Bushrod gave up 2nd-most QB hurries of any OT in 2012

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
No matter how smelly of a turd a guy might be there will always be someone that will defend them to the death.

Especially if the defender is also a smelly turd

EDUB316

Liked Posts:
980.gif

jcrab66

Liked Posts:
I thought Bushrod was going to be a bust and I will gladly eat my crow on that one. I am glad Phil snatched him up

Sent from the media deck using Tapatalk

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Webb is locked in at right tackle NO ONE AND I MEAN NO ONE is going to compete with Webb at RT.

Not the rookie Mills, not Scott and not Britton who has played in like 16 games in four seasons in the NFL.

Since everyone is already talking about ProFootballFocus and their stats I long ago compiled the ProFootball Focus metrics.

The only people who think Bushrod is a clear upgrade over Webb are Chicago Bears fans...everyone else is pointing and laughing at the Bears for the money the invested in Bushrod. Do a quick web search and there's plenty of articles mocking the Bears for signing Bushrod.

Whoops.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
Bushrod > Webb

[video=youtube;GHW-YPIAz64]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHW-YPIAz64[/video]

Haha! I had a feeling the video would be something like that. I just couldn't decide whether to laugh or cry while watching it.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fisch is the king of necro-ing threads.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Bushrod > Webb

[video=youtube;GHW-YPIAz64]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHW-YPIAz64[/video]
I honestly don't blame Jay at all for laying into Webb during that game. There's only so much a competitor like a jay can take(not to mention getting your shit rocked n the guy responsible not caring) of some lazy asswad who doesn't look like he gives a shit about the game. Still can't believe people get mad at jay about that

wklink

CBMB refugee
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The Karate Kid music was the perfect background.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
I just wish the video never ended.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I honestly don't blame Jay at all for laying into Webb during that game. There's only so much a competitor like a jay can take(not to mention getting your shit rocked n the guy responsible not caring) of some lazy asswad who doesn't look like he gives a shit about the game. Still can't believe people get mad at jay about that

It's not so much what he did but how it affected Webb and thereby the team. Webb played worse after. Jay didn't help himself. Webb biggest issues were a weak psyche and lack of motivation. He never responded well to confrontation. It sort of shut him down. If it's about winning more than venting, it was the wrong move even if Webb deserved it.

He showed a desire to improve in the strike year that he 1st got promoted to LT but that was the end of it. Capped out. I had hopes for him at RT but learning a new system and coming in out of shape again got him what he deserved.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Marshall :: "Marcus put the shoe on, Put it ON "

Marshall :: "Sheesh"

JMW ::: " I cant fix widda cohm down in it "

That exchange just about sums it up !!

We all found out that Mills, at the very least, could put his shoes on correctly. After three years with the BEARs Webb finally learned how to put his shoes on with his walkin papers.....but dont give him any gum or chewing tobacco before he has to tie his shoes

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You'd think with all the game shoes he was auctioning off, he'd have figured out the laces.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Webb is locked in at right tackle NO ONE AND I MEAN NO ONE is going to compete with Webb at RT.

Not the rookie Mills, not Scott and not Britton who has played in like 16 games in four seasons in the NFL.

Since everyone is already talking about ProFootballFocus and their stats I long ago compiled the ProFootball Focus metrics.

The only people who think Bushrod is a clear upgrade over Webb are Chicago Bears fans...everyone else is pointing and laughing at the Bears for the money the invested in Bushrod. Do a quick web search and there's plenty of articles mocking the Bears for signing Bushrod.

#NeverForget

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Multi-Necro activate.

Gotta always love the fervor of crazy-You will leave the board if I'm right in my assertive speculation!

ghost_of_halas

Liked Posts:
Since you guys already necro'd this thread... How did Bushrod grade out this year and do the Bears need to possibly address LT in the draft this year?

With 2 draftable QB prospects and a few top tier pass rushers projected to go before the 7th pick the Bears should have a fairly high chance at the best oline prospects from this years crop.

How many people on this board would get suicidal if the Bears dont address defense with the 7th pick