Byron Pringle

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Bears need all the help they can get. We haven't had a dominant number one probably since Marshall or Alshon. ARob was highly productive but didn't have that gamebreaking ability that forced teams to double team him.

When you have a guy that just cannot be single covered, your offense changes. What your team does against 3rd down bump and run coverage is huge. I really hope Mooney takes another step forward this season.
Robinson definitely took advantage of single coverage. They often had checks with him to run fades when they got clear single coverage at the snap (see big catch vs. Steelers). The problem is teams ran a ton of zone against us because Trubisky couldn't read a defense and Fields was slow going thru progressions, plus the route combos were easily diagnosed. But Robinson did have gamebreaking ability, especially against man coverage.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm not sure if it's good news or bad news that the bears need to sign wr who lead whatever in separation rate.

Kind of implies their qb can't/won't anticipate throws and windows.
:jonesy:

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Robinson definitely took advantage of single coverage. They often had checks with him to run fades when they got clear single coverage at the snap (see big catch vs. Steelers). The problem is teams ran a ton of zone against us because Trubisky couldn't read a defense and Fields was slow going thru progressions, plus the route combos were easily diagnosed. But Robinson did have gamebreaking ability, especially against man coverage.
Nagy ran zone concepts against man coverage and vice versa . And rarely adjusted, if he did he’d call an untimely timeout. A true r3tard.

You can’t run curls and hitches all the way down the field and then turn around and blamed the qb because the db is just sitting.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
But Robinson did have gamebreaking ability, especially against man coverage.
Respectfully disagree. He had great hands, toughness and route running ability. But he is a guy who was always near the bottom of the league in separation and there is a reason the Bears let him walk.

He is going to be a great fit in LA because you have Cooper Kupp there to stretch the defense.

Dumpster Fire

Liked Posts:
Pringle isn‘t performing magic tricks out there but his moves and measurables look effective. Like that kickoff return, nothing flashy but he weaves through traffic, makes one move to evade a tackle, and he’s gone. That type of play/moveset will continue to work in the NFL, and I hope to watch him do it in a Bears uniform. His size is noticeable and he clearly can outrun people. I didn’t know he had value as a gunner/returner. I’ll take him all day over a Javon Wims, Josh Bellamy, Anthony Miller, Marquise Goodwin, you name it, etc.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Pringle isn‘t performing magic tricks out there but his moves and measurables look effective. Like that kickoff return, nothing flashy but he weaves through traffic, makes one move to evade a tackle, and he’s gone. That type of play/moveset will continue to work in the NFL, and I hope to watch him do it in a Bears uniform. His size is noticeable and he clearly can outrun people. I didn’t know he had value as a gunner/returner. I’ll take him all day over a Javon Wims, Josh Bellamy, Anthony Miller, Marquise Goodwin, you name it, etc.
Hes likely not going to be a gunner or returner when he's playing every snap at WR

greg23

Liked Posts:
What a stupid thing to say

*sees username*

Oh, thats why
Please send your complaint to scouts and tv analysts as they all say the same thing..........waiting for the hustlers to chime in........btw; same thing was true about Cutler

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Please send your complaint to scouts and tv analysts as they all say the same thing..........waiting for the hustlers to chime in........btw; same thing was true about Cutler
Do you think mahomes receivers created a lot of separation? That must be an indictment of him as a qb

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Quick, someone check on Remy - he went on a 12 page tirade when I said based on the film I saw Pringle could be better than people anticipate.

VickAshley✅️verified

✅️ verified member - He/Him/Himselve/Sir
Liked Posts:
Quick, someone check on Remy - he went on a 12 page tirade when I said based on the film I saw Pringle could be better than people anticipate.
Are you sure these are actural facts that you are stating with this post attacking remydat or is this just spin so that you can influence other posters to side with you in argument that never acturally happen?

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
I love the optimism and Pringle has more of a track record than some recent Bears receivers who flashed in camp then sucked in real life (I'm looking at you, Wims). Still not letting my hopes get too high.