Caleb Williams & Rome Odunze Contracts

Collins77

Liked Posts:
IDK where you get arrogant. You want your QB to be confident, but he's one of the most humble guys I've seen. He believes in himself, was universally touted as the best QB in this class by a large margin, and every video I see of him he's kind, chill, and smart. WTF? Get on board already. I love this kid. Odunze, too.
OK not arrogant, to take one word and make the argument mute is missing the point of the statement. I'm big on patterns, so this whole process, even before the draft has been extra. There are little signs, if I were looking at it that would cause me to pay more attention to the future. Is this gonna turn onto a Russell Wilson, own office thing? Or is it just cause he doesn't have an agent, or whatever. Man, it's not rocket science, there's only so much you can do and waiting to the last minute screams marketing and media ploy. Man, I know I'm old school and this ain't that.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
OK not arrogant, to take one word and make the argument mute is missing the point of the statement. I'm big on patterns, so this whole process, even before the draft has been extra. There are little signs, if I were looking at it that would cause me to pay more attention to the future. Is this gonna turn onto a Russell Wilson, own office thing? Or is it just cause he doesn't have an agent, or whatever. Man, it's not rocket science, there's only so much you can do and waiting to the last minute screams marketing and media ploy. Man, I know I'm old school and this ain't that.
"Making an argument mute" is missing the point of your statement.

Try moot next time.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I literally posted the relevance in the post prior to you talking shit.

Stroud signed on report date.
So? It'd be different if he signed later and then played well. Signing on time means dick dummy.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well, at some point, you need to let the old school mentality go. This generation, the age of my kids, they are way more open-minded, and ask for what they want, and are pretty generous and kind as a whole. Big on patterns? What patterns? Are you bothered by the nail polish, and crying, and the pink phone case? If so, let go of your bigotry and evolve. It's okay. He's a talent that has been the best everywhere he's gone. Nothing wrong in asking for a bit more, for covering your ass, when we see how corporations/teams don't GAF and will cut people the minute they stop performing. I don't think he's a diva, I don't think he's a jerk, I don't think he's in the mold of the LeBron family (entitled, etc.). Why should he give an agent 15% when that can go to his father, or stay in his pocket? My understanding of CBA rookie contracts is that they are pretty standard. Last thing I heard was he didn't want the Bears to be able to franchise tag him, and wanted that language in there. IDK if that's true.

I'll just say, from every film, interview, and bit of tape I've seen he's a pretty cool kid, and I like him a lot.

If the glass has water in it, why not be a glass half full optimist instead of a glass half empty pessimist? Hop on the bandwagon, brother. It's going to be a wild ride. I'm stoked.

gmoney1994

Liked Posts:
Old school people are terrified to let go of the past.

Move on! Caleb signed his contract before at least 4 QBs last year including CJ Stroud, Will Levis, Richardson and Bryce young last year. You boomers need to relax

Collins77

Liked Posts:
Maybe, but the trying to skip taxes, and the attemt to wave the tag doesn't at least make you pause just a second? I'm not terrified of the past, as a Boomer if that's what ya call it I just have enough experience with folks trying to fix what ain't broke and what trying to be a bigshot before youve proven a thing looks like. Those QBs you mentioned earlier didn't have dumb shit they tried working in their contracts either.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Maybe, but the trying to skip taxes, and the attemt to wave the tag doesn't at least make you pause just a second? I'm not terrified of the past, as a Boomer if that's what ya call it I just have enough experience with folks trying to fix what ain't broke and what trying to be a bigshot before youve proven a thing looks like. Those QBs you mentioned earlier didn't have dumb shit they tried working in their contracts either.
Absolutely not!

If 99% of Republicans and 80% of Democrats are doing everything to not pay taxes, why shouldn't Caleb?

Also, he is not trying to skip taxes nor wave taxes. He is trying to see if he can find a loophole in the system to find a way to get his money in a way to greatly reduce his tax burden which is what every single person with enough coins to rub together has been doing since taxes were created.

Do you honestly think that the rich give politicians millions of dollars in donations just to be philanthropists?

If so, I have a really nice bridge to sell to you.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I suggest letting all that stuff go and judge the guy based on how he performs on the field. Also, I’m willing to bet he’s going to be a positive and active force in the community too.

Canth

Liked Posts:
I would just add that I think the NIL deals mean that players are also coming into the NFL with a lot more business understanding that previously seen. Caleb in particular had very lucrative deals already, so they are going to have different ideas than seen before.

It's just smart business to look for those tax shelters, especially at that level and with that much money at stake.

Canth

Liked Posts:
Actually, I think one of the next ideas that will get floated and I am surprised it has not already is for a player to ask for their salary to be defined as a percentage of the salary cap. Hell, it could even be the teams may want that for these huge QB deals and it's the players that are pushing back as everyone thinks they have be the highest paid player at the time they sign.