Bulls vs Kings

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
Looking at the game log, we scored 16 points in the first 5 minutes of the second half ... and 15 points for the rest. How can you only manage 3 field goals in 19 minutes when Lindsey Hunter isn't even out there? Is that the worst display of so called offense since the 49 point game?

Kush77

Liked Posts:
houheffna wrote:
St. Ben of UCONN. I like that Well played!

The team has lost confidence and are bad. Right. Why? Maybe if they kept their best/2nd best player (comparing what Rose and BG bring to the table is comparing apples and oranges), they would be better. Then they wouldn't have lost confidence because they would be a better team.

I understand the point you make about "he doesn't make us a title contender." You haven't said that in this thread but you've said it before on this board. But you still have to have a respectable team on the floor.

I like Joe Johnson, you like Joe Johnson. But guess what. If the Bulls sign him in the offseason he won't get us any closer to a title either. So should we only sign LBJ or Wade next year? Does Bosh even make us a title contender? If we go by that logic then there's only 2 guys we should try to sign next year.

Bottom line, if BG was on this team they would be better than they are right now. Some people still don't want to admit that they guy who was your leading scorer for 4 straight years, your best clutch player and your best shooter, won't be missed. Well he is.

And you can put the blame on Vinny, I won't disagree with you there. But one could argue that you let his best player walk - what did you expect? Excluding tonight's disaster. That's inexcusable.

First and foremost...with Vinny coaching, anything short of JC from Galilee won't work....

I like Joe handling the ball more than I like Rose handling it right now...that's a problem because I wanted Joe to set up where he can in the Bulls offense to exploit the opposition. But Bosh, Lebron, Wade and even Joe are top tier players...and twice as good as Ben Gordon...its not close. If the Bulls get Wade or Joe, they would have to teach Rose how to play off the ball. It is possible with good coaching...Vinny can't do that.

I said he would be missed in this part of the season...early. Rose has shown some signs...but EVERY TIME the Bulls lose Ben Gordon is brought up like he's Ben Jordan...sorry people...aint the case. I saw Ben take some damn stupid ridiculous irresponsible shots in the clutch that cost the Bulls games. I have even seen him dribble the ball off his foot and get no shot at all in the clutch. It happens.

If this team had Ben...how many more games would they win over the season? Bad coaching trumps decent players...your results will over time reflect the coaching...

It's pretty simple. The Bulls are losing because their offense is God-awful.

Why is the offense God-awful. Well you let your leading scorer walk. so when offense is the reason the team loses (31 points in the 2nd half) people are going to bring up Ben Gordon.

As for Joe Johnson, he's not a top tier player. I like him a lot but let's calm down a bit. You tell us not to overrate BG, let's not do the same with JJ.

He's not twice as good as Ben Gordon. That's just foolishness to say. I think he's better, not twice as good.

If the Bulls sign JJ they will be no closer to a title. so if you say that about BG then the logic should apply to JJ, no?

Bullsman24

Mr Metta World Peace
Liked Posts:
MikeMeraz wrote:
Amare and Redd will make us title contenders, maybe Redd won't be pursued by many teams or offered that much money since he's injury prone and we could get them BOTH!!:woohoo:
Now that's a title.

amare's only signing for the max. end of story.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
It's pretty simple. The Bulls are losing because their offense is God-awful.

Why is the offense God-awful. Well you let your leading scorer walk. so when offense is the reason the team loses (31 points in the 2nd half) people are going to bring up Ben Gordon.

As for Joe Johnson, he's not a top tier player. I like him a lot but let's calm down a bit. You tell us not to overrate BG, let's not do the same with JJ.

He's not twice as good as Ben Gordon. That's just foolishness to say. I think he's better, not twice as good.

If the Bulls sign JJ they will be no closer to a title. so if you say that about BG then the logic should apply to JJ, no?

JJ is much better, and a much better skilled player. I will leave it at that. He is a big shooting guard who is good enough to get double teamed on the wing by the Boston Celtics...in the first half...he is a very good player. No he is not great but you have people on this forum who constantly group Gordon with Lebron and Kobe. Doing that for any reason besides saying that they are all human and black should be a crime.

The problem on this team is "offense" but that is a generic term. Anyone can look at stats and say that. The problem with the offense is the coaching first and foremost. Nobody missed BG Saturday when they beat one of the best teams in the league. Because Rose burned the playbook and just played ball. Something Stacey King has been talking about for weeks.

The turnovers are a serious problem...BG can't help you there...he is not a ballhandler. The Bulls point guards turned the ball over too much in the second half and couldn't run a half court offensive set of any kind. Andre Miller could have, hell, Tyreke Evans could have...Rose and Hinrich couldn't.

Putting the team in the best position to make shots is whats important. Unfortunately, the Bulls didn't have anyone to take care of the ball in the clutch and make things happen.

As for making shots...yes BG can help, but I have seen him miss shots, and even fumble the ball out of bounds in the clutch and not get a shot off (Including this year with the Pistons). Plus the idea of Gordon guarding Evans in crunchtime makes me ill...seriously.

JJ is a bad boy on the court...no doubt...but I think anything short of Lebron himself is just getting better...not a contender though

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
houheffna wrote:
The turnovers are a serious problem...BG can't help you there...he is not a ballhandler. The Bulls point guards turned the ball over too much in the second half and couldn't run a half court offensive set of any kind. Andre Miller could have, hell, Tyreke Evans could have...Rose and Hinrich couldn't.

I agree, turnovers are killing us every game. But turnovers happen easily when you don´t have systems and play offense based on improvisation. And this again is bad coaching.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
Bullseye wrote:
houheffna wrote:

I agree, turnovers are killing us every game. But turnovers happen easily when you don´t have systems and play offense based on improvisation. And this again is bad coaching.

Amen, brother.

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
Bullseye wrote:
houheffna wrote:

The bulls are right on the league average for turnover percentage (they're at 13.9%, the average is 13.8%). What's killing the Bulls is the league average EFG% is 49.6, and the Bulls shoot 44.8. They're fairly average in nearly every other area as a team, they just can't shoot.

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah and you know why? Because we don´t have any system to create an open shot. Of course you shoot brick after brick when every shot you take is a long contested 2 pointer.