Can the Hawks win the Cup?

BigP50

04-21-2012
Liked Posts:
Goiing to school in Nebraska I dont get to see any of the games really, I just check the scores and standings at night. I know they are in 1st in the division but is this team good enough to win the Cup again?

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Probably not, but there's a chance. There aren't a ton of really good teams that have stood out so far this season, but there's a lot of time left. The Hawks have their issues, but if they play well in the playoffs like they usually do, there's a chance.

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Anybody but Boston or Detroit, please!

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Boston would be fine, but very unlikely.
I would absolutely love to see the Leafs win the cup.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Boston would be fine, but very unlikely.
I would absolutely love to see the Leafs win the cup.

Same here though must admit it is much more fun to be in the reverse role of the Boston Red Sox-Chicago Cubs kinship the Leafs and Blackhawks had (have?).

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
too early to tell...

if our defense keeps playing like they have, prolly not

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Same here though must admit it is much more fun to be in the reverse role of the Boston Red Sox-Chicago Cubs kinship the Leafs and Blackhawks had (have?).

Yeah. I have respect for all original six teams. Four of my top five favorite teams are original six teams. Plus, the Leafs haven't won in awhile and they are built pretty well this year. Gustavson and Reimer are a great goalie duo.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Definitely have a chance, not sold on Minnesota and we've done better than every other team besides them thus far.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
A 2nd line center, 1 dman, and a goalie away from a yes.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
^1. Wish Kane would have stayed in that role.
2. Ya, but our top 3-4 are solid, just need somebody decent for the 3rd defensive line.
3. Crawford isn't doing well lately, but I still have faith in him, and Emery can always fill in and he's been great lately.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
I personally think they need more than that

Actually, much less than that.

It's about having a chance of winning the cup, and Columbus isn't even mathematically eliminated yet. Therefore, everyone has a chance. :dealwithit:

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Can they as they stand now? Maybe. They need a dman or 2 IMOP.

But just imagine what they'd have if there wasnt a cap. Add Wisniewski, Ladd, Versteeg, Buff, Campbell and Niemi to the mix....oh yeah, I'd think they could then. :)

icehogfan08

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
im giving specific needs, any other additions would be icing on the cake. the west can be won, i think the finals would be very tough

I agree with what you put. I would add another D-man tho. So 2 D-men and a Center. I dont really see any Goalie moves being made

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I agree with what you put. I would add another D-man tho. So 2 D-men and a Center. I dont really see any Goalie moves being made

I know goalies arent at a premium now a days and you can go in with an avg goalie if you have stellar D. Im not sure i would want to go in though with emery. I hope Crawford does get another chance to start, I dont think he is great but I prefer him over emery at this point. 2 dman is a nice dream, and would really make it easy for whoever our shit box goalie is. what pairing are you thinking? we need a bottom 6 guy, and maybe a top 4. 2nd line center im sure is going to be looked into as well, seems like every season we are in need of that #2.

As far as the west, im not too sold on VAN this season. DET is still a threat, always a fucking scary team. very shocked at the kings and ducks....fuck, im shocked at the wild as well. kudos to anyone who thought the wild would be where they are at and the kings and ducks blowing ass.

icehogfan08

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I know goalies arent at a premium now a days and you can go in with an avg goalie if you have stellar D. Im not sure i would want to go in though with emery. I hope Crawford does get another chance to start, I dont think he is great but I prefer him over emery at this point. 2 dman is a nice dream, and would really make it easy for whoever our shit box goalie is. what pairing are you thinking? we need a bottom 6 guy, and maybe a top 4. 2nd line center im sure is going to be looked into as well, seems like every season we are in need of that #2.

As far as the west, im not too sold on VAN this season. DET is still a threat, always a fucking scary team. very shocked at the kings and ducks....fuck, im shocked at the wild as well. kudos to anyone who thought the wild would be where they are at and the kings and ducks blowing ass.

I would like a top 4 to go somewhere with Seabrook, Keith, Leddy. Hammer does a fine job but if we can upgrade him or ship him for the upgrade I am for it or him being the #5.