Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I would say AKME definitely gets another crack at it. lets not forget their plan WAS working until the death of Lonzo Ball
There is a part of me that will forever wonder if that 30 something game stretch was fool's gold or if Lonzo really was the key to this whole thing being a stretch of consecutive playoff appearances and success. The wheels really came off just like his knee health

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
There is a part of me that will forever wonder if that 30 something game stretch was fool's gold or if Lonzo really was the key to this whole thing being a stretch of consecutive playoff appearances and success. The wheels really came off just like his knee health

I’m inclined to say fools gold. They had a very weak schedule and I don’t recall them beating many, if any elite teams.

I believe their longest winning streak that year was actually after lonzo got hurt, but I could be mistaken on that.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I’m inclined to say fools gold. They had a very weak schedule and I don’t recall them beating many, if any elite teams.

I believe their longest winning streak that year was actually after lonzo got hurt, but I could be mistaken on that.
They couldn't beat anyone in the Top 3 in either conference.

Their longest winning streak was 9 games with Lonzo.

Oddly last year, they beat many elite teams, but couldn't win more than 3 in a row ever and lost a lot of bad games.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I would venture its somewhere in between. Like, anyone that doubts Lonzo's impact is just being stubborn. that said, its likely the bulls had he stayed healthy are still not a top 5 team in the league.

its pretty clear to me that Lonzo was a key piece still. just sucks his knee went R.I.P.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
They couldn't beat anyone in the Top 3 in either conference.

Their longest winning streak was 9 games with Lonzo.

Oddly last year, they beat many elite teams, but couldn't win more than 3 in a row ever and lost a lot of bad games.

They’re an odd bunch for sure.

They’re basically a sub .500 team and borderline play in team the past couple years. Don’t think it’s realistic to expect a Lonzo Ball to turn them into title contenders. 5-6 seed? Maybe. Don’t think that would warrant AKME getting another crack at a rebuild, but that’s just me.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I would venture its somewhere in between. Like, anyone that doubts Lonzo's impact is just being stubborn. that said, its likely the bulls had he stayed healthy are still not a top 5 team in the league.

its pretty clear to me that Lonzo was a key piece still. just sucks his knee went R.I.P.
Bulls are at best a 2nd round team with Lonzo.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Yeah I'm not even saying top 5 in the league, but just a team that is a lock for the playoffs and could feasibly be 2nd round exits year after year lol. Not even the best place to be in as a franchise but at least that point you're winning enough games to be entertaining.

And who knows how it might've affected offseason moves too, if they make the 2nd round 2 years in a row maybe you see a bigger move made to try to push the team into the top 3 of the East or something. All that went way out the window with Lonzo's knee and we'll never know

Enasic

Liked Posts:
I’d also add that his 1st rounders in Pat/Terry are underwhelming and secretly extending BD after a stunningly disastrous 2nd half that year was sheer stupidity.

I really can’t point to anything the regime has done (outside of maybe signing Caruso) that makes me go “Wow, great move.” Been a bunch of meh or worse decisions

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
I don't think they should get a second chance. Nothing they have done or said convinces me they know what they are doing.

I was in favor of the Vuc trade at the time, but Doug Thonus has convinced me how fundamentally flawed the trade was. Pat is a borderline NBA player and Terry is unplayable, do we really want them drafting the rebuild?

Enasic

Liked Posts:
I don't think they should get a second chance. Nothing they have done or said convinces me they know what they are doing.

I was in favor of the Vuc trade at the time, but Doug Thonus has convinced me how fundamentally flawed the trade was. Pat is a borderline NBA player and Terry is unplayable, do we really want them drafting the rebuild?

Do I? Hell no. I mean, I’m a fan of context and nuance as much as the next guy, but sometimes it really is as simple as: In 3 years they’ve been over .500 once and will likely be under .500 again in AKME’s fourth season, which would make it 3/4 seasons they’ve been a sub .500 team.

The regime went all in on a core of LaVine, vuc, and DeRozan (and lonzo) and it’s been a colossal failure. They have no young talent and have one of the most bleak long term outlooks in the entire league. They absolutely do not deserve another shot. Will they get one? Probably. This is the reinsdorfs we’re talking about.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Bulls are at best a 2nd round team with Lonzo.
We will never know, unfortunately. That’s the real sad part about it, injuries took away the chance to see. They were right there battling for a 1seed at the midway point of the regular season.

I do agree their drafts have been poor

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I’d also add that his 1st rounders in Pat/Terry are underwhelming and secretly extending BD after a stunningly disastrous 2nd half that year was sheer stupidity.

I really can’t point to anything the regime has done (outside of maybe signing Caruso) that makes me go “Wow, great move.” Been a bunch of meh or worse decisions
You were the one touting the DeRozan signing the hardest here. Kinda revisionist history there

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Is it just me, or does anyone else seem to have 0 interest in watching this team?
If i told the truth i haven't had much interest since that miserable Wade season.

I was pulled back into it for those 30 or so games Lonzo was healthy. Maybe heavily flawed but i admit they were entertaining.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Is it just me, or does anyone else seem to have 0 interest in watching this team?
I haven't quite reach 2019-2020 levels, but I'm getting there.

Reactions: BNB

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If I watch a Bulls game, it's usually just to watch the other team at this point. Only way to get Jerry to act is to affect his pocketbooks so gotta try to actively boycott the team lol

Reactions: BNB

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
that would make too much sense for this organization
Don't get me wrong, I'm moving LaVine by the deadline, but DeMar is the one that right now that I think is part that doesn't fit.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Don't get me wrong, I'm moving LaVine by the deadline, but DeMar is the one that right now that I think is part that doesn't fit.
if the right offer is there, sure. But, I'm not moving him just for the sake of moving him either