Bulls vs Kings

MikeMeraz

Liked Posts:
I only seen the last minute of this game and after we lost, I was like: "Meh, Kings are coming up, not that much of a surprise"- Then I found out we were up by 35 at one point!!!
WOW!! Embarrassing. Hopefully this is another learning experience for Rose.

Riker

Liked Posts:
Kirk Hinrich is a backup point guard player, period. He's not "built" to carry any team and pull all strings, and he's so-so at the 2 spot.

Bulls don't aim for the NBA Finals, but hot damn they made playoffs last year AND were part of one of the best if not THE best playoff series of the decade.

They had very strong post All Star run. I don't see it happening this year. Why?

They signed off their constant 20 points per game.

It's pretty damn obvious that

a) Bulls can barely creep to 100 points

b) No matter how good they play first 3 quarters, they'll ALWAYS snap in the last one.

When I made that thread last year about Bulls getting to lottery status this season, I got laughed at.

Well...it wasn't funny to me then and it isn't funny now. I hope they draft some solid prospect...

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
all i will say in hinrich's defense is that it's not entirely his fault we lost. that goes on everyone. however, he didn't really help by letting evans get to the rim on that one play. though on the next play or something evans had to make a miracle shot at the buzzer. what can i say? this was absolutely horrible. if i was vdn, i would kill the team in practice, every single player. of course that would ruin the hopes for fresh legs tomorrow. i'm just going to mark tomorrow as a loss now so i won't get a major disappointment like this.

MikeMeraz

Liked Posts:
I can't wait to see the replay of this game at 2am, since I missed it. I don't know how we lost that lead. Whoever was the point guard on the floor, is the most responsible, Idk if it was Rose or Hinrich but you have the ball, you gotta figure out the defense at times and look for the right mismatches, the right plays to run, you have the ball 70 percent of the time. I mean a 35point lead in the 3rd!?

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Hmmmm. Last year when that "any one player" was on the team, the Bulls were respectable. After the Salmons Miller trade. Down the stretch last season the Bulls were playing some damn good basketball. That "any one player" is now gone, and the team can barely score 100 points and can't hold of the Kings at home.

You can say all you want that Gordon wasn't going to win us a title. That's not really the point. The point is he could have been a valuable piece. But Just chalk up another bad move under the Reinsdorf administration.

What happened last year has turned out to be a bad thing...it raised expectations where there shouldn't have been any on that level. The move of hiring VDN is much, much larger a problem than letting ANY player go from this squad...including St. Ben of UCONN. I don't think his holiness could hide the fact that the coaching on this team is atrocious. Sorry but as much as you may want to make it about somebody else....this is not about BG...this is about a team who has lost confidence in the coaching staff...and now themselves. That is the big problem.

I see Orlando and Cleveland with much better personnel but have problems with their coaching...they won't win that way...win the players don't believe in the coach...it will eventually fail...period.

JimmyBulls

Liked Posts:
Benny G supporters have to stop acting as if the Bulls never blew big leads, or experienced a bad loss with Gordon on the team. The Bulls was a bad team with Gordon, and they're a bad team now without him. Constantly bringing up BG seems more than a little bit pointless, bad team then, and bad team now.

The funny thing has to be that with all the troubles the Bulls have had this season, they are just a game away from the 7th spot in the East. Which is the same spot the Bulls was with BG on the team last season. Thanks to the Eastern Conference, three bad teams will end up making to playoffs. I still believe the Bulls will be one of those bad teams.

MikeMeraz

Liked Posts:
houheffna wrote:
Hmmmm. Last year when that "any one player" was on the team, the Bulls were respectable. After the Salmons Miller trade. Down the stretch last season the Bulls were playing some damn good basketball. That "any one player" is now gone, and the team can barely score 100 points and can't hold of the Kings at home.

You can say all you want that Gordon wasn't going to win us a title. That's not really the point. The point is he could have been a valuable piece. But Just chalk up another bad move under the Reinsdorf administration.

What happened last year has turned out to be a bad thing...it raised expectations where there shouldn't have been any on that level. The move of hiring VDN is much, much larger a problem than letting ANY player go from this squad...including St. Ben of UCONN. I don't think his holiness could hide the fact that the coaching on this team is atrocious. Sorry but as much as you may want to make it about somebody else....this is not about BG...this is about a team who has lost confidence in the coaching staff...and now themselves. That is the big problem.

I see Orlando and Cleveland with much better personnel but have problems with their coaching...they won't win that way...win the players don't believe in the coach...it will eventually fail...period.

I knew we weren't going to be a better team this year, it's common sense, anyone who thought that, idk what's your problem. We had no post player up front and than we lose our leading scorer/starting shooting guard? C'mon.

Us Bulls fans knew we weren't going to do that well, the media that haven't really had their eyes on the Bulls, were impressed last year and than laid all these expectations on em, saying they could take the 4th seed... :laugh:

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah if we had BG we probably would have won, but we don't, there's nothing we can do about it. And no one can blame this loss solely on Hinrich, to do so would be stupid and ignorant (or as Houston would put it, asinine). Hinrich had 14 points, shot over 50%, and 2 assists, no turnovers, had 8 rebounds. The only really bad thing on his box score is 6 fouls, but like half of those were out of necessity since they had to foul at the end. But why did they have to foul down the stretch? Because the TEAM blew the giant lead they had. Not just Hinrich, but Rose, Noah, Deng, Salmons, EVERYONE. Rose had pretty much every turnover he had in the last 5 minutes. Noah had a few offensive fouls on screens. Deng had several travel calls. It's the silly turnovers and the sloppy play that lost them the game, not Hinrich's failure to stop Evans on one play.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
Shakes wrote:
Well if people aren't putting this all on Kirk why is he the first to get mentioned? I know, the whole Ben Gordon situation ... but consider that

a) Kirk (AFAIK) never asked for Ben to be traded, so why blame him for something that's out of his control?
b) It's Salmons who took over Ben's role, and he was worse than Kirk tonight!

Earlier in the season when Kirk was playing like crap I could understand it, but he's starting to get it together and people are still hating on the guy. Yeah I know Fred says he's the most loved person in Chicago so the hate balances it out, but clearly he's not loved here so I think if anything the need goes the other way here ...

A)Agree
B)Kinda agree, he is here for the year

I don't think anyone is blaming Kirk. I would love to have Kirk on this team long term in a reduced role and salary. But I know we agree that he is currently over payed and misused. Kirk needs to go to a team that needs a starting PG next to a star. I can't believe the lakers haven't tried to pick him up, it wouldn't take much and he would be an amazing fit there next to Kobe. But anyway, Kirk gets beat up here because of the owners choice. We would be in the same place financially long term with BG here instead of him. And if we played our cards right, we'd be the highest scoring team in the league with Rose, BG and Boozer here. But we cheaped out, like we always do and now we have a couple of good players surrounded by misfits. The only positive outside of Noah this year is that Deng isn't trash.

Kush77

Liked Posts:
houheffna wrote:

St. Ben of UCONN. I like that :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Well played!

The team has lost confidence and are bad. Right. Why? Maybe if they kept their best/2nd best player (comparing what Rose and BG bring to the table is comparing apples and oranges), they would be better. Then they wouldn't have lost confidence because they would be a better team.

I understand the point you make about "he doesn't make us a title contender." You haven't said that in this thread but you've said it before on this board. But you still have to have a respectable team on the floor.

I like Joe Johnson, you like Joe Johnson. But guess what. If the Bulls sign him in the offseason he won't get us any closer to a title either. So should we only sign LBJ or Wade next year? Does Bosh even make us a title contender? If we go by that logic then there's only 2 guys we should try to sign next year.

Bottom line, if BG was on this team they would be better than they are right now. Some people still don't want to admit that they guy who was your leading scorer for 4 straight years, your best clutch player and your best shooter, won't be missed. Well he is.

And you can put the blame on Vinny, I won't disagree with you there. But one could argue that you let his best player walk - what did you expect? Excluding tonight's disaster. That's inexcusable.

MikeMeraz

Liked Posts:
Amare and Redd will make us title contenders, maybe Redd won't be pursued by many teams or offered that much money since he's injury prone and we could get them BOTH!!:woohoo:
Now that's a title.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Kush77 wrote:
houheffna wrote:

St. Ben of UCONN. I like that :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Well played!

The team has lost confidence and are bad. Right. Why? Maybe if they kept their best/2nd best player (comparing what Rose and BG bring to the table is comparing apples and oranges), they would be better. Then they wouldn't have lost confidence because they would be a better team.

I understand the point you make about "he doesn't make us a title contender." You haven't said that in this thread but you've said it before on this board. But you still have to have a respectable team on the floor.

I like Joe Johnson, you like Joe Johnson. But guess what. If the Bulls sign him in the offseason he won't get us any closer to a title either. So should we only sign LBJ or Wade next year? Does Bosh even make us a title contender? If we go by that logic then there's only 2 guys we should try to sign next year.

Bottom line, if BG was on this team they would be better than they are right now. Some people still don't want to admit that they guy who was your leading scorer for 4 straight years, your best clutch player and your best shooter, won't be missed. Well he is.

And you can put the blame on Vinny, I won't disagree with you there. But one could argue that you let his best player walk - what did you expect? Excluding tonight's disaster. That's inexcusable.
Anyone who thought that BG not being here would lead to the Bulls playing exactly the same way they did at the end of last season is crazy. Gordon was in integral part of last year's success. BG would help this team no doubt, 20 ppg is nothing to be laughed at. He doesn't get you a title by himself, but if put on the right team, could help you immensely. At the very least, he helps your team score more than 10 points in the 4th quarter. That's inexcusable. 10 points in a quarter? Come on, I could score 10 points in a quarter.

MikeMeraz

Liked Posts:
This is the biggest comeback in Sacramento Kings History. Tyrique Evans is pretty damn good.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
MikeMeraz wrote:
Amare and Redd will make us title contenders, maybe Redd won't be pursued by many teams or offered that much money since he's injury prone and we could get them BOTH!!:woohoo:
Now that's a title.

While we are ignoring the salary cap. Bron, Wade, Bosh and JJ would get us a title too.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
St. Ben of UCONN. I like that Well played!

First and foremost...with Vinny coaching, anything short of JC from Galilee won't work....

I like Joe handling the ball more than I like Rose handling it right now...that's a problem because I wanted Joe to set up where he can in the Bulls offense to exploit the opposition. But Bosh, Lebron, Wade and even Joe are top tier players...and twice as good as Ben Gordon...its not close. If the Bulls get Wade or Joe, they would have to teach Rose how to play off the ball. It is possible with good coaching...Vinny can't do that.

I said he would be missed in this part of the season...early. Rose has shown some signs...but EVERY TIME the Bulls lose Ben Gordon is brought up like he's Ben Jordan...sorry people...aint the case. I saw Ben take some damn stupid ridiculous irresponsible shots in the clutch that cost the Bulls games. I have even seen him dribble the ball off his foot and get no shot at all in the clutch. It happens.

If this team had Ben...how many more games would they win over the season? Bad coaching trumps decent players...your results will over time reflect the coaching...

MikeMeraz

Liked Posts:
TheStig wrote:
MikeMeraz wrote:
Now that's a title.

While we are ignoring the salary cap. Bron, Wade, Bosh and JJ would get us a title too.

Whose JJ?

Barea?

Jermaine Jackson?

TheStig

Liked Posts:
MikeMeraz wrote:
TheStig wrote:
MikeMeraz wrote:
Now that's a title.

Whose JJ?

Barea?

Jermaine Jackson?

Joe Johnson

Dpauley23

Liked Posts:
Ya lets just pay a max contract to a guy whose worst at scoring than BG. Brilliant plan Reinsdorf fucking dumbass.