CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Bulls -vs- Heat Game 1, Sunday 8:00 EST.

Discuss the game 1 in the series here.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Hopefully we come out with alot of fire and destroy the Heat. But I expect a close game.

AE23

from 68th
Donator
Liked Posts:
Throw the 3 regular season wins out the window, and take these guys dead serious. Boozy needs to play off DRose like he did in game 6. all the guys do.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The media's made us the underdogs and the world is making us seem like the last hope for basketball justice. Let's just go out and win. No slow starts...no Boozer playing like crap, this is A game time.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wow...play Sun, Wed, and then Sun...thats ALOT of time off in between games....

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Am I the only person who sees this matchup similar to the Bears/Packers matchup this year?

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Am I the only person who sees this matchup similar to the Bears/Packers matchup this year?

Are the Heat the Bears? Cause I sure as hell hope so.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Are the Heat the Bears? Cause I sure as hell hope so.

Unfortuantely not, Heat are like the Packers who were favored all season, but then there are the Bulls who are like the Bears with a great regular season.

Hopefully the Bulls beat the Heat, turn on the air conditioning turn on your fans.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I see it as LeBron can't get past Thibodeau.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
Unfortuantely not, Heat are like the Packers who were favored all season, but then there are the Bulls who are like the Bears with a great regular season.

Hopefully the Bulls beat the Heat, turn on the air conditioning turn on your fans.

Bulls aren't like the Bears of last season. Not even remotely. #1 in wins,#1 in defensive rating, #2 in point differential, #1 in opp. FG%, #1 in opp. 3pt %, #2 in rebounds per, #1 in offensive rebounds per, with the MVP, & the COY. We're the best team because WE ARE THE BEST TEAM.

Let Vegas, ESPN, SI, or whoever take the sexy pick. We have the better team, we've proven it 3 times, & we'll prove it 4 times, this time around.

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Game one will be important. A win isn't a necessity but showing we can be tough and keep it close will be huge.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

I just find it a little bit different I guess. The Bears weren't the best team in the NFC, They did not have the MVP, minus Cutler missing a game (And missing the right game) they did not have any major injuries. The Bears are not coached that well.

The Bulls meanwhile are the best team in the entire league, have the MVP, had key players miss significant time and were able to over come that. They also are coached extremely well.

I see where you're trying to come from in this, but I just think its too different to compare.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
And I definitely do see the parallels between the Packers vs. Bears and the Heat vs. Bulls

-Bulls' arch-rival is the Heat; Bears' are the Packers
-Bulls had better record in the Eastern Conference; Bears better record in NFC
-Bulls-Heat is the last Round before the Finals; Bears-Packers was last round before the SB
-Bulls' D and Rebounding is great and the offense is sub-par; Bears' D and Special Teams are great but the offense was sub-par.
-Heat have a more dominant offense than the Bulls; Packers have a more dominant offense than the Bears.
-It would be heart-breaking to lose to the Heat (despite overcoming expectations); It was heart-breaking to lose to the Packers (despite overcoming expectations).

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
And I definitely do see the parallels between the Packers vs. Bears and the Heat vs. Bulls

-Bulls' arch-rival is the Heat; Bears' are the Packers
-Bulls had better record in the Eastern Conference; Bears better record in NFC
-Bulls-Heat is the last Round before the Finals; Bears-Packers was last round before the SB
-Bulls' D and Rebounding is great and the offense is sub-par; Bears' D and Special Teams are great but the offense was sub-par.
-Heat have a more dominant offense than the Bulls; Packers have a more dominant offense than the Bears.
-It would be heart-breaking to lose to the Heat (despite overcoming expectations); It was heart-breaking to lose to the Packers (despite overcoming expectations).

- You forgot to mention that in the playoffs, the Bears played the Seahawks (rofl), while the Packers played the Eagles and Falcons, before their championship game, which is similar to the Bulls cake-walk to this series while the Heat had to go through Boston.

But overall, I guess you are saying the Heat will beat the Bulls, as the Packers beat the Bears.

I think the comparison is silly, not only because they are two completely different sports (7 games series vs 1 game playoff) but because the Packers were a 6 seed and the Heat are a 2 seed.

And some extras, since we are comparing the two sports/teams:

- Is the Heat the Bulls "arch rivals?" I am seriously asking because if they are, then that is pathetic. The Bears/Packers rivalry is EPIC. A Bulls/Heat rivalry, up-to-this-point, seems like a Bears/Browns game in comparison. And yes, I know the last 10 years of playoff history, it is still nothing.
- IMO - Packers defense is just as good, if not better then the Bears. Younger and faster, although with a different scheme. Nitpicky but just IMO.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
- You forgot to mention that in the playoffs, the Bears played the Seahawks (rofl), while the Packers played the Eagles and Falcons, before their championship game, which is similar to the Bulls cake-walk to this series while the Heat had to go through Boston.

But overall, I guess you are saying the Heat will beat the Bulls, as the Packers beat the Bears.

I think the comparison is silly, not only because they are two completely different sports (7 games series vs 1 game playoff) but because the Packers were a 6 seed and the Heat are a 2 seed.

And some extras, since we are comparing the two sports/teams:

- Is the Heat the Bulls "arch rivals?" I am seriously asking because if they are, then that is pathetic. The Bears/Packers rivalry is EPIC. A Bulls/Heat rivalry, up-to-this-point, seems like a Bears/Browns game in comparison. And yes, I know the last 10 years of playoff history, it is still nothing.
- IMO - Packers defense is just as good, if not better then the Bears. Younger and faster, although with a different scheme. Nitpicky but just IMO.

When you are tying together two different sports, the comparisons are always going to be very limited and somewhat silly. But those are definitely a few that have a similar feel to it.

The Heat are definitely the Bulls' rivals. It goes all the way back to 1997 when the Mourning/Hardaway Heat gave the Bulls a very physical. hard-fought series in the ECF. The Bulls won in 5 but it didn't end there. It was 2006 when the Heat knocked off the Bulls 4-2 and went on to win the title. Then the Bulls swept Miami 4-0 the following season.

The Bulls and Heat have had some epic regular season meetings. There were a couple of games where the Bulls completely destroyed the Heat on nationally televised games. There was one last year where the Heat destroyed the Bulls on TNT. And there was that 2 or 3OT game where Wade got the steal and game-winning three as time expired.

Oh yeah... and then there was the "Summer of 2010" and "The Decision" where it turned into the Bulls-vs-Heat nuclear arms-race so to speak. Pat Riley and Gar Forman shared Exec. of the Year and I'm pretty sure that Paxson got some votes as well.

It was a very heated rivalry for sure. But obviously the Bears and Packers one is more historic and, in my opinion, that NFC title game was the singular most epic game of my life.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
And I predicted the Bulls to beat the Heat, 4-3. But it's a series that can obviously go either way.

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
And I predicted the Bulls to beat the Heat, 4-3. But it's a series that can obviously go either way.

I hope you are right and obviously the comparisons of two different sports are going to be different.

My question about the Bulls main rivals was purely a question. Thanks for some knowledge.

Glide2keva

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We just need to hold serve. We don't have to win in Miami, but they have to win in Chicago.

So if the Bulls can win at home, which is something they are good at, I see us winning this series. We definitely have a more of a shot than we are getting credit for.