CapGeek Scenario Thread

N3

Liked Posts:
haha. Keep Sharpie in the lineups; Bowman finally can be quoted that he [Sharp] "is not going anywhere" (as we expected).

Yep...Not sure if that means Niemi is out...or they have something in place with Nemo.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
Im thinking Niemi is out. Just a hunch

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
Adam Jahns:

Also, Brian Campbell said the #Blackhawks have always had the list of his 8 teams -- a list he can update. He said he wants to be a Hawk.

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yep...Not sure if that means Niemi is out...or they have something in place with Nemo.

They may very well have something in place with him and used salary arbitration to shield him from offer sheets and plan to come to terms before the end of the month.

*adjusts tinfoil conspiracy theory hat*

Ok, seriously, both sides should really do their damnedest to avoid arbitration. I don't know if it's the right way to go, but the Hawks could bottom-line Niemi with a take-it or leave-it contract and have Niemi weigh his options considering the UFA goalie market this year.

N3

Liked Posts:
They may very well have something in place with him and used salary arbitration to shield him from offer sheets and plan to come to terms before the end of the month.

*adjusts tinfoil conspiracy theory hat*

Ok, seriously, both sides should really do their damnedest to avoid arbitration. I don't know if it's the right way to go, but the Hawks could bottom-line Niemi with a take-it or leave-it contract and have Niemi weigh his options considering the UFA goalie market this year.

Mind if I wear one of those hats?

And after looking over the available goalies last night, I think they really need to do something to keep Niemi. The available goalie list is not very promising.

N3

Liked Posts:
Stan was just quoted as saying when it comes to keeping Niemi and Sharp "Right now we do not have a solution."

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mind if I wear one of those hats?

And after looking over the available goalies last night, I think they really need to do something to keep Niemi. The available goalie list is not very promising.

Yeah, I zoomed through that list again today and with the limited dough we have available, we're probably going to, unfortunately, get what we pay for...

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
Stan was just quoted as saying when it comes to keeping Niemi and Sharp "Right now we do not have a solution."

And since he has been quoted as saying Sharp "isn't going anywhere" puts Niemi on the outs if his salary demand does not come down.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
Turco baby!
LOL

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
Here's a stab with Niemi at 1.725:

FORWARDS
Patrick Kane ($6.300m) / Jonathan Toews ($6.300m) / Marian Hossa ($5.275m)
Patrick Sharp ($3.900m) / Dave Bolland ($3.375m) / Tomas Kopecky ($1.200m)
Jack Skille ($0.600m) / Troy Brouwer ($1.025m) / Viktor Stalberg ($0.850m)
Bryan Bickell ($0.550m) / Marty Reasoner ($1.150m) / Igor Makarov ($0.552m)

DEFENSEMEN
Brian Campbell ($7.142m) / Duncan Keith ($5.538m)
Brent Seabrook ($3.500m) / Niklas Hjalmarsson ($3.500m)
Jordan Hendry/Nick Boynton ($0.625m) / Shawn Lalonde ($0.773m)
John Scott ($0.512m) / Jassen Cullimore ($0.500m)

GOALTENDERS
Antti Niemi ($1.725m) /Hannu Toivonen ($0.550m)

CARRY-OVER BONUS PENALTY: $4,157,753

SALARY CAP: $59,400,000; CAP PAYROLL: $59,602,423; BONUSES: $285,000
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $82,577

Not much breathing room with 82k leftover, but it's a roster of 22 with our D a bit insulated. Scott also insulates our F group as #13F. And, if needed, Hendry can play wing in dire spots.

Sarava

Liked Posts:
Is that for sure on Kruger? From everything I read about him, Bowman has been really impressed and he has an outside shot at making the team.

Sorry I was slow getting back to this thread. I worked 14 hours yesterday heh.

Anyway, unless something ahs changed since Kruger signed, he's playing in Sweden this coming season. He won't even be at training camp. Here's an interview with him from when he signed last month. Thanks to a Swedish poster on HF that translated and posted it:

Link: http://marieshockey...g....spot.co...jurgarden.html

Translation:

Marcus Krüger: "To stay in Djurgården another season is the best for me"
So, now I have spoken to Kruger who has signed a three-year contract with Chicago, but chose to stay in the DIF next season which he thinks is the best for him. Here you have the interview.

Marcus Krüger staying one year with Djurgarden.

He signed a three year contract with Chicago last night but will then be loaned to the DIF next season.

- I have a lot to do here before I'm ready to go over, "said the forward.

Received the first call from the NHL club a couple of weeks ago:

- Then they said well that they were interested in signing me and they wanted me to go over.

Your reaction then?

- Well, when you hear it then of course the first thought that it's interesting. It's a dream for me to play there, but as I pondered a bit and found that for me Djurgarden is the best alternative right now. Sure you want to go but it still felt like the best thing for me is to stay in one season in Djurgarden.

How did Chicago respond to it?

- We didnt talk for a a while and then a few das a ago they called and said they would sign me anyway, "says Krüger.

Chicago could have waited a year and still retain the rights but it is quite clear that Krüger is seen as an important player for the future and the him stay in Sweden for another year.

- And now they know I will come over the next year, that I had to do now.

Why did it feel so good to stay another season then?

- It was not an easy choice directly, it was there but I felt that I just played a full season here and it felt as if I was not finished here yet. I have a lot to do here before I am prepared to go over there, so it feels like. And I hope to experience everything the next year (ie next season).

What do you want to experience? What is required to make you feel ready?

- Nah, it is that I want to have two good seasons behind me so that I can feel that I'm really good when I go over. Because when I go over, I would do it to take a place on the team directly. That is how it feels for me.

What you need to develop the gameplay in order to do that?

- I want to get the best out of everything. I want to play in all key situations, I think it will develop me and I'll fight to get as much playing time as possible here in Djurgared to thereby develop. Then there is the little things that I want to be faster, stronger and get better shots and stuff, I work with here at home.

You would of course be able to work with in Chicago farm system also of course?

- Yes, but ... There are advantages to going over, there is. But to stay I felt is best to me. I do not know if it is right or wrong but that is what makes the most sense for me anyway, "says Krüger.

He has obviously talked to your best friend, Jacob Josefson [recently signed by the Devils] about what was best choice.

- We're best friends and he had probably wanted to have with me over there, heh, heh, so he probably thought I would go over with him now but I have to think about what I think is best for myself and my development and I believe this is to stay one year in Djurgarden.

Krüger will not receive any salary from Chicago in the coming year in the Djurgarden but is paid according to his current contract with Djurgarden. However, he gets a signing bonus from Chicago and perhaps best of all - he knows that they now think he is in their future plans. Someone who is well worth the wait.

The feeling when you signed with Chicago?

- A little surreal actually! It has always been a dream so it felt a bit unreal. You've always dreamed of playing in the NHL and to sign a contract with them is a step towards that goal. There is no guarantee that you then get to play, it is still a step in that direction.

This summer, he goes over to the so-called summer camp where all new players can come and prove themselves, but, then he is going back to Stockholm.

- I will NOT go over to training camp then (in September), because then you miss some SEL games I do not want that. I want to be involved from the beginning of the season in the top division.

And for those who are still worried that you may suddenly disappear, it is the plan to play the entire season, from start to finish here at home in Djurgarden?

- Exactly, it is. I go over at summer camp (in July) but no more. It is good to be home here in good time and then go on with all that goes with this season, instead, concludes Krüger.

Reactions: N3

Livewire

Liked Posts:
Not much breathing room with 82k leftover, but it's a roster of 22 with our D a bit insulated. Scott also insulates our F group as #13F. And, if needed, Hendry can play wing in dire spots.

We will carry 24 players, 22 skaters and 2 goaltenders. Your plan like the other only affords us 2 injuries and no cap space to bring anyone up.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
Iago's team looks sweet.

However like Livewire said, it would leave us too strapped in the event of injuries.

Maybe we see Reasoner, Kopecky, or Brouwer traded since they have the highest salaries of the non-core players

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
We will carry 24 players, 22 skaters and 2 goaltenders. Your plan like the other only affords us 2 injuries and no cap space to bring anyone up.

Unlike previous years, LTIR will have to be utilized this year with our guys with 2-way deals. What is your vision with a legal 24?

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Iago's team looks sweet.

However like Livewire said, it would leave us too strapped in the event of injuries.

Maybe we see Reasoner, Kopecky, or Brouwer traded since they have the highest salaries of the non-core players

I personally wish they'd find a way to get rid of Reasoner.

Guys like Dowell can do his job for alot cheaper.

Livewire

Liked Posts:
Unlike previous years, LTIR will have to be utilized this year with our guys with 2-way deals. What is your vision with a legal 24?

For a player to be replaced under LTIR they must miss at least 10 games or I think 25 days. So lets say Jonathan Toews pulls a hamstring and can't skate for 2-3 games you now have to force him to miss an 1/8 of the season to bring a player up to replace him.

I will make a thread explaining what I think needs to be done this off season.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
Cool, Maybe we should just make a thread with everyones ideas, instead of all these different ones?

derosabomb

Joecawks is a dope
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
Iago's team looks sweet.

oh hell no.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
well we found your soft spot. lol

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
For a player to be replaced under LTIR they must miss at least 10 games or I think 25 days. So lets say Jonathan Toews pulls a hamstring and can't skate for 2-3 games you now have to force him to miss an 1/8 of the season to bring a player up to replace him.

I will make a thread explaining what I think needs to be done this off season.

Oh, I know how LTIR works...and it would be absolutely Special person to use it for 2/3 game injury. The Hawks really never used it last year (since they had quite a bit of cap room to play). The team I threw together would not be able to withstand more than 2 injuries at a time. Beyond that, well shit happens, but such is life when this team is so top heavy.