CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wish I was living in Gabon.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Webb is locked in at right tackle NO ONE AND I MEAN NO ONE is going to compete with Webb at RT.

Not the rookie Mills, not Scott and not Britton who has played in like 16 games in four seasons in the NFL.

Since everyone is already talking about ProFootballFocus and their stats I long ago compiled the ProFootball Focus metrics.

The only people who think Bushrod is a clear upgrade over Webb are Chicago Bears fans...everyone else is pointing and laughing at the Bears for the money the invested in Bushrod. Do a quick web search and there's plenty of articles mocking the Bears for signing Bushrod.

Whoops. :andruw:

lol, I was just looking for that the other day

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
How can you say that after one mini camp session?

Also, I think your characterization of the media mocking the bears is inaccurate. Every article I've seen has described the OL as improved, including bushrod.

You want to go in on a wager about J'Marcus Webb being the starter at the RT position and that Mills will be the backup?

If I win the bet that Webb will be the starter with Mills as his backup I'll go away from message board posting FOREVER if it turns out any other way. No new names, no cute little bullshit...I'll go away forever.

If Webb wins the RT then you go away forever. Plus you can pick any of the remaining scrubs on the roster to beat out Webb for the RT spot.

Hell I'll even give you Kyle Long, you can throw in Long and say what Emery said about believing in Long's versatility and how we believe he can play right tackle. You can have Long, Scott, Britton and Mills to be the starting right tackle....

I'lll take Webb as the starting RT. The loser never posts again.

How about this one?

Menchifus

Liked Posts:
I guess BearsFan51 is holding up his end of the bet. I haven't seen him post on here since Jamucus was demoted. Good riddance!

nobull

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Prior to trading Gabe Carimi the Chicago Bears had the four worst pass blocking offensive tackles in the NFL for the 2012 season. In terms of total QB disruptions allowed Bushrod, Carimi, and Scott were all god awful. Webb was mediocre, but was better than the other three, this even considers the number of pass block attempts each OT faced during the 2012 season.

Incidentally Bushrod has never given up less than 30 QB pressures in a season during his career, Webb gave up 27 pressures.

Scott shouldn't be on the roster in 2013.

To summarize the two starters. Webb was bad his first two years but improved in each of them according to the metrics.

Bushrod has given up fewer sacks in his career on average per season than Webb, but has allowed an average of more pressures and more hits to the QB than Webb did last year.

Yeah in a 100 less pass attempts and the Saints do not run. Saints also play from behind.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I enjoy offensive line "metrics" that tell us JaMarcus Webb is a great pass blocker and Matt Slauson is one of the best run blockers in the NFL. GMs of the Future like Emery are reportedly poring over this space-age data, yet Slauson is signed to a vet-min contract and no NFL team has any interest in acquiring Webb. In Preseason game #1, the Bears can't run and Webb is turnstile in pass protection. I'm still trying to figure out where the disconnect is.

Traveling for work still but is it true Webb has already lost his job to Mills?

Last edited:

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Traveling for work still but it's it true Webb has already lost his job to Mills?

Hard saying. Mills and Long are going to be on the first team this week FWIW. So yes?

The "unofficial depth chart" hasn't changed.

I think Webb ends up getting the job back.

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
Hard saying. Mills and Long are going to be on the first team this week FWIW. So yes?

The "unofficial depth chart" hasn't changed.

I think Webb ends up getting the job back.

Trestman was asked about this and stated that rotating the guys was the plan from the beginning. Who really knows though, we'll find out. If it was in the plan it's not bad to rotate them as they compete. We certainly don't have a standout player at RT anyway.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
Trestman was asked about this and stated that rotating the guys was the plan from the beginning. Who really knows though, we'll find out. If it was in the plan it's not bad to rotate them as they compete. We certainly don't have a standout player at RT anyway.

Isn't it completely obvious to everyone now, Webb was demoted because he sucks just ask everyone on the board. What Trestman said in this quote means absolutely nothing because the message board experts know more than anyone else

"I wouldn't draw any conclusions about what's happened today," Trestman said. "It really is part of our plan to find the best five over the course of training camp, and in Week 2 (of preseason) this is the way we're starting."

Isn't it obvious by now how bad J'Marcus Webb sucks...one sack allowed on a seven step drop play action fake where he recovered enough to keep his man to the outside before Cutler scrambled forward into Webb's man doesn't mean a thing. All that matters is J'Marcus Webb sucks not what Trestman said or what his plan was for training camp.

I mean where is the logic? The Bears are likely to keep 8 offensive linemen and they need a swing offensive tackle, what better way to develop a swing offensive tackle than to give J'Marcus Webb reps at LT, a position he's played before.

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
Isn't it completely obvious to everyone now, Webb was demoted because he sucks just ask everyone on the board. What Trestman said in this quote means absolutely nothing because the message board experts know more than anyone else

"I wouldn't draw any conclusions about what's happened today," Trestman said. "It really is part of our plan to find the best five over the course of training camp, and in Week 2 (of preseason) this is the way we're starting."

Isn't it obvious by now how bad J'Marcus Webb sucks...one sack allowed on a seven step drop play action fake where he recovered enough to keep his man to the outside before Cutler scrambled forward into Webb's man doesn't mean a thing. All that matters is J'Marcus Webb sucks not what Trestman said or what his plan was for training camp.

I mean where is the logic? The Bears are likely to keep 8 offensive linemen and they need a swing offensive tackle, what better way to develop a swing offensive tackle than to give J'Marcus Webb reps at LT, a position he's played before.

Yeah it's obvious JWebb sucks and it's obvious the guys behind him do as well.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

You forgot this part of the quote:

“I think we've been very clear with J'Marcus about what we're doing,” Trestman said. “I said it last week that there's been an up-and-down performance level by J'Marcus but we were still going to do this. We were still going to give work to the other guys and see what they could do as well. So we'll evaluate it. We're going to go through the week like this. We'll evaluate the game and move forward into Oakland."

Yeah, thats a ringing endorsement...

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bears/post/_/id/4684603/bears-elevate-mills-long-webb-to-2nd-team

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

You're the person who said this?

Webb is locked in at right tackle NO ONE AND I MEAN NO ONE is going to compete with Webb at RT.

Not the rookie Mills, not Scott and not Britton who has played in like 16 games in four seasons in the NFL.

:andruw:

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
lol, yeah, but see, Emery lied about it!

Jeremy Stoltz ‏@BearReport 12 Aug
Kyle Long at RT during 1on1 drills. #Bears
Expand

Midway Illustrated ‏@MidwayBearsBlog 12 Aug
@BearReport So much for Emery's word on that one.

:roll:

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You want to go in on a wager about J'Marcus Webb being the starter at the RT position and that Mills will be the backup?

If I win the bet that Webb will be the starter with Mills as his backup I'll go away from message board posting FOREVER if it turns out any other way. No new names, no cute little bullshit...I'll go away forever.

If Webb wins the RT then you go away forever. Plus you can pick any of the remaining scrubs on the roster to beat out Webb for the RT spot.

Hell I'll even give you Kyle Long, you can throw in Long and say what Emery said about believing in Long's versatility and how we believe he can play right tackle. You can have Long, Scott, Britton and Mills to be the starting right tackle....

I'lll take Webb as the starting RT. The loser never posts again.

I almost want you to live up to this bet, but it wouldn't be as fun around here if you left :(