Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Watch it, Bearly might hear you. JK He has the physical ability, I don't think anyone denies that. But Thayer said " If he puts his mind to it". Therein, lies the rub I think very few think his will and desire is all that strong.

I actually agree but fuck you anyway. I noted he was a fuckup for not being in better shape last camp. I've disagreed with 51s assessment in this thread. He's just been the best we've had. No more, no less. I've also noted Bushrod as being better for knowing the system and consistency. Webb was our best lineman last year yet you still can't stop chasing his ass and sniffing his shit. What the fuck do you want you annoying little prick? Address me directly or keep me out of your setting up posters bullshit.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Ok, prove it. When you want to call people stupid, call them stupid. When you want to call people a douche, call them a douche.

There are no filters here. (And I really doubt there has been a filter on a website that ****/bleeps "stupid"...... Ever. I can see douche, but stupid? Give me a break)

Non-stupid posters know that stoopid isn't used to avoid filters but as an example of the critique.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Non-stupid posters know that stoopid isn't used to avoid filters but as an example of the critique.
Who gives a fuck Spock? Take your Vulcan ass, and hop on the Suck train! Who gives a fuck why I spell it that way. Any intelligent person can see that I'm able to spell well. So why the fuck make a big deal out of it? To me, it's a sign of debate loss to deflect to spelling on the internet. But you know what I mean, right? LOL , ROFL , omg , tbh .... idk .... wtf?

Last edited:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
LOL

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I understand he has shown improvement, and there is nothing saying he can't be a decent RT - or LT if you're so inclined - but there are plenty of guys on teams with his size, arms and athletics. What is the "extra" intangible that makes an OLineman of that type special? I have no idea, but to boil it down to "mind" is silly. Could it be IQ? Could it be common sense? Could it be hard work/drive? Could it be being in the right system with good players around them? I have no idea, but I'd bet that it is a combo of all those ??? marks. It is different for every player, but usually an OLineman will show his worth pretty early. If you think Webb is going to be special, then you and Thayer are on an island. He could end up being average, which is fine, but TT just said he ould be a great one. That kind of takes away his credibility because it reeks of bias.

Dude, cmon. There are so many great athletes that did not make it in the NFL because they lacked the desire, work ethic, instinct, mental capacity... or any number of many other important qualities besides athleticism. Personally, thats how I see Webb so far in his career.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ok, prove it. When you want to call people stupid, call them stupid. When you want to call people a douche, call them a douche.

There are no filters here. (And I really doubt there has been a filter on a website that ****/bleeps "stupid"...... Ever. I can see douche, but stupid? Give me a break)

Quite the noble stand you're taking here. You gonna burn an effigy?

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Bushrod looks(from film I watched on youtube) that if the DE goes in, he can flush him out pretty well to give QB time. Now... If the DE goes on the outside and speed rushes him, wow he gets his ass whooped.

I'm very meh on this signing. Doesn't sound too good. Stil think the Bears should've gave Jake Long the dolla, regardless of the injury

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yup and why Webb is better on a speed rush. Problem is that the inside rush is a shorter route to the QB and more Webb's issue. Bushrod is an upgrade but not a big one. We get a viable RT in the deal so it's a good move and both should still be improving.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The conclusion is that we all need to watch that Saints coach's film. Until then, this discussion is moot.

My conclusion on the PFF stats isn't that they're "wrong", its that IMO its hard to draw any conclusion from them. The "pressures" stat is subjective to begin with, and the OL position is highly tied in to the 4 other OL players and the QB. Its hard enough to decide whom to "blame" for sacks allowed...now we have to assign responsibility for something as nebulous as "pressures"?

I think OL stats in general are a work in progress. I would hope that sites like PFF would understand the limitations of their stats. Sometimes those thinktank sites are beyond worthless in that they draw the wrong conclusion...Bears run game is somewhat mediocre and completely ineffective in short yardage, but Carimi grades out as the best run-blocking OT in the NFL...the conclusion drawn isn't "our OL metrics are wonky", its "Carimi is so underrated!". Saints passing game is the best in the NFL, Bushrod grades out the same as JaMarcus Webb in pass-blocking...the conclusion drawn is "Bushrod isn't any better than Webb!". Completely asinine and antithetical to what is actually happening on the field.

aha! Well said bioch.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I actually agree but fuck you anyway. I noted he was a fuckup for not being in better shape last camp. I've disagreed with 51s assessment in this thread. He's just been the best we've had. No more, no less. I've also noted Bushrod as being better for knowing the system and consistency. Webb was our best lineman last year yet you still can't stop chasing his ass and sniffing his shit. What the fuck do you want you annoying little prick? Address me directly or keep me out of your setting up posters bullshit.
WTF . You get all fucking bent out of shape for say to another poster you might respond to him for criticizing JW. Man your fucking touchy. It was a little joke. Hell, I did it as sort of a nod to our differing opinion on JW. Make sure to use a large flow tampon this month cuz your acting like a fucking bitch. Easy up.

Last edited:

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
whoa

Ah+another+custom+gif..+Look+at+the+tags_820a83_4088913.gif

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I didn't come here to make any point or take sides; you inferred something I didn't imply. I only added the Webb stats to the OP after people like you forced him into the conversation repeatedly. There's plenty of logical, calm ways to look at that stat and parse through its validity. But posters clearly preffered a bushrod v. webb circlejerk

Sorry for getting back on topic. But, you posted something on a message board and didn't intend to may any point or take sides? What, exactly then is the point if you weren't drawing a comparison of some sort between the only two individuals for which you gave stats? Yes, posters preferred Bushrod to Webb. Call it a circlejerk, which obviously is a "logical" conversation, but Bushrod almost universally preferred to Webb. Not only the Bear's staff but virtually everything I've read or heard. Even the brain trust that is B&B on the Score.

I understand your point in regard to the an antiseptic review of statistics but you knew when you posted it that it would become a contested topic.

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
Instead of hurries they've just been fucking sacks here the past few years !!!!!

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
WTF . You get all fucking bent out of shape for say to another poster you might respond to him for criticizing JW. Man your fucking touchy. It was a little joke. Hell, I did it as sort of a nod to our differing opinion on JW. Make sure to use a large flow tampon this month cuz your acting like a fucking bitch. Easy up.

Hater, LOL. You get into posturing and name calling bullshit with everybody. It's tiresome.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
But I think you have to admit that his posting has improved the last couple of weeks. He's like a young boxer...he was fighting the likes of L GUAPO to start his CCS career, and now he's moved up to you. Maybe one day he can take the next step and compete with remydat.

593185-mike_20tyson_s_20punch_20out.png

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
I think I like this ... who do I get to box? Fuck yeah, now you're talking!

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Hater, LOL. You get into posturing and name calling bullshit with everybody. It's tiresome.
No, I am willing to get in discussions civil or otherwise with anyone, and follow the other posters lead on level of volatility that they feel comfortable with, but I never initiate name calling . Actually, I avoid a few that use that as their modus operandi. We have opposing views of JW, and have discussed it on more than one occasion. Where did I once say anything derogatory about you in our discussions? Then, you go off over a lighthearted reference to our opposing opinions. Not sure what your problem is and don't really care.

Oh, and just go back to page 7 where we started discussing this. Not once did I reference anything about you, yet you made a few off hand remarks about me just wanting to call JW stupid, or being some sort of psychologist. Not that it bothered me, but your assertion that I initiate posturing and name calling is what is bullshit. Just so you know.

Last edited:

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
I just want to let you guys know that I think I'm gonna take the plunge. I'm gonna get the NFL replay with all the goodies. YES, and that includes the "all 22" game tape. I so look forward to becoming an NFL scout, coach, and GM after reviewing this tape! And I plan on sharing it with everyone! Woohoo! See you soon.