needs a QB and how they are evaluating him.

If he doesn't fetch a good haul then other GMs don't think that highly of him