CCS Weather Thread (STORMS?)

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We started at 55 degrees and will end at 20. Have a break in the wind tomorrow morning for a beer run.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Today totally sucked. Icy in the morning. Bout fell on my ass taking the garbage to the curb. Flurries all day and cold as fuck + wind

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Interesting day today. Was out with my brother when everyone’s phone in the bar went off with a tornado in the area. 30 seconds later wife calls and says she’s in the basement with the baby. I’m 5 min from home so I haul ass home getting pelted with hail, rain, wind. As I’m pulling in it goes completely calm. I’m thinking oh fuck that’s not good. Get inside and hunker down while watching the news that puts the tornado right in our path.

I head upstairs to peak out the window lookin south, see my neighbors in the street and then I can see it south of me but far enough away. Tore through an area about 12 miles south of me and kept moving northeast. Completely leveled some homes

JimAKABlkhwks918

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Interesting day today. Was out with my brother when everyone’s phone in the bar went off with a tornado in the area. 30 seconds later wife calls and says she’s in the basement with the baby. I’m 5 min from home so I haul ass home getting pelted with hail, rain, wind. As I’m pulling in it goes completely calm. I’m thinking oh fuck that’s not good. Get inside and hunker down while watching the news that puts the tornado right in our path.

I head upstairs to peak out the window lookin south, see my neighbors in the street and then I can see it south of me but far enough away. Tore through an area about 12 miles south of me and kept moving northeast. Completely leveled some homes
Six people died...4 kids ?

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:

Glad to hear you were safe. I heard it hit near your city and wondered how close it was to you. obviously too close for comfort.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Damn. Glad you’re safe. Not to be an insensitive prick…. But did you get any pictures?

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Tornadoes are fucking scary. I'd take hurricanes over tornadoes hands down. Granted a hurricane will do a lot more damage because they are huge and go on for days, but at least you know that shit is coming well in advance. You're probably not gonna die in a hurricane unless you're being dumb.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I hope last night was my last drive home in the snow for many months to come.
About 30mph behind a plow for a few miles before it turned off, then unplowed "what side of the road am I on?" conditions the rest of the way.
Not necessarily dangerous but stressful enough.
Fuck that shit!

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I hope last night was my last drive home in the snow for many months to come.
About 30mph behind a plow for a few miles before it turned off, then unplowed "what side of the road am I on?" conditions the rest of the way.
Not necessarily dangerous but stressful enough.
Fuck that shit!
Saving gas money by going slow, nice

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
71 and sunny so shorts no shirt on the deck. Beautiful day. About 4 beers in and staying away from news for a few hrs.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
71 and sunny so shorts no shirt on the deck. Beautiful day. About 4 beers in and staying away from news for a few hrs.
when you matriculate to Jose, please refrain from suggesting people to ban, k?

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

Fucking crazy. I remember I was at work when one touched down close to us but it never made it our way, thankfully. I remember we locked the doors and all the customers that stayed came with us into the break room and a customer asked me if it would hold up and I looked at her and said, "Looks like we're about to find out." LOL, i don't think she liked my answer.