Byron Pringle

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
predictions on Pringle for fantasy, i'm thinking at least 600 yards

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Slightly off subject but one of Hoge and Jahns was at OTA’s (the other was sick) and said both Gordon and Brisker have been really good and Robinson looks like he belongs. The coaching staff is all about effort and apparently Robinson is bringing the effort.

RubberBanMan

I’m just a fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
I’ve said a few times here that Pringle is going to surprise people. And i base this on my extensive studying and analyzing of his play.

..In the few Kc games i watched where he made some nice plays. All pro Pringle. Once he pops he can’t stop.

Bearey Palpatine

Liked Posts:

I was indifferent on the Pringle signing but after watching this I'm sold he can be a solid pass catcher for Fields.

The thing that stood out to me was Pringle's seperation ability. The same reason Equanimeous St. Brown was signed was his separation abilities (and past history with Getsy); Velus Jones Jr was drafted because of his seperation skills. The reason I keep harping on the word SEPERATION is because that is the sort of pass catcher that helps Fields out the most. Turns out Poles was helping Agent One out in the receiving area but in a more cost effective and smarter way. I'm not saying Chicago's Rec Corp will rival The Greatest Show On Turf or put The Chief's to shame but its potential is underappreciated.

Truth is none of them will be pro bowlers (this year at least) but they're not a bunch of jobbers either. It has an above average member in Mooney and two solid to maybe good in St Brown and Pringle. And Jones Jr is a wild card that can blow up when the season starts. Right now I feel the passing game may pleasantly surprise some folks.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:

I was indifferent on the Pringle signing but after watching this I'm sold he can be a solid pass catcher for Fields.

The thing that stood out to me was Pringle's seperation ability. The same reason Equanimeous St. Brown was signed was his separation abilities (and past history with Getsy); Velus Jones Jr was drafted because of his seperation skills. The reason I keep harping on the word SEPERATION is because that is the sort of pass catcher that helps Fields out the most. Turns out Poles was helping Agent One out in the receiving area but in a more cost effective and smarter way. I'm not saying Chicago's Rec Corp will rival The Greatest Show On Turf or put The Chief's to shame but its potential is underappreciated.

Truth is none of them will be pro bowlers (this year at least) but they're not a bunch of jobbers either. It has an above average member in Mooney and two solid to maybe good in St Brown and Pringle. And Jones Jr is a wild card that can blow up when the season starts. Right now I feel the passing game may pleasantly surprise some folks.
I do wonder how much Pringle will separate with no Hill and Kelce. A certain amount of attention was paid to those guys and I know he did play a game each without 1 of them, but I am interested to see how things look if teams pack it in against the Bears and try to force the all underneath because they know the pass protection may not hold up. Of course, they also have a pair of 4.3 guys to open things up too.

I do think the pass game will be fun at times. But I also know there is a cap to the offense due to the lack of talent. I just hope Fields and Getsy can maximize things.

Last edited:

mecha

Liked Posts:
I still maintain that Nagy's "system" handcuffed the offense for years. he got figured out pretty quick. once you stopped having Oompa Loompa and Willy Wonka plays with the element of surprise he was fucked. couple that with him not giving a shit about his quarterbacks. we might be in for a surprise this season. I'm not losing sleep over how terrible the offense can potentially be.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Seemed like a promising vid analysis of the plays, but playback kept freezing and jumping around each time they tried commenting. Really killed the analysis and made it unwatchable to me. Maybe it got better but the first few playbacks (starting around 10mins into the vid) were bad. Get better Internet or DL the clips before making the cast dudes.

jerkstore

Liked Posts:
Pringle shows up on 3rd down and in the red zone. Scored three times in the playoffs. He blocks, returns kicks, you could use him on sweeps and screens.

Dude has M&M’s cascading out of every orifice.

Chiefs WR Byron Pringle stands out as offense sputters

“Asked about conversations he’s had with Mahomes, Pringle said he told the Chiefs’ quarterback that ‘I’m here to fight with you, bro. I’m out here to go to war. That’s what we practice for throughout the week, and you can lean on me whenever I’m in there — whether it’s blocking, catching or running the ball. I’m there with you.’”

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Bears need all the help they can get. We haven't had a dominant number one probably since Marshall or Alshon. ARob was highly productive but didn't have that gamebreaking ability that forced teams to double team him.

When you have a guy that just cannot be single covered, your offense changes. What your team does against 3rd down bump and run coverage is huge. I really hope Mooney takes another step forward this season.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams

greg23

Liked Posts:
I'm not sure if it's good news or bad news that the bears need to sign wr who lead whatever in separation rate.

Kind of implies their qb can't/won't anticipate throws and windows.