Cavs Sign Marion

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Fuck Lebron. This isn't about a team signing some veteran players joining him in order to get a ring before their careers are over. It is about the collusion among NBA superstars. And the comparison to Jordan and company is a bunch of BS. Jordan didn't dictate to management the way Lebron does. Pretty much no one wanted Rodman when they brought him in. Hell, some of the Bulls hated the guy. Pippin, they traded in the draft to get him. In other words, they built a team via the draft while adding a few veteran fringe guys. Fuck Lebron.
He tried like hell to. Krause ignored him.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Example 1: Joe Wolf
Jordan wanted Johnny Dawkins in 86, Krause took Brad Sellers (Jordan was rather right there,but Dawkins was never exactly great)
As you mentioned, Jordan wanted Joe Wolf in 87 instead of Pippen
Jordan was pissed when they traded Oakley for Bill Cartwright.
I've never heard who Jordan wanted in the 89 draft when they had the 6th pick and took King. I just know he had a general dislike for King, King was a bust for his draft position though.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Jordan wanted Johnny Dawkins in 86, Krause took Brad Sellers (Jordan was rather right there,but Dawkins was never exactly great)
As you mentioned, Jordan wanted Joe Wolf in 87 instead of Pippen
Jordan was pissed when they traded Oakley for Bill Cartwright.
I've never heard who Jordan wanted in the 89 draft when they had the 6th pick and took King. I just know he had a general dislike for King, King was a bust for his draft position though.
Jordan has never been the best judgement of draft prospects...

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Jordan won six world championships with one team against the best players of his generation. He did it with one star player (Pip), a few good players (Grant/Rodman/Harper) and a host of scrubs.

LeBron has won two world championships with three teams with some of the best players of his generation. He did it with two other star players (Bosh/Wade), a host of good players and a few scrubs.

The only similarity is that they are/were the two best players of their generation. LeBron has far more luxuries appointed to him, but has accomplished less than Jordan. Jordan proved he could win a championship with anyone in his prime. LeBron needs an All Star team around him to get to the finals, in a league with token defense and diluted talent no less.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Jordan won six world championships with one team against the best players of his generation. He did it with one star player (Pip), a few good players (Grant/Rodman/Harper) and a host of scrubs.

LeBron has won two world championships with three teams with some of the best players of his generation. He did it with two other star players (Bosh/Wade), a host of good players and a few scrubs.

The only similarity is that they are/were the two best players of their generation. LeBron has far more luxuries appointed to him, but has accomplished less than Jordan. Jordan proved he could win a championship with anyone in his prime. LeBron needs an All Star team around him to get to the finals, in a league with token defense and diluted talent no less.

I think we can agree Jordan has a larger competitive drive than LeBron does. However, if Jordan were allowed to choose his teammates, he would have as I have stated.

Jordan played with one of the best players of his generation as well (Pippen). Pippen was not just some All-Star. Free agency is king in the NBA as is ring chasing now for many players. So of course players will want to play with the best player in the league, especially when San Antonio is an exclusive club thats difficult to get in on given what they have going there, OKC refuses to spend money, and is in the shit show of the west anyways. So players will flock to the east, they're also asked to join the team by LeBron.

Johnnyt237

Liked Posts:
Point is Jordan didn't need two other players on or close to his level to win. And Rodman was a poison pill the Spurs gave him away. Jason Caffey & Jud Bushler what a star combo.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
I think we can agree Jordan has a larger competitive drive than LeBron does. However, if Jordan were allowed to choose his teammates, he would have as I have stated.

Jordan played with one of the best players of his generation as well (Pippen). Pippen was not just some All-Star. Free agency is king in the NBA as is ring chasing now for many players. So of course players will want to play with the best player in the league, especially when San Antonio is an exclusive club thats difficult to get in on given what they have going there, OKC refuses to spend money, and is in the shit show of the west anyways. So players will flock to the east, they're also asked to join the team by LeBron.

All star players want to pick their teammates... LeBron is the only player allowed to do so, and it's unprecedented. Furthermore, the players you mentioned that Jordan wanted to play with weren't stars. He didn't get Barkley or Malone in Chicago. He got got a few good role players, and that's it. Scottie Pippen is the truth, we're lucky he was a Bull. But we also know he won jack and shit after '98. Again, Scottie is one of the greatest of all times, but he earned that distinction under MJs purview.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Fuck Lebron. This isn't about a team signing some veteran players joining him in order to get a ring before their careers are over. It is about the collusion among NBA superstars. And the comparison to Jordan and company is a bunch of BS. Jordan didn't dictate to management the way Lebron does. Pretty much no one wanted Rodman when they brought him in. Hell, some of the Bulls hated the guy. Pippin, they traded in the draft to get him. In other words, they built a team via the draft while adding a few veteran fringe guys. Fuck Lebron.

I don't know if you are 50, but you are definitely in Los Angeles...and don't know shit about Bulls history. Jordan recruited AGAINST management. Jordan took players out to dinner and tried to bring them to Chicago. Jordan recruited Rodman during Space Jam before that trade was made. NOBODY wanted to win more than Jordan did. If it was up to Jordan...he would have run that team. Krause paid him no mind...but trust me, Jordan was very aggressive in trying to make the team better and very aggressive in letting Krause know he sucked as a GM.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
All star players want to pick their teammates... LeBron is the only player allowed to do so, and it's unprecedented. Furthermore, the players you mentioned that Jordan wanted to play with weren't stars. He didn't get Barkley or Malone in Chicago. He got got a few good role players, and that's it. Scottie Pippen is the truth, we're lucky he was a Bull. But we also know he won jack and shit after '98. Again, Scottie is one of the greatest of all times, but he earned that distinction under MJs purview.

Wait...what teammates did he pick? Wade and Bosh? Love? If anything, they chose him. Love didn't have to come to Cleveland. According to some nimrods on this board...Love didn't like Lebron. You mad because Lebron is THE player other stars want to play with because of his game? Stars in the past have picked teammates, had teammates traded, gotten coaches fired, gotten coaches hired...etc. It is a star driven league and has been for a while.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Wait...what teammates did he pick? Wade and Bosh? Love? If anything, they chose him. Love didn't have to come to Cleveland. According to some nimrods on this board...Love didn't like Lebron. You mad because Lebron is THE player other stars want to play with because of his game? Stars in the past have picked teammates, had teammates traded, gotten coaches fired, gotten coaches hired...etc. It is a star driven league and has been for a while.

You on that bullshit if you seriously think LeBron had nothing to do with Wiggins getting traded. Are you his baby mama?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He tried like hell to. Krause ignored him.

How do you know that? I never heard that. I'm not saying you are wrong but other than the fact that Pippin and Jordan hated Kukoc when they brought him in, I didn't hear it.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Rodman was a GREAT PLAYER. Please do not minimize him. Without him, the Bulls do not win those three championships.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
You on that bullshit if you seriously think LeBron had nothing to do with Wiggins getting traded. Are you his baby mama?

No but Houheffna is LBJ's gay lover. Dude is obsessed with his package.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
No but Houheffna is LBJ's gay lover. Dude is obsessed with his package.

there you go talking about Brons manpart again

i think you're the thats obsessed with it the way you keep talking about it

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
[video=youtube;g7VfwGdSGuU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=g7VfwGdSGuU[/video]
:marshmallow::elephant::facepalm2::rofl::turrible: :puke:

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
[video=youtube;g7VfwGdSGuU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=g7VfwGdSGuU[/video]
:marshmallow::elephant::facepalm2::rofl::turrible: :puke:

Houheffna is somewhere in the back checking LBJ's moves out right?