Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Double standard????

1.) Nate Robinson hasn't even played a game for the Bulls yet, let alone enough time to fit into the scheme.
2.) Nate Robinson made less than $1 million last season.
3.) Ben Gordon made $11.4 million last season. $12.4m THIS upcoming season.
4.) I'm not a fan of PER, but seeing how both players were in fairly similar situations and similar roles last season, playing for similar schemes, with teams that have similar guard-deep rotations, the discrepancy was huge. 13 for BG, 18 for NR. The PER argument in this case has some merit. His win shares are almost double too.
5.) Nate is about 1 year younger than Ben. Making his current signing, a far better one, than if we had gotten BG on his terms.

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
Double standard????

1.) Nate Robinson hasn't even played a game for the Bulls yet, let alone enough time to fit into the scheme.
2.) Nate Robinson made less than $1 million last season.
3.) Ben Gordon made $11.4 million last season. $12.4m THIS upcoming season.
4.) I'm not a fan of PER, but seeing how both players were in fairly similar situations and similar roles last season, playing for similar schemes, with teams that have similar guard-deep rotations, the discrepancy was huge. 13 for BG, 18 for NR. The PER argument in this case has some merit. His win shares are almost double too.
5.) Nate is about 1 year younger than Ben. Making his current signing, a far better one, than if we had gotten BG on his terms.

I feel ya.....
But Nate is making less money now a days because he hasn't produced in years......but then again neither had Ben....

But I agree with you about the cheap price we are getting Nate for, unlike B.G's high priced contract.....

Besides, if you check out the last page, I clearly state that I always like Nate Robinson....I just didn't understand the double standard when it comes to Ben, because BEN DID PRODUCE MOST OF The BULLS OFFENSE WHEN HE WAS HERE.....
Its because of that fact alone that's earned Ben his contract and pay he recieves today, even if he hasn't produced like that like his Bulls days.....
Had he stayed a Bull, I'm sure he wouldn't have fallen off.....that's all I'm saying.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
The only double standard is the sheer amount of over-hype BG gets with Bulls fans. He was indeed a good player, and contributed to this team. But damn, take away that green light, and he is a pure liability, thus why he didn't fit into a Detroit roster, that played a high-accountability game.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I like the signing :shrug: Gives us some guard depth, and some offense off the bench. Yeah, he jacks up too many shots, but he's exciting and a good locker-room guy...he's not gonna win us a championship, but we weren't gonna win a championship in the up-coming season, anyway.

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
On a positive note, Nate Robinson is definately an upgrade from JL3.....

At least Nate Robinson was an allstar caliber player at one point, maybe he can be again as a Bull.....for peanuts :smug:

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
The only double standard is the sheer amount of over-hype BG gets with Bulls fans. He was indeed a good player, and contributed to this team. But damn, take away that green light, and he is a pure liability, thus why he didn't fit into a Detroit roster, that played a high-accountability game.

Ben Gordon wasn't nearly as overhyped as Kirk Hinrich was and still is by Chicago fans.

If I can remember correctly, it was B.G that was underappreciated and it was proven when PaxGar gave him the cold shoulder and rewarded Deng, who at the time didn't deserve his contract......

Just how I see it bro........

LoL, I guess that's the main reason for my PaxGar hate.......Ben Gordon was my favorite Bull since the Jordan era other than Derrick Rose...it is what it is..

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Ben Gordon wasn't nearly as overhyped as Kirk Hinrich was and still is by Chicago fans.

You can't justify one wrong, because you can point out another wrong.
Anyways, Kirk was over-hyped, but I'll disagree with him being more over-hyped than Ben. He played 3 positions on both sides of the court, so when you have guys in these situations, they get some appreciation. Don't turn into a hater over shit that doesn't fit.

I liked Ben Gordon until he became upset about his 2nd stint as our 6th man. Then he started to be a crybaby. I don't hate the guy, but damn. Put it to rest. He's not a Bull, he doesn't want to be a Bull, and he'll likely never be a Bull again.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Anyways, Kirk was over-hyped, but I'll disagree with him being more over-hyped than Ben. He played 3 positions on both sides of the court, so when you have guys in these situations, they get some appreciation. Don't turn into a hater over shit that doesn't fit.

I liked Ben Gordon until he became upset about his 2nd stint as our 6th man. Then he started to be a crybaby. I don't hate the guy, but damn. Put it to rest. He's not a Bull, he doesn't want to be a Bull, and he'll likely never be a Bull again.

tumblr_m4bs2677ku1ql0mis.gif

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:

Yeah, but he deserves to be a Bull again more than Kirk. :shrug:

Glide2keva

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No, it isn't. BG had a contract on the table and rejected it and walked.

He doesn't deserve to be a Bulls. Kirk was let go to clear up cap space for the FA 2010 signings. Only Ben Gordon fans cared about losing Ben Gordon, even though he left on his own to chase money. Most Bulls fans understood why Kirk was let go, even though they didn't like it.

You guys obsessing over players like JR Smith, BG, T-Mac need to give up the ghost.

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
No, it isn't. BG had a contract on the table and rejected it and walked.

He doesn't deserve to be a Bulls. Kirk was let go to clear up cap space for the FA 2010 signings. Only Ben Gordon fans cared about losing Ben Gordon, even though he left on his own to chase money. Most Bulls fans understood why Kirk was let go, even though they didn't like it.

You guys obsessing over players like JR Smith, BG, T-Mac need to give up the ghost.

FALSE...............Ben Gordon DID NOT go chase money......what was he supposed to do? Not look for a new team?......AFTER ALL, PAXGAR HAD ABSOLUTELY NO INTENTiONS OF RESIGNING BEN THAT SUMMER AND HE FUCKING KNEW IT.....SO HE WENT TO THE PLACE THAT ACTUALLY OFFERED HIM HIS WORTH WHILE THE BULLS IGNORED HIM AND SIMPLY SAID,"GOODBYE"......IT WAS ANOTHER CLASSIC "STAND PAT"MOMENT FOR GARPAX......TALK ABOUT AN INSULT TO BEN..
I DON'T WANT TO HEAR ANY OF YOU SAY BEN WAS NOT WORTH RESIGNING....AFTER ALL IT WAS BEN AND MAINLY BEN THAT GOT THE BULLS BACK INTO "WINNING" AGAIN...PLUS WHO THE FUCK LEAD THE TEAM IN SCORING EVERY DAMN YEAR WITH 20 PLUS A NIGHT.....BEN THAT'S WHO......AND HE ACCOMPOLISHED THIS FROM THE BENCH MOST THE TIME.......HELL MUTHAFUCKING YEAH BEN STARTED TO COMPLAIN A LITTLE BIT ABOUT NOT STARTING....HE EARNED THAT DAM IT!!!!!! ....BOTTOM LINE IS BEN WAS FUCKED..
Ben rejected his first contract offer at the same time DENG REJECTED HIS!!!!!!!!
How come Deng got another chance?
Deng got his second offer after that season when he bluffed Pax in to falling for his demands.
I believe Deng wanted it on paper before he left to go to Europe or else...............
After Deng got his contract, he got hurt and missed dam near that whole season.
Meanwhile Ben did what he always did.....carried the Bulls through another season while helping newly aquired Rose learn the ropes.
Sad thing is, Ben and Rose were starting to gel very well together on the court.

Where was Deng? On the bench in a suit, collecting his new contract payments while Gordon played his heart out while having no idea where he was going to play the next year, because there were know offers on the table for him again......Just like I said, B.G received the cold shoulder treatment and it WAS unjustified...

(Oh yeah, thanks John Salmons for doing a hell of a job for us while BigBankDeng sat it out enjoying front row seats kind of like Pippen does now.)

And where was Kirk during these times?
He was sucking up the court regressing every season from there on.

And now he's back, even more crappier than before.....OF COURSE KIRK IS HERE FOR CHEAP...HE IS GETTING PAYED WHAT HE'S WORTH NOW.

Ben Gordon is on a much higher caliber level when it comes to his specialties than Kirk, which is why he gets payed more....
And why he deserved to be resigned by the Bulls a few years ago while BULLs MANAGEMENT "STOOD PAT" and played patty cakes.......and hop scotch.

SP FACT. :smug:

P.S, as much as I blame ownership-management, I also blame Ben Gordon's horrible agent. As a matter of fact if I recall, Ben Gordons agent and Paxson couldn't stand each other......

Last edited:

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
FALSE...............Ben Gordon DID NOT go chase money......what was he supposed to do? Not look for a new team?......AFTER ALL, PAXGAR HAD ABSOLUTELY NO INTENTiONS OF RESIGNING BEN THAT SUMMER AND HE FUCKING KNEW IT.....SO HE WENT TO THE PLACE THAT ACTUALLY OFFERED HIM HIS WORTH WHILE THE BULLS IGNORED HIM AND SIMPLY SAID,"GOODBYE"......IT WAS ANOTHER CLASSIC "STAND PAT"MOMENT FOR GARPAX......TALK ABOUT AN INSULT TO BEN..
I DON'T WANT TO HEAR ANY OF YOU SAY BEN WAS NOT WORTH RESIGNING....AFTER ALL IT WAS BEN AND MAINLY BEN THAT GOT THE BULLS BACK INTO "WINNING" AGAIN...PLUS WHO THE FUCK LEAD THE TEAM IN SCORING EVERY DAMN YEAR WITH 20 PLUS A NIGHT.....BEN THAT'S WHO......AND HE ACCOMPOLISHED THIS FROM THE BENCH MOST THE TIME.......HELL MUTHAFUCKING YEAH BEN STARTED TO COMPLAIN A LITTLE BIT ABOUT NOT STARTING....HE EARNED THAT DAM IT!!!!!! ....BOTTOM LINE IS BEN WAS FUCKED..
Ben rejected his first contract offer at the same time DENG REJECTED HIS!!!!!!!!
Deng got his second offer after that season when he bluffed Pax in to falling for his demands.
I believe Deng wanted it on paper before he left to go to Europe or else...............
Meanwhile Ben did what he always did.....carried the Bulls through another season while helping newly aquired Rose learn the ropes.
Sad thing is, Ben and Rose were starting to gel very well together on the court.

Where was Deng? On the bench in a suit, collecting his new contract payments while Gordon played his heart out while having no idea where he was going to play the next year, because there were know offers on the table for him again......Just like I said, B.G received the cold shoulder treatment and it WAS unjustified...

(Oh yeah, thanks John Salmons for doing a hell of a job for us while BigBankDeng sat it out enjoying front row seats kind of like Pippen does now.)

And now he's back, even more crappier than before.....OF COURSE KIRK IS HERE FOR CHEAP...HE IS GETTING PAYED WHAT HE'S WORTH NOW.

Ben Gordon is on a much higher caliber level when it comes to his specialties than Kirk, which is why he gets payed more....
And why he deserved to be resigned by the Bulls a few years ago while BULLs MANAGEMENT "STOOD PAT" and played patty cakes.......and hop scotch.

P.S, as much as I blame ownership-management, I also blame Ben Gordon's horrible agent. As a matter of fact if I recall, Ben Gordons agent and Paxson couldn't stand each other......

lmmfao at offering him his worth. he got paid waaayyyy too much money to be a short kyle korver.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah, but he deserves to be a Bull again more than Kirk. :shrug:

I'd agree with this only by virtue of ignoring contracts and just considering overall talent. BG > Kirk, but Kirk at 3M > BG for 12M.

That said, Kirk's gradual regression as a player is probably the reason for him getting 3M in the first place.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:

slow-clap-gif.gif

clapcw.gif

ZnqQ5.gif

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
yall can say what you want BG deserved that money and at the end of the day we ended up giving his money to carlos boozer lulz...BG deserves to be here more than boozer thats a fact

we're here 4 years later still searching for a replacement for him

Last edited:

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
Ok as much as I hate getting roped into another BG debate, there are some things that have been said that are just patently untrue regarding his situation. 1) He never cried to the media EVER. Did he answer questions when asked directly about his contract situation? Yes, but he never ONCE brought it up on his own accord. 2) After the 07-08 season, in which he led the team in Scoring, 3pt% & FTM & FTA AGAIN, JR & Gar Foreman flew to London to personally woo Deng with a large contract extension, after he had rejected an offer the previous season just as BG had. BG's agent was given 1 offer from the team & told you have til the start of training camp to sign it or there's no deal. Take it or leave it.

Is it that egregious that the leading scorer of the team the past 2 seasons would want to be duely compensated for it? Everyone can argue ad naseum as to whether he deserved to be a $10M player or not, but considering the market for scorers in the league at the time, BG's estimated value was not unfathomable. If you were in that situation, how would you react? I'm betting most of you would bitch & moan & pout & threaten to not show up. Did BG EVER do that? NO. BG was a professional to the very end & it disgusts me when I hear "fans" calling him "selfish" or "cancerous" or "money hungry". This is a guy who gave this team some unforgettable performances, incredible 4th qtr hot streaks, & helped put the Bulls back on the map again.

Call me a BG apologist if you want but there's no denying that he was never fully appreciated by the organization, the media, or the majority of fans in this city. Regardless though, I am happy with the team we have & would not have wanted BG @ $11M per, but that doesn't mean I completely disregard everything he's done for this organization. I'll step off the soapbox now.