Buff for Smythe?

supraman

Liked Posts:
Alright here's the question for debate because why not. Does buff get any consideration for the Conn Smythe?

I think he at least gets considered for it because this year his playoff performance was sometimes dominate.

I don't think he wins it, I think it might even go to Niemi at this point or Toews but I do think he should at least get a nod of consideration.

Your thoughts?

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
It was tied between Niemi and Toews before this series no doubt... but both have had rather poor Finals.

I could see Buff/Kane getting some consideration.

E Runs

Liked Posts:
No way! He's lazy, doesn't care, a useless sack of shit, and don't forget easily, easily replaceable.

In other words, yes I do think he should be in consideraton but still believe it's Toews' or Niemi's to win.

However if there were any justice in this crazy world Brent Sopel would be lifting the Smythe...

klemmer

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="supraman"]Alright here's the question for debate because why not. Does buff get any consideration for the Conn Smythe?

I think he at least gets considered for it because this year his playoff performance was sometimes dominate.

I don't think he wins it, I think it might even go to Niemi at this point or Toews but I do think he should at least get a nod of consideration.

Your thoughts?[/quote]

I was a Buff cheerleader before this series, and he's still in the talk... All three who I thought would have a decent chance (Buff, Toews, Niemi) in that order have had rather ordinary Finals..

Right now, I'd have to say it will go to Niemi unless Buff gets yet another GWG Wed night.

phranchk

Liked Posts:
Right now my order would be

1. Toews

2. Buff

3. Niemi

I rate Buff ahead of Niemi because Niemi hasn't had the greatest series so far. He's been ok, but not great. Not like he was vs. San Jose.

Toews gets my vote over Buff because of consistency and what he does for this team off the ice as well. Buff has probably had more huge impact games, but they're in spurts. Took him till game 5 of this series to really show up in this series.

supraman

Liked Posts:
[quote name="klemmer"]

I was a Buff cheerleader before this series, and he's still in the talk... All three who I thought would have a decent chance (Buff, Toews, Niemi) in that order have had rather ordinary Finals..

Right now, I'd have to say it will go to Niemi unless Buff gets yet another GWG Wed night.[/quote]

The problem with Niemi is yes at times he has been stellar but other times he fell flat. There hasnt been a hawk that has really stood out this series. If I had to pick the best hawk this series I'd probably pick Bolland and I really don't have a good reason why. Alright changed my mind try Hossa, he's been the best hawk this series yet he has I think 1 goal?

bierboy

Liked Posts:
[quote name="phranchk"]Right now my order would be

1. Toews

2. Buff

3. Niemi

I rate Buff ahead of Niemi because Niemi hasn't had the greatest series so far. He's been ok, but not great. Not like he was vs. San Jose.

Toews gets my vote over Buff because of consistency and what he does for this team off the ice as well. Buff has probably had more huge impact games, but they're in spurts. Took him till game 5 of this series to really show up in this series.[/quote]

I'd still rate Niemi over Buff (with Toews the obvious #1 choice). Simple reason; it's MVP for the entire playoffs. Without Niemi playing great for the first three rounds, we're not in the finals.

I still think it's Toews.

Although buff had 5 GWG and leads all players in the playoffs. He definitely will get some consideration.

E Runs

Liked Posts:
[quote name="R K"]I still think it's Toews.

Although buff had 5 GWG and leads all players in the playoffs. He definitely will get some consideration.[/quote]

Not bad for a kid who grew up in a trailer and was drafted in the 8th round, eh?

Scott Oake has a great Inside Hockey piece on Byfuglien, far and away better than the 4+ years of local coverage on him combined. Check it out on cbc.ca under the Hockey Night In Canada videos.

phranchk

Liked Posts:
[quote name="E Runs"]

Not bad for a kid who grew up in a trailer and was drafted in the 8th round, eh?

Scott Oake has a great Inside Hockey piece on Byfuglien, far and away better than the 4+ years of local coverage on him combined. Check it out on cbc.ca under the Hockey Night In Canada videos.[/quote]

http://www.cbc.ca/video/#/Shows/Hockey_Night_in_Canada/ID=1507974654

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
Holy shit... he grew up in a trailer park?

How did his family afford hockey?

klemmer

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="bierboy"]

I'd still rate Niemi over Buff (with Toews the obvious #1 choice). Simple reason; it's MVP for the entire playoffs. Without Niemi playing great for the first three rounds, we're not in the finals.[/quote]

Bingo!

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="E Runs"]

Thanks man, I can't get on anything sports related here at work.

Watch it Stu.[/quote]

Doh... you mean it literally... I thought you meant I said something out of line, nwatching it now.

E Runs

Liked Posts:
[quote name="Stu Grimson"]

?[/quote]

The video, watch the video...

Ton

Liked Posts:
Watch the video... lol

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
READING COMPREHENSION NOT GOOD ON THE INTERNETS LEAVE ME ALONE!

:dance:

bierboy

Liked Posts:
[quote name="Stu Grimson"]READING COMPREHENSION NOT GOOD ON THE INTERNETS LEAVE ME ALONE!

:dance:[/quote]

Just on the Internets?????

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't think Niemi is going to win it, he hasn't had a good enough final. Toews is probably the lock if he can contribute with a couple of more points. Buf is making a case for himself as well with a really strong finish in these playoffs. What hockey pundits are saying is that Keith might also be a contender for the Smythe, which I sort of agree with, as he has quietly been getting points and improving his overall game as the post-season as gone along. Obviously the Hawks need to win the old bucket first for any of this to matter.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
I'd say -

Toews

Niemi

Keith

Kane

In that order...and depending if anyone has a monster game 6 ...could vault any of them. I think Hossa has been better than Byfuglien all playoffs - other than GWG - and the majority of Buff's were tap-ins (From Bolland/Kane vs SJ....and Toews last nite). Heck I'd vote for Bolland over Byfuglien.