Bulls -vs- Heat Game 1, Sunday 8:00 EST

Lex L.

Liked Posts:
BTW, Im not sure who will guard Boozer but if its Anthony, Boozer should have a big series. If they put Bosh on Boozer, Chicago has a size mismatch with Anthony on Noah.

This is a series where we really need Noah and Boozer to be big. Noah needs to be able to play Bosh aggressively, so it becomes even more important to shut off the lanes to the basket to preven Noah from getting fouls on Wade and James. I think Anthony will be fouling Rose at the basket a lot and Bosh will play soft so that he can stay on the court. But there will be times when its Bosh and Rose and Bosh will foul Rose. Anthony will be more assertive in that regard though.

As was happening with the last game against Atlanta, we really need to get Deng cutting to the basket early and also feed it to Boozer. We need to get Miami worried about Boozer and Deng so that gives Rose some space later. Plus Deng and Boozer in the lane could be easy baskets since Anthony isnt tall and isnt athletic. He's a 6'9" box-out rebounder. I think it shoudl be there with Miami being so mindful of stopping Rose from the beginning. I think if we get Deng and Boozer going in the paint, that could also lead to some frustration with Miami.

I just think Joel Anthony could be the Schwerpunkt of the series. He's not great and he plays close to the basket. Against a lot of teams, this is something guys can help covering up, but hopefully, with Rose, Miami wont have that luxury and Anthony will be exposed either by Boozer having position near the basket or by Deng/Brewer/Rose going at him near the basket.

Another interesting dynamic that I wonder about is Wade's defense. It's almost wasted against Bogans. Letting Wade guard Bogans saves him for offense, but on the flip side, it wastes one of Miami's better defenders on a guy who poses a minimal threat. So all of this, "Miami can also play defense" could be somewhat diminished. Its not like we have Ray Allen at SG (ie a guy we depend on for offense). Meanwhile, because SG is a defensive position for us, we could possibly make Wade work harder than he normally would. Bogans is capable of playing solid defense and Brewer might be our best defender. Im not gonna lie though, Im a little worried about the whistle. Wade gets way more calls than he should.

So yeah, I think Anthony and how Wade is used are some of the more interesting things to watch.

Last edited:

BigP50

04-21-2012
Liked Posts:
little under 4 hours, so nervous!! Cant wait for the game to start.

AE23

from 68th
Donator
Liked Posts:
little under 4 hours, so nervous!! Cant wait for the game to start.

i dont even believe were in the Conference Finals, I remember whe i was younger, and we werent winning much, i thought to myself, "for us to get back to the conference finals/nba finals, were gonna need another Jordan-esk type of player",(not sayin DRose has shit on MJ) but now we got one, and not a bad supporting cast, dont think i can say that much for the Wades, on the supporting cast part, cant wait for tonight.

BigP50

04-21-2012
Liked Posts:
the last time the Bulls won the Finals or made it this far I was 5 years old. The only thing I remeber from the dynasty era was the shot MJ made against the Jazz. So this is all unreal to me.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Man some of you guys are young...

I missed the first three peat though (I was 3-5 years old during that stage)...the second three peat I remember well, but not really realizing how special it was to have at the time. I was born into winning and just always assumed it would keep coming and coming. So I'm glad we are back here now.

Lex L.

Liked Posts:
I guess Im the old geezer. I actually became a Bulls fan in 1984 because of Jordan.

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
I was just getting into basketball for the 2nd 3-peat. Watched most of those games with my pops.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Boston series. Missed the first 3 3 peats, and wasn't old enough to remember the 2nd 3.

AE23

from 68th
Donator
Liked Posts:
^ i think i got into the Bulls/ Jordan cuz of Space Jam, i was small kid aswell for the 1st three peat(3-5) 2nd three-peat, awww yeahhh.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Interesting note, Bulls were 3-0 vs. Heat in the regular season

A team that swept another team in the regular season has never lost to that same team in a 7 game playoff series

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

A team that swept another team in the regular season has never lost to that same team in a 7 game playoff series

Beat me to it.

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Let's get this game under way!! I'm hyped!

TopekaRoy

The Wizard of OZ
Donator
Liked Posts:
How many championships will the Heat win?

Lebron James: "Not one..."

:)

NealKleren

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wish this game was on already!!!

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm so pumped already...and we still have an hour until pregame. *Sigh*

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

Soooo like I've been saying, the regular season does matter.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvNDQkcqkfU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvNDQkcqkfU[/ame]
Notice what bus they run over :smug:

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Gaaaaah start the game already! I'm ready to see us beat the Heat. :bullbang:

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
So crucial to get Deng going early because he'll be gased defending LeChode.