Chase Daniel and Trey Wingo destroying narratives regarding Justin fields

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Main points:

Chase Daniel says most of the year Luke getsy called an offense that wasn't suited for Justin Fields' talents.

Said that right now Justin is playing like a top 10 quarterback in the league.

Said if people are being honest with themselves, you don't know what you have in any college quarterback when it comes to the NFL, but the fact that Justin is playing high level right now makes it really hard on Ryan poles.

Also makes the statement that the majority of people in the media who played NFL ball are on the keep Fields bandwagon.

Trey chimed in and destroyed the narrative comparison regarding those who compare keeping fields to the Jets keeping Zach Wilson ( something I've heard a couple times from the fields haters on this forum).

Last edited:

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Fozzie Land, Muppet City, The Former US of A
The decision would be much easier if fields didn't look like ass early in the season, and if Caleb would've had another season like he did last year.

how early? Denver and Washington?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Main points:

Chase Daniel says most of the year Luke getsy called an offense that wasn't suited for Justin Fields' talents.

Said if people are being honest with themselves, you don't know what you have in any college quarterback when it comes to the NFL, but the fact that Justin is playing high level right now makes it really hard on Ryan poles.

Also makes the statement that the majority of people in the media who played NFL ball are on the keep Fields bandwagon.

Trey chimed in and destroyed the narrative comparison regarding those who compare keeping fields to the Jets keeping Zach Wilson ( something I've heard a couple times from the fields haters on this forum).
I'm not against keeping Fields but please, please, link a recent comparison of Fields to Wilson. If not, lube that ass because your pulling out some whoppers.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Watch all these takes go back the other way tomorrow evening...

Well, I should say if Fields doesn't play well, the blame will be back on the play calling, offensive line, WR drops or "never open."

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I can see all sides, but the “You don’t know what you have in a college player” is the laziest damn take when talking about whether to move on from someone.

Is there ever a circumstance when a team should ever draft any player ever?

After all, most drafted players bust.
After all, we’ve seen later drafted players succeed, so why draft toward the top?
After all, I’m scared that this guy won’t be as good.

It’s your job to get the evaluation right, so get the evaluation right.

If you think one of the QBs in this draft can be better than Fields, draft him. If not, don’t.

It’s your job to find Mahomes and pass on Trubisky.

It’s your job to find Stroud and pass on Young.

Enough with being scared that guys won’t work out. It’s the Bears’ brass fucking job to get this shit right. And “We don’t know what this guy will be” doesn’t cut it.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
I'm not against keeping Fields but please, please, link a recent comparison of Fields to Wilson. If not, lube that ass because your pulling out some whoppers.
Yeah I can't even remember a comparison last year let alone this year. At least not here. 2021 sure when they were both rookies.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
I can see all sides, but the “You don’t know what you have in a college player” is the laziest damn take when talking about whether to move on from someone.

After all, we’ve seen later drafted players succeed, so why draft toward the top?

If you think one of the QBs in this draft can be better than Fields, draft him. If not, don’t.

Enough with being scared that guys won’t work out. It’s the Bears’ brass fucking job to get this shit right. And “We don’t know what this guy will be” doesn’t cut it.
All these meatballs will magically turn into Caleb Williams super-fans, who never questioned his ability, wanted him all along - and of course - saw that Justin wasn't the guy DURING year three.

If we draft Williams, the backpedaling will begin. It might be right after he holds up that Bears jersey during the draft or when he throws his first TD...but it will happen.

I'd specifically @ the biggest offenders, but I'd get banned for a call-out, even when I've seen mods do call-outs.

msadows

Liked Posts:
All these meatballs will magically turn into Caleb Williams super-fans, who never questioned his ability, wanted him all along - and of course - saw that Justin wasn't the guy DURING year three.

If we draft Williams, the backpedaling will begin. It might be right after he holds up that Bears jersey during the draft or when he throws his first TD...but it will happen.

I'd specifically @ the biggest offenders, but I'd get banned for a call-out, even when I've seen mods do call-outs.

calm down child, no one would be mad if the bears draft caleb.

There will be tantrums thrown if they stick with fields, by you specifically.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

It’s not just if a QB can be simply better than Fields. It’s how much better can he be. Can that QB be better than Fields plus a treasure chest of 1st round picks? It’s not as simple as just being better than Fields, which shouldn’t be difficult. It’s can he this said QB be exponentially better and be in the upper tier of QB’s for the next 10+ years. In another necro’ed thread, @greg23 was saying QB Lawrence was “generational.” Which if the next QB is simply another Lawrence, then this would be a failure if they didn’t trade for picks.

msadows

Liked Posts:
It’s not just if a QB can be simply better than Fields. It’s how much better can he be. Can that QB be better than Fields plus a treasure chest of 1st round picks? It’s not as simple as just being better than Fields, which shouldn’t be difficult. It’s can he this said QB be exponentially better and be in the upper tier of QB’s for the next 10+ years. In another necro’ed thread, @greg23 was saying QB Lawrence was “generational.” Which if the next QB is simply another Lawrence, then this would be a failure if they didn’t trade for picks.

If you search through most of these guys post histories(including yours truly) you will find people slobbing on Zach Wilsons knob due to his great arm. You will also find a bunch of people saying the 2017 draft is total ass and that 2018 is where all the true talent is.

greg23

Liked Posts:
I'd keep the qb who's career has proven him to be in the 20th+ to 30th+ ranked qb in every passing metric

He just needs better wr, te, oline, oc, hc and weather.....oh....and a rules change to make game 3q not 4q since he somehow becomes even worse in the final 15 mins

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I'd keep the qb who's career has proven him to be in the 20th+ to 30th+ ranked qb in every passing metric

He just needs better wr, te, oline, oc, hc and weather.....oh....and a rules change to make game 3q not 4q since he somehow becomes even worse in the final 15 mins
Here’s an example on how to be annoying and add zero value to a discussion

mbison

Liked Posts:

Main points:

Fields is toast. Do you really think the Bears want to pay 40-50 million a year to a QB that runs 10-12 times a game? Fields has already missed 10 games in 2 1/2 years. This is a Daniel jones situation all over again if they Bears pass on Williams.

I watched the video. Chase Daniel’s just said if they build around Fields he can be a top 10-15 QB. Who the heck wants that? That’s his ceiling? Being average????

I want an elite QB for once. Bears deserve it. Caleb can be a top 5 QB. I’ll take my chances with greatness vs mediocrity for a few years until fields body breaks down from injury from running the football

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

As always, you missed the point.

jive

Liked Posts:
I think where a comparison should be made is between MHJ and Williams, since we have the ability to draft either.

Who is really a generational talent between these 2? Who played better against tougher competition? Who has the physical and athletic measurables? Who is more likely to make an immediate impact on the team leading to more wins?

When you look at it that way, I think the answer is obvious.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Here’s an example on how to be annoying and add zero value to a discussion
It’s quite a talent. Imagine simping for Trevor “generational” Lawrence. If QB is #1, he better be the next Mahomes. Or at least top 5

msadows

Liked Posts:
I think where a comparison should be made is between MHJ and Williams, since we have the ability to draft either.

Who is really a generational talent between these 2? Who played better against tougher competition? Who has the physical and athletic measurables? Who is more likely to make an immediate impact on the team leading to more wins?

When you look at it that way, I think the answer is obvious.

I also like MHJ cause he reminds me of the guy from DBZ