Cavs Sign Marion

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
theres not one person on this board that would not support LeBron if he was recruiting all these guys to the Bulls

yeah it sucks that we're possibly gonna get shut out by Bron & friends once again but i cant be mad at him for wanting the best team around him

Not everyone wants to suck LeBron's dick just because he's the best basketball player. For some of you, that's the only thing that matters.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
I wouldn't. And no, I'm not joking. As a 35 year Bulls & NBA fan, I hate everything he and players like him stand for. If he were with the Bulls, I'd feel dirty rooting for him, let alone watching him win titles the way he does for a team I used to love with all my heart. I'm going to have a hard enough time stomaching McDermott after he abandoned my alma mater to lead a conference rival to glory and become one of the top scorers in NCAA history.

I think you nailed the differences between MJ and LeBron perfectly in an earlier thread. I'm starting to see the considerable gap between the fans as well. Character is simply not as important to today's fans as it once was, which is unfortunate.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Who do you want taking the last shot

Curry or Lebron?
Durant or Lebron?
Bryant or Lebron?
Harden or Lebron?
Duncan or Lebron?

I mean.....thats why Jordan is the best ever and Lebron can never be in that conversation....because you can never question Jordan. There are probably 20 players you would pick for a final shot in the NBA right now over Lebron....but with Jordan you are again in the conversation for most desired player to take final shot of all time.

Thats just the way I look at it....Lebron is more gifted than Jordan physically, but he isn't anywhere near as good yet at winning, or teaching his team championship mentality. He had to learn championship mentality from Wade, now lets see if he can teach it to Kyrie, Love, Waiters, and Varijaou

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Curry or Lebron?
Durant or Lebron?
Bryant or Lebron?
Harden or Lebron?
Duncan or Lebron?

Curry vs. LeBron - depends on the situation. Wide open: Curry. With defender(s) in his face: LeBron
Durant vs. LeBron - Durant
Kobe vs. LeBron - Kobe is one of the most overrated "clutch players". He had a couple of years in his prime when he was just ultra clutch. And ever since then, all he did was jack up shots.
Harden vs. LeBron - tough choice and depends on the situation
Duncan vs. LeBron - LeBron

You left out Melo, too.

But LeBron is pretty easily one of the top 5 players in NBA history. And while he isn't as clutch as Jordan, Larry, or Reggie, he's still had his clutch moments. Like, for instance, when he scored 29 of the last 30 points in Game 5 of the 2007 ECF for the Cavs against the Pistons. Or in the 2008 playoffs against the Celtics when he single-handedly kept Cleveland in Game 7. Or Game 6 of the 2012 ECF against the Celtics, down 3-2. Or Game 7 of the NBA Finals against the Spurs in 2013.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:

Curry or Lebron?
Durant or Lebron?
Bryant or Lebron?
Harden or Lebron?
Duncan or Lebron?

I mean.....thats why Jordan is the best ever and Lebron can never be in that conversation....because you can never question Jordan. There are probably 20 players you would pick for a final shot in the NBA right now over Lebron....but with Jordan you are again in the conversation for most desired player to take final shot of all time.

Thats just the way I look at it....Lebron is more gifted than Jordan physically, but he isn't anywhere near as good yet at winning, or teaching his team championship mentality. He had to learn championship mentality from Wade, now lets see if he can teach it to Kyrie, Love, Waiters, and Varijaou

LOL! And I guess Jordan was born with it? Not taught by anybody, like say...Phil Jackson? That is MUCH more believable than Wade teaching Lebron about having a championship mentality. Wade didn't win until he got arguably the best center in the game playing with him.

If Lebron learned anything from Wade, its how to play selfish basketball on the court when other superstars are on your team...

I don't think you thought out your first point. 15 years ago...if you asked ANY Bulls fan who they'd rather take the last shot...Kukoc or Pippen...most would say Kukoc. Ask them who the better player was....they would say Pippen. The guy who hits the most clutch shots isn't necessarily the better player. Not only did you broach a subject that wasn't touched on this thread...but your premise was bad. I can't think of a PF I'd rather take the last shot than Dirk Nowitzki. That said, is he the greatest PF ever? I don't think so.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
I think you nailed the differences between MJ and LeBron perfectly in an earlier thread. I'm starting to see the considerable gap between the fans as well. Character is simply not as important to today's fans as it once was, which is unfortunate.

Lol at referencing character to compare MJ and Lebron...I haven't read about Lebron fraternizing with referees...haven't heard about any domestic problems, gambling, punching teammates...imagine if LBJ brought out the first "If I could be like Bron" commercial...how many of you would call him arrogant and a narcissist for doing it?

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
LOL! And I guess Jordan was born with it? Not taught by anybody, like say...Phil Jackson? That is MUCH more believable than Wade teaching Lebron about having a championship mentality. Wade didn't win until he got arguably the best center in the game playing with him.

If Lebron learned anything from Wade, its how to play selfish basketball on the court when other superstars are on your team...

I don't think you thought out your first point. 15 years ago...if you asked ANY Bulls fan who they'd rather take the last shot...Kukoc or Pippen...most would say Kukoc. Ask them who the better player was....they would say Pippen. The guy who hits the most clutch shots isn't necessarily the better player. Not only did you broach a subject that wasn't touched on this thread...but your premise was bad. I can't think of a PF I'd rather take the last shot than Dirk Nowitzki. That said, is he the greatest PF ever? I don't think so.

:gtfo:

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Lol at referencing character to compare MJ and Lebron...I haven't read about Lebron fraternizing with referees...haven't heard about any domestic problems, gambling, punching teammates...imagine if LBJ brought out the first "If I could be like Bron" commercial...how many of you would call him arrogant and a narcissist for doing it?

Dude, you're fucking blind as a bat when it comes to LeBron James. You basically ignore everything he does because he can play basketball.

MJ's private life and public life are two separate entities. In his public life, the one we all know about, MJ was the epitome of hard work, COMMITTMENT, excellence and stability. Not just for himself, but for his teammates, his coaches and most of all, CHICAGO BULLS FANS. MJ's private life is his fucking business as long as he's not hurting anyone or engaging in illegal activities. I could care less if he cheated on his wife or punched a teammate in the locker room during a heated moment. Shit happens, we're all human. But when you take the game hostage simply to build your legacy and elevate yourself like LeBron has, you open yourself to criticism. When you turn your back on fanbases, use your power and influence to destroy teams, undermine GMs and get away with acting like an idiot on the court, I'm not going to buy into your PR bullshit. A highly polished turd is still a turd.

We've been through this A HUNDRED times on this website. I am sick and tired of people making excuses for LeBron by pointing to Michael and Kobe.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Seems like a lot of salty people basically because LeBron is using his power to essentially be a player GM. I say more power to him.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:

I am not going to argue this point with you because...you think Magic Johnson was a forward. So...yeah...I can prove you wrong but...you think Magic Johnson played forward homeboy. You exposed yourself right there.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Dude, you're fucking blind as a bat when it comes to LeBron James. You basically ignore everything he does because he can play basketball.

MJ's private life and public life are two separate entities. In his public life, the one we all know about, MJ was the epitome of hard work, COMMITTMENT, excellence and stability. Not just for himself, but for his teammates, his coaches and most of all, CHICAGO BULLS FANS. MJ's private life is his fucking business as long as he's not hurting anyone or engaging in illegal activities. I could care less if he cheated on his wife or punched a teammate in the locker room during a heated moment. Shit happens, we're all human. But when you take the game hostage simply to build your legacy and elevate yourself like LeBron has, you open yourself to criticism. When you turn your back on fanbases, use your power and influence to destroy teams, undermine GMs and get away with acting like an idiot on the court, I'm not going to buy into your PR bullshit. A highly polished turd is still a turd.

We've been through this A HUNDRED times on this website. I am sick and tired of people making excuses for LeBron by pointing to Michael and Kobe.

Bulls fans most of all huh? What are you...12? Jordan cared about winning...that's it. Family and fans were taken care of. He loved competition. You can ignore that he was a raging asshole if you want...YOU brought up character. For obvious reasons, we can assume that you don't know shit about the NBA and its history. That said, you can't have it both ways. Don't bring up character and then talk about how its these players' personal business when instances are brought up that shows their lack of character. Jordan punches a teammate when he is damn near 35...he's human. Lebron does this decision crap at 25...unforgivable! That is YOUR world.

You can continue to write Jordan's obit. His being the epitome of hard work and committment and yada, yada, yada. Jordan looks out for Jordan. If you don't believe me...check out his stance as a player during the 1998 strike and his stance as an owner during the last CBA negotiations. Lebron took a stance against racism in the NBA. Jordan wouldn't stand against the blatantly racist Senator in North Carolina because "Republicans buy shoes too". The problem here is, you see what YOU want to see. And that's trouble.

I ignore everything Lebron does...which ain't much of nothing...because he can play basketball? You are right...I did that with all of them. Jordan, Kobe, etc. Lebron dancing on the court makes him different from other players who did the same? Like Shaquille O'Neal? I would take Shaq on my team.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
So, because MJ was an arrogant douchebag, that gives LeBron the right to be the same way? What does one person have to do with the other? Oh, because I'm a Bulls fan, I'm supposed to stick up for MJ at every turn and say that LeBron's being a narcissisitic ass is okay? If I had known half of what I know now about Michael Jordan while he was playing that I do now that his career is over and have had time to reflect and study the man further, I may not have loved those Bulls teams the way I did.

Anyway, it's my opinion - I don't understand why it's necessary for anyone here to try to convince me otherwise and why anyone would need to tell me how I should feel about the man. Keep on kissing his ass, I guess - I'm not going to - never liked him since he was an entitled high school player, and I probably never will. I'm 42 years old, and I don't like what the NBA has become; it's not the style of basketball I grew up watching, and it's become incredibly boring - and I'll readily admit that MJ plays a part in the league going that direction in the first place - focusing on the "I" rather than the team. What you get when the league endorses that is a handful of teams that have a superstar (or 3) that compete, and a vast multitude that are just "there" (Minnesota, New Orleans, Charlotte, etc.) that will never win anything. I'll just keep enjoying when teams play beautifully together as a unit with everyone filling a role and are masterfully coached (Spurs), and keep denying LeBron and his "entourage" another title.

the reality is pretty much all players are like that....so as hue said maybe you should stop watching

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
How long did Lebron James struggle in Cleveland? Where was his young nucleus...where was his Pippen, Grant, Phil Jackson, etc? Jordan had a HOF caliber general manager putting those teams together. How long was Lebron James supposed to wait? The second best player on the team was Mo Williams for crying out loud!

But my question is...did you want Lebron to come to Chicago?

You're missing the whole point of what I said. It's not a matter of the GM's or coaches at all. It's about overall attitude. There's a reason MJ had the killer instinct and there's a reason why I feel LeBron does not. That's what I am getting at. He doesn't have that same competitive drive for greatness. I have no doubt in my mind that if LeBron was like MJ in that regard, he would end his career as the GOAT. As it currently stands, I don't see him overtaking MJ atop the NBA throne.

And yes, of course I'd want the best player in the NBA playing for my home team. I'm not "basketball Special person". :smug:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So LeBron doesn't have the killer instinct but yet he abandoned Cleveland for Miami in order to win pissing off his hometown and then abandoned Miami for Cleveland because he knew he stood a better chance winning in Cleveland?

I would think someone with a killer instinct would do exactly that. Forget about loyalties, friends, hometown, etc. and do whatever is in his best interest to fucking win.

Johnnyt237

Liked Posts:
The difference in players is simple. There is a certain pride in beating your buddies and having bragging rights and being cutthroat that Jordan had that Lebron and other stars don't have. It's a lets all eat mentality while Jordan was the Alpha Dog, and it was a I eat and no one else does mentality. And he took pride in just killing his contempories championship dreams. Lebron? These players now, I don't see that.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Bulls fans most of all huh? What are you...12? Jordan cared about winning...that's it. Family and fans were taken care of. He loved competition. You can ignore that he was a raging asshole if you want...YOU brought up character. For obvious reasons, we can assume that you don't know shit about the NBA and its history. That said, you can't have it both ways. Don't bring up character and then talk about how its these players' personal business when instances are brought up that shows their lack of character. Jordan punches a teammate when he is damn near 35...he's human. Lebron does this decision crap at 25...unforgivable! That is YOUR world.

You can continue to write Jordan's obit. His being the epitome of hard work and committment and yada, yada, yada. Jordan looks out for Jordan. If you don't believe me...check out his stance as a player during the 1998 strike and his stance as an owner during the last CBA negotiations. Lebron took a stance against racism in the NBA. Jordan wouldn't stand against the blatantly racist Senator in North Carolina because "Republicans buy shoes too". The problem here is, you see what YOU want to see. And that's trouble.

I ignore everything Lebron does...which ain't much of nothing...because he can play basketball? You are right...I did that with all of them. Jordan, Kobe, etc. Lebron dancing on the court makes him different from other players who did the same? Like Shaquille O'Neal? I would take Shaq on my team.

WTF does LeBron's decision have to do with MJ allegedly punching a teammate? Nothing. Your whole damn argument is b.s.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
the reality is pretty much all players are like that....so as hue said maybe you should stop watching

Your statement is false. There are no players like LeBron. Think about what you just said.

Johnnyt237

Liked Posts:
I am not going to argue this point with you because...you think Magic Johnson was a forward. So...yeah...I can prove you wrong but...you think Magic Johnson played forward homeboy. You exposed yourself right there.

You can't because you've got MJ's game winner after game winner vs. Utah including the Flu game going against you. Added tooo basically every defining MJ moment leading up to game six of the 1998 finals that cemented his legacy.