Buff for Smythe?

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="roshinaya"]Huet - best benchwarmer in the playoffs[/quote]

What are you talking about?!?!?!?!?!!?!? He has been almost a complete no show this post season!!!! And for all that money he's getting?!?!??!

ginnie

Liked Posts:
Even if Chicago wins the Cup the Conn Smythe could go to..... to.... Pronger?

agenthehe

Liked Posts:
have seen the topic for a few days and continue to ignore it as a bad joke, I'll just steal the paragraph from puck daddy in his conn smythe watch article from today

"And as for Dustin Byfuglien(notes), one run-on sentence ends his candidacy: As a forward who spent most of the post-season with Toews and Kane, he has one less point than Keith, fifteen less shots, is minus three overall, and had one assist in the first four finals games, averaging just over 16 minutes of ice time. Stop it."

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="agenthehe"]have seen the topic for a few days and continue to ignore it as a bad joke, I'll just steal the paragraph from puck daddy in his conn smythe watch article from today

"And as for Dustin Byfuglien(notes), one run-on sentence ends his candidacy: As a forward who spent most of the post-season with Toews and Kane, he has one less point than Keith, fifteen less shots, is minus three overall, and had one assist in the first four finals games, averaging just over 16 minutes of ice time. Stop it."[/quote]

Someone forgot to count his GWGs, big hits and his hat trick. Not to mention he's not a natural defenceman like Keith and was forced to play that role the whole first series against Trapville.

agenthehe

Liked Posts:
[quote name="Stu Grimson"]

Someone forgot to count his GWGs, big hits and his hat trick. Not to mention he's not a natural defenceman like Keith and was forced to play that role the whole first series against Trapville.[/quote]

good let him win the smythe then we can get more back in trade, if you think buff is the MVP we're not watching the same playoffs...

Without Buff they still probably could/would have gotten past all teams they have... Without Toews, Hossa, Keith, Seabrook, Niemi they would not have...

Plain and simple when you look at it that way imo!

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
[quote name="bierboy"]This thread should be deleted. Not that I believe in bad mojo or anything....[/quote]

Yah yah get rid of this freaking thread please!!!

I have never been so superstitous in my life but this series is making me into a 1970's Stevie Wonder song.

My anxieties can not handle talks about Conn Smythe winners, cup parades down Madison ave, etc etc.

It's killing me.

supraman

Liked Posts:
Bah I laugh at superstition I shaved my beard and we still win hockey games. Thing was seriously annoying

Rdrhwke

Liked Posts:
[quote name="ginnie"]Even if Chicago wins the Cup the Conn Smythe could go to..... to.... Pronger?[/quote]

OFF WITH HIS HEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Such a thought is pure insanity.

[quote name="supraman"]Bah I laugh at superstition I shaved my beard and we still win hockey games. Thing was seriously annoying[/quote]

Yeah after 2 straight loses to Philly I shaved whatever was growing on my face and the Hawks played great. No more beard/pubes on my face for me...

EspoForever

Liked Posts:
[quote name="supraman"]Alright here's the question for debate because why not. Does buff get any consideration for the Conn Smythe?[/quote]

Buff would be a great choice, but Sharp Shooter has been great So many times. But so have Hossa, Ladd, Sopel, Versteeg, Bolland, Brouwer, Keith, Hjammer, Seabass, Campbell, Kane, Koper, Eager--we had a great record with Burish in the lineup even, where do you stop?? The way the Hawks have done this as a TEAM individual awards are kind of a shame in a way.

Toews has just been great at times, but dangit he's floated early and late in these playoffs, so I don't know--I hold him to an unfair standard because I expect more of him.

Niemi...one of my friends I met in Finland mentioned how fitting it would be if his first game was a "road shutout"--and how cool would be if his last one of the year was too?!?!? If he shuts the door to close this out, I would give it to him for his "focus on the next puck" no matter what.

If it takes an offensive outburst, I'd go with Sharpie. Or Hossa. Here I go on the list again...grin...

Rdrhwke

Liked Posts:
Neither one will get consideration but imo Hossa and Sharp both belong on the list with the obvious choices.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
To be honest I'd like to see someone other than the usual Toews/Kane get it. Sharpie, Bolland, Versteeg, Hossa, Byfuglien would be those I'd hope would get it.

But Toews should be a frontrunner IMHO. I just think that Bolland had a monster playoffs and if he stays healthy that 3.5/5 is going to look mighty sweet.

bierboy

Liked Posts:
I'm actually leaning towards Sharpie given his consistency and production in the playoffs.

E Runs

Liked Posts:
[quote name="agenthehe"]have seen the topic for a few days and continue to ignore it as a bad joke, I'll just steal the paragraph from puck daddy in his conn smythe watch article from today

"And as for Dustin Byfuglien(notes), one run-on sentence ends his candidacy: As a forward who spent most of the post-season with Toews and Kane, he has one less point than Keith, fifteen less shots, is minus three overall, and had one assist in the first four finals games, averaging just over 16 minutes of ice time. Stop it."[/quote]

I suppose Dumb Fuck Daddy missed Byfuglien playing defence in the post season and NOT playing with Daydream Nation for a majority of the games. Whatever....

Sharp (point per game) and Keith would also be great choices along with Toews, Buff, and Niemi. Like others have said, it really speaks to the depth of the team.

supraman

Liked Posts:
Hey Toews picked it up as expected. I just thought it was an interesting subject of debate. Buff seemed at the forefront so figured he would have gotten some consideration.

E Runs

Liked Posts:
I'd still like to see the voting, it had to be the closest in years. Keith played another monster game, Buff & Sharp scored huge goals, Niemi.....simply an amazing team.

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:
the plaque on the conn smythe should just say 'the chicago blackhawks team'. that there are a handful of worthy candidates for the playoff mvp is just a testament to the depth of this team and toews acknowledged this by not even lifting the trophy.