Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
10 months ago tomorrow, James made his decision. Hopefully the Bulls show him that he picked wrong.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
I would like to pick the Bulls to win...but just can't. Hopefully they step up...

BigP50

04-21-2012
Liked Posts:
My hope is that we win the first 2 games. If we can do that I think we take the series and I would be so less nervous! Lol.

Lex L.

Liked Posts:
My hope is that we win the first 2 games. If we can do that I think we take the series and I would be so less nervous! Lol.

Thats how I feel. I was thinking that it would be ideal to win the first one in a close game and then the second one with a more comfortable margin. I think if that happens, you could have turmoil and frustration.

If Chicago can go up 2-0, Id feel more about getting one in Miami and then one of among the last three games.

...but having said all that, the first games havent been kind to us. We at least need a split in the first 2.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Thats how I feel. I was thinking that it would be ideal to win the first one in a close game and then the second one with a more comfortable margin. I think if that happens, you could have turmoil and frustration.

If Chicago can go up 2-0, Id feel more about getting one in Miami and then one of among the last three games.

...but having said all that, the first games havent been kind to us. We at least need a split in the first 2.

That's what we did in 2007 against Miami when we swept them. Granted both teams are way different now. I think the only ones who are still around from both teams are Wade, Haslem, and Deng.

sach1

Liked Posts:
IA. one thing for the heat is that they thrive on their emotions. If the Bulls can frustrate them as early as possible then we will have a good chance against them.

Lex L.

Liked Posts:
IA. one thing for the heat is that they thrive on their emotions. If the Bulls can frustrate them as early as possible then we will have a good chance against them.

I just think that if you have so few scoring so many of their points, if you can frustrate one or two of them, it ratchet up the frustration and make them feel the urge to try to do more when they should do the opposite. And even if they defer, you cant automatically assume the role players will hit open shots or whatever. One hedge in this is that if one defers, they know theyll be criticized for being weak or soft. So, in the end, this could really work in our favor. The media is talking about Rose missing a lot of shots. That swings both ways.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
I'm just shocked by all the "well they probably won't win it" talk going on with Bulls fans right now. Have some damn faith in your team, your MVP & your COY. We are the best team in the NBA. Only 4 times before have the MVP & COY been on the same team. All 4 teams won it all. Stop listening to ESPN. We have a much better chance of winning the whole thing than anyone will give us credit for.

Just keep repeating this over & over until you actually start believing it: We will win this series!

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
I had some spare time on my hands today, so I went thru all the games this season & came up with an interesting stat. When breaking the season down into 7 game stretches, we have not lost more than 3 games out of 7. Now, granted, this is regular season & it's against different opponents, but this stat has given me a great amount of faith in our team. We're the only team this year that didn't lose more than 2 games in a row. We don't go on losing streaks & when we do lose, we bounce right back, usually better than we were before.

TopekaRoy

The Wizard of OZ
Donator
Liked Posts:

I just think that if you have so few scoring so many of their points, if you can frustrate one or two of them, it ratchet up the frustration and make them feel the urge to try to do more when they should do the opposite.

This is my thinking exactly! If the Bulls can win both of the first 2 games at home (where they are 40-6 this year), I think they can win one in Miami and possibly win the series in 5 games. If the Heat split the first 2 they (Miami) could win both of the next 2 and the Bulls will lose the series in 5 or 6 games. I don't see a 7 games series regardless of who wins.

If the Bulls play stifling, tenacious defense and really frustrate Wade or James in the first 2 games, I think that will put too much pressure on the Heat. They'll force bad shots, play tight, and become overly aggressive on defense leading to mistakes. I think Miami is more susceptible to being affected by emotion than the Bulls are and are under more pressure to win. If they lose then the Big 3 decision will be seen as a failure.

The Heat want to win this series just as much as the Bulls and despite losing 3-0 in the regular season, they are highly confident right now, so the "It'll come down to who wants it more" argument goes out the window. The Bulls have shown, both against the Heat and throughout the season, that they are better than Miami at closing out close games, so their defense has to at least keep it close.

The Bulls need to get on them early and hard. Plant that seed of doubt, frustrate them and the 3 towers will fall.

Last edited:

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I'm just shocked by all the "well they probably won't win it" talk going on with Bulls fans right now. Have some damn faith in your team, your MVP & your COY. We are the best team in the NBA. Only 4 times before have the MVP & COY been on the same team. All 4 teams won it all Stop listening to ESPN. We have a much better chance of winning the whole thing than anyone will give us credit for.

Just keep repeating this over & over until you actually start believing it: We will win this series!

Lebron James and Mike Brown won both awards 2 years ago.

Last I checked, Lebron hasn't won a title yet and Mike Brown is still filing claims at the Ohio unemployment office.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Lebron James and Mike Brown won both awards 2 years ago.

Last I checked, Lebron hasn't won a title yet and Mike Brown is still filing claims at the Ohio unemployment office.

I actually did the research in Rose's MVP thread:

MVP and Coach of the Year same team, same year post season results
Code:
	MVP[COLOR="White"]-------------[/COLOR]Coach[COLOR="White"]----------[/COLOR]Team[COLOR="White"]-----[/COLOR]Results
2008-09	LeBron James	Mike Brown	Cle	L in Conference Finals
2004-05	Steve Nash	Mike D'Antoni	Pho	L in Conference Finals
2002-03	Tim Duncan	Gregg Popovich	Sa	W NBA Finals
2000-01	Allen Iverson	Larry Brown	Phi	L in NBA Finals
1995-96	Michael Jordan	Phil Jackson	Chi	W NBA Finals
1989-90	Magic Johnson	Pat Riley	Lal	L in Second Round
1972-73	Dave Cowens	Tom Heinsohn	Bos	W NBA Finals
1969-70	Willis Reed	Red Holzman	Nyk	W NBA Finals
1964-65	Bill Russell	Red Auerbach	Bos	W NBA Finals

http://www.chicitysports.com/forum/252877-post2.html

bleacherbum54

GoCubsGo
Liked Posts:
Heat in 7 is my prediction will be very tight thoughout.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
Thread stickied

Hope the Bulls come out fast and get game 1

sach1

Liked Posts:
This is my thinking exactly! If the Bulls can win both of the first 2 games at home (where they are 40-6 this year), I think they can win one in Miami and possibly win the series in 5 games. If the Heat split the first 2 they (Miami) could win both of the next 2 and the Bulls will lose the series in 5 or 6 games. I don't see a 7 games series regardless of who wins.

If the Bulls play stifling, tenacious defense and really frustrate Wade or James in the first 2 games, I think that will put too much pressure on the Heat. They'll force bad shots, play tight, and become overly aggressive on defense leading to mistakes. I think Miami is more susceptible to being affected by emotion than the Bulls are and are under more pressure to win. If they lose then the Big 3 decision will be seen as a failure.

The Heat want to win this series just as much as the Bulls and despite losing 3-0 in the regular season, they are highly confident right now, so the "It'll come down to who wants it more" argument goes out the window. The Bulls have shown, both against the Heat and throughout the season, that they are better than Miami at closing out close games, so their defense has to at least keep it close.

The Bulls need to get on them early and hard. Plant that seed of doubt, frustrate them and the 3 towers will fall.
This. The heat is a team that struggles in bouncing back when things aren't going their way. For me this is going to be the toughest series for both teams. I'm hoping that the pressure is more on the heat to win it all with that being said if the Bulls can add more pressure and frustrate LBJ and Dwade then we are in good shape. I still feel that we are a better TEAM specially handling the pressure because we built the right habits and attitude from the start of the season.

x1000 with your last sentence. They are very susceptible emotionally. If the Bulls can exploit this then we have a chance.

Last edited:

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Anyone else feeling very impatient?

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtigXUAir04]YouTube - Miami Heat vs Chicago Bulls 2011 NBA Eastern Conference Finals Promo HD[/ame]