Votes: 1 1.0%
  • No idea!

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Who was the poster that gave the Bears a 90% chance of winning, he's not drinking the koolaid, he's drowning in it

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Tampa has a better defense than we do.

We have potentially the worst slot corner/FS in the league right now and no Nose Tackle.

If we blitz and the packers play it right, its going to the house.

Such a shame that you can literally nowadays classify eddie jackson as one of the worst free safeties in the NFL. How the mighty have fallen.

Wait a minute, you think Eddie may be the worst FS in the NFL? I know we're all unhappy that Eddie isn't playing up to his contract this year but he's far from being the worst FS in the league. He's still a good player but just isn't playing like we're used to him playing this year and has actually had some bad plays by missing tackles and not creating turnovers.

10veitout

Quack quack 🦆
Liked Posts:
20% chance to me.

That involves mitch coming out and playing the game of his life. It's possible, but not probable.

The packers defense is mediocre, and their gameplan is very predictable. They will go all out to stop monty, then play zone on 3rd down.

It's worked every time against mitch besides one game in 2018. If mitch can put his big boy pants on and make the packers pay for stacking the box on first and 2nd down, this could become a close game...I just don't see it.

Also, this defense is giving up 30+ to Aaron.

Our D is top 15, and ranked worse then it actually is due to being in early prevent.

Other then that, yep, that will be the plan. Trubisky will have to play alot better then Tannehill, hopefully it snows, what's the forecast at Soldier?

10veitout

Quack quack 🦆
Liked Posts:
Tampa bay blitzed the hell out of Rodgers, and they won the game

Did the blitz alot? I was under the impression they were winning with their front 4 and covering.

Good luck getting the early season FL heat to Soldier.

mecha

Liked Posts:
Infer much? Please show me where I said it was ONLY a disadvantage for CHI. I'll not hold my breath.

-Bears OL is worse than GB. Poor traction exaggerates this.
-Bears rely on run game more than GB, who has AR12's elite ass to pass all day if he needs.
-Mack & Quinn bend more than most. This has been discussed in other threads. Quinn had only 2 sacks last season NOT on turf.
-Bears DBs are known for giving too much cushion AND for closing too fast/bad angles = missed tackles. Part coaching, part bad play. Give up repeated throws with cushions well past the sticks & allow occasional short slants/outs into big gains.

Yes, these are factors for the Bears. I never said these only affected CHI. Just that it hurts them being at home despite most assumptions of a "home field advantage".

no it's factually proven that out of all the injuries and bullshit nonsense, and "Bear weather", the Bears are affected more than the other teams they play.

wklink

CBMB refugee
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I say 40%. I'm sure the Packers want the bye but that is all the team is really playing for. Now that Goff is out the Bears will probably have to win to get into the playoffs. So motivation is on the Bears's. I think that the Packers will play hard but probably won't do anything fancy just because there is still an outside chance that they end up playing Chicago the next week if the Bears win and the Packers don't get homefield. I'm sure there is also concern about injury in a game where the stakes are high, but a serious injury to a key player could be really high.

That being said Green Bay should win this game. There is motivation for knocking Chicago out of the playoffs. There are people that remember what happened when the Bears didn't do that in 2010 and how that backfired on Chicago. Green Bay OWNS Chicago and has since the mid 90s. And lets face it, right now they are a better team.

But we will find out how motivated the Bears really are. If they go out and lay a big goose egg at home, against their supposed rivals, then we really know what kind of team this is.

BeerFan

Liked Posts:
Bears need to roll the dice and blitz at least 25% of the time to have a shot at winning. Need to pressure Rodgers. Best to blitz on 1st or 2nd down.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Huh? WTF is going on around here today? Fuller is playing great this year and is still one of the hardest hitting starting CB's in the NFL.
You would think the Bears had the 32nd ranked D the way ppl on here talk. Even tho in reality they are top 10 or maybe 11 per stats.

JUSTFINGWIN

Liked Posts:
Everyone’s talking about pressuring and disrupting Rodgers and that’s a given but if we don’t stop/contain this now two headed rushing attack in Jones and Dillion...we are cooked.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Listening to the Wanny video here on the top of the forum, his advice to Pagano is make them go 10,11 play drives.. guess what they did last time? SMH

1609452780143.png

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
I mean, they have a chance, but not a good one. The defense can't shit the bed like they did a few weeks ago against them, and Trubisky can't give GB extra possessions on offense by turning it over and throwing into triple coverage...

The way the Bears win is by running the ball, extending drives, converting FG's into TD's, and getting enough pressure on Rodgers with the defense to keep the game from getting away from them before the offense even has a chance.

The last game, they couldn't stick with the run, because they got down so early in the game, and then Mitch started forcing throws downfield, which is basically like offering free candy to a defense. I'm more confident in the offense to at least be competent, but I am not at all convinced the defense can uphold their end of the bargain. We'll see..

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
You know it's not actually spelled like it's..
football-fanatic-d-fence-custom-laser-die-cut-106.jpg

It's spelt defense.

Just sayin...LOL
I click the first one that pops up on the word typy do hicky on my keyboard on my phone homeboy i dont have enuff spare time ta type whole words an shiat im busy af winning irl

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Our D is top 15, and ranked worse then it actually is due to being in early prevent.

Other then that, yep, that will be the plan. Trubisky will have to play alot better then Tannehill, hopefully it snows, what's the forecast at Soldier?
Cold but no snow

Brownie

Liked Posts:

....I hope, but staying cautiously optimistic until Nagy and/or Pagano prove that they won't shit themselves when it counts.

I fear that the former will try to mettle and micromanage the Offense to death and the latter will under prepare the D.

Dstone5553

Liked Posts:
How tired of we of hearing about the confidence Trubisky has now, how great his practices were, how he's speaking up more. how much better mentally he is now and on and on. Seems like we've been hearing that for 3 years.

GB isn't going to have the PI calls that Jacksonville had last week, he's going to have to avoid making those dumb decisions he seems like he can't help but make. Honestly, it feels like he HAS to make them, like it's just part of his DNA.

Man, I hope he plays the game of his life but you'd have to be out of your mind to think he'll win this game for us.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
@Jamais Vu @zack54attack Can you please change this to a public poll?

Thanks
Yeah, i always make this a public poll, not sure how I missed it. But at least the 'members/staff' who sometimes hack the polls wouldn't hack this one, cause who gives a rip what the results are, right?