Bushrod gave up 2nd-most QB hurries of any OT in 2012

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I havent been in that thread all day, but looking at those, they all say about the same thing. The Bears being worse than the Pack clearly is more frustrating. I don't disagree that the Bears have not performed at a very good level many times over the last 20 years, but my post was in response to your assertion that you have been happy with the overall results over the modern glory years of GB. As I said, as a Bear fan, looking back over the last 30 years, there was a lot of suck years, but right now, I would say I am more frustrated at the lost opportunities of the mid 80's then the crappy Wanny years. There is a type of frustration from your favorite team sucking, and a different type for your favorite team choking or lost opportunities. If I was a Packer fan,(beside gouging my eyes out) I would feel as though my team had left a few out there that they should have one. That was the point of that post. It would take reading a little further back to get my point. And as we know, some people don't necessarily want to reply to the proper context of the post but rather the words in that snippet of thought.

Fair enough.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Well, since we're having a Bushrod vs Webb thingy, with a dash of Shea ...... I've always liked Tom Thayer. Here's some words from him on the subject:

-------------------------------

How much better is the offensive line than it was a year ago?
TT: "It's so much better because you don't have an experiment at left tackle anymore. That's no slight to J'Marcus Webb because I think he has the ability to be a great one in the league as long as he sets his mind to it. But as long as you have Jermon Bushrod, it's no longer an experiment like a J'Marcus Webb or a Gabe Carimi has been the past couple years. When you're talking about left tackle, I think you're better at that position than you have been maybe the last 10 or 12 years." Which player was the Bears' best offseason acquisition?
TT: "I like the upgrade at tight end with Martellus Bennett. But in terms of what you need in order for this offense to succeed at the tempo they intend to play at, I think Bushrod could be as important as any player who was signed this offseason. And it's not only due to his experience in New Orleans but he'll also help set the standard for what this team is going to need to accomplish."
Who are you most eager to watch in training camp?
TT: "Alshon Jeffery and Shea McClellin, not because they were the Bears' first two draft picks last year but because I see potential in each of them. I think they both have tremendous upside."

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Well, since we're having a Bushrod vs Webb thingy, with a dash of Shea ...... I've always liked Tom Thayer. Here's some words from him on the subject:

-------------------------------

How much better is the offensive line than it was a year ago?
TT: "It's so much better because you don't have an experiment at left tackle anymore. That's no slight to J'Marcus Webb because I think he has the ability to be a great one in the league as long as he sets his mind to it. But as long as you have Jermon Bushrod, it's no longer an experiment like a J'Marcus Webb or a Gabe Carimi has been the past couple years. When you're talking about left tackle, I think you're better at that position than you have been maybe the last 10 or 12 years." Which player was the Bears' best offseason acquisition?
TT: "I like the upgrade at tight end with Martellus Bennett. But in terms of what you need in order for this offense to succeed at the tempo they intend to play at, I think Bushrod could be as important as any player who was signed this offseason. And it's not only due to his experience in New Orleans but he'll also help set the standard for what this team is going to need to accomplish."
Who are you most eager to watch in training camp?
TT: "Alshon Jeffery and Shea McClellin, not because they were the Bears' first two draft picks last year but because I see potential in each of them. I think they both have tremendous upside."
Tom Thayers comments are of no value and shall be disregarded, as they lack any reference to ALL-22 video. That is all.

Reactions: WCL

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Tom Thayers comments are of no value and shall be disregarded, as they lack any reference to ALL-22 video. That is all.

I get the sarcasm directed toward someone, but I would have to say his comments hold no value since he said Webb has the ability to be a great one in the league..

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Between thayer, joniak, and mayer, I will give the nod to thayer out of that crack reporting team

:)

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
Between thayer, joniak, and mayer, I will give the nod to thayer out of that crack reporting team

:)
I would always tend to listen to a former player a little more then a beat reporter anyday, but that's me. Especially, a SB winning OL player.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Ooh, sassy. The guy is employed by the bears now to speak positively about the team. I like my player analysis a tad more objective.

Yeah, I know, 'blah blah dooshbag' etc.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I get the sarcasm directed toward someone, but I would have to say his comments hold no value since he said Webb has the ability to be a great one in the league..

I think a lot of analysts would agree he has the strength and athleticism. The problem seems to be above the shoulders with him.

When Thayer said "as long as he sets his mind to it" he wasn't just tossing out a throw away comment imo.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
coach.jpg
Coaches Film
Available only from the NFL, Coaches Film shows you exclusive camera angles (All-22 and EndZone) that let you watch and analyze the game like a pro football coach.

Tom Thayer Approved!

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ooh, sassy. The guy is employed by the bears now to speak positively about the team. I like my player analysis a tad more objective.

Don't forget "stoopid."

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:

I understand the politics of Business as well as anyone. I just can read a player better then some wimpy guy that's never played. He was saying something nice about Webb as he was happy to see him to the right side.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Watch it, Bearly might hear you. JK He has the physical ability, I don't think anyone denies that. But Thayer said " If he puts his mind to it". Therein, lies the rub I think very few think his will and desire is all that strong.

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think a lot of analysts would agree he has the strength and athleticism. The problem seems to be above the shoulders with him.

When Thayer said "as long as he sets his mind to it" he wasn't just tossing out a throw away comment imo.

I understand he has shown improvement, and there is nothing saying he can't be a decent RT - or LT if you're so inclined - but there are plenty of guys on teams with his size, arms and athletics. What is the "extra" intangible that makes an OLineman of that type special? I have no idea, but to boil it down to "mind" is silly. Could it be IQ? Could it be common sense? Could it be hard work/drive? Could it be being in the right system with good players around them? I have no idea, but I'd bet that it is a combo of all those ??? marks. It is different for every player, but usually an OLineman will show his worth pretty early. If you think Webb is going to be special, then you and Thayer are on an island. He could end up being average, which is fine, but TT just said he ould be a great one. That kind of takes away his credibility because it reeks of bias.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
Don't forget "stoopid."
Your stoopid. Stoopid and dooshbag were early spellings to get around forum 'bad word' filters. Some habits die hard, or better yet, I don't care to change. You're the dooshbag always talking about it when fuckin everyone here knows I know how to spell it! Go find a cave Bat Shit!

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
coach.jpg
Coaches Film
Available only from the NFL, Coaches Film shows you exclusive camera angles (All-22 and EndZone) that let you watch and analyze the game like a pro football coach.

Tom Thayer Approved!

I know this one guy that totally bought in to the "that let you watch and analyze the game like a pro football coach" hook.

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dude, there ain't shit you could do or say that I couldn't immediately adapt to.

Ok, prove it. When you want to call people stupid, call them stupid. When you want to call people a douche, call them a douche.

There are no filters here. (And I really doubt there has been a filter on a website that ****/bleeps "stupid"...... Ever. I can see douche, but stupid? Give me a break)

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
I know this one guy that totally bought in to the "that let you watch and analyze the game like a pro football coach" hook.

I guess it doesn't matter that Thayer is still on the Chicago Bears payroll...

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Bear Pride

Dude, there ain't shit you could do or say that I couldn't immediately adapt to.

Ok, prove it. When you want to call people stupid, call them stupid. When you want to call people a douche, call them a douche.

There are no filters here. (And I really doubt there has been a filter on a website that ****/bleeps "stupid"...... Ever. I can see douche, but stupid? Give me a break)
Come on bro! "Give you a break) You're calling out my spelling? What the fuck about your punctuation bro? You arbitrarily place parenthesis around complete sentences, and you forget to close sentences with a period. WTF dude?