Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
His clear improvement since week 11 still lands him in the 20's and 30's for all qb passing metrics
A simpleton like you can only look at stats for your proof.

inchibearfan

Liked Posts:
You seriously think Wash or NE would give up the 2nd or 3rd overall for Fields PLUS next year's first? I still don't see any team giving Chi more than a 2nd for Fields unless they throw in a late round pick too. If Wash or NE would be dumb enough to make that trade, I would trade Fields in a NY minute and take Williams. I wouldn't think twice on that.
No I don't think they would. A 2nd rd pick most likely. The fact that they would not speaks to what these organizations think of Fields. A top QB being traded easily nets multiple first round picks. Which Fields is nowhere close to.

Last edited:

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
How about this?
Rogers was drafted when GB had Favre.
Love was drafted when GB had Rogers.
Why not draft Caleb and let him 'learn', ala Rogers and Love for a year or two?
The salary cost for a rookie QB is minimal.
Fields cost next year is minimal.
We can then trade whomever we want after a year or two.
This is how you know someone is football stupid.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I go back to something the Sun-Times’ Jason Lieser often says: “Don’t be content with ‘Bears good’.”

This franchise has been so impotent for so long, that they have conditioned the fans to believe it’s impossible to be great. It’s impossible to have a great quarterback. It’s impossible to be a perennial playoff team. It’s impossible to win multiple Super Bowls.

So just be happy with “nominally better,” dammit!

Look around that league at the number of teams who have lapped the Bears time and time again—teams who were even shittier than the Bears, then went on a run to the Super Bowl, then went back to being shittier than the Bears, then went back to being regular playoff teams, at least for a time.

The list is long.

But Bears fans are convinced that’s impossible, even though almost every other NFL team has done it. Most NFL teams have had at least a very good quarterback at some point over the last 20 years. Almost every other NFL team has had a multi-year effort of being good at some point in the last few decades.

But the Bears have a good season once every 6-8 years and fizzle out in the playoffs, and we’re supposed to just accept it as good enough when the next once-or-twice-a-decade playoff run rolls around?

No. I want great. It’s not impossible.

Or the perpetual rebuilds that take years to complete.
Or systems that are so complicated it will take a QB years to fully grasp.

No, none of it needs to be like this. These are all just excuses we're fed to get us to accept being worse than the Browns.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:

Main points:

Chase Daniel says most of the year Luke getsy called an offense that wasn't suited for Justin Fields' talents.

Said that right now Justin is playing like a top 10 quarterback in the league.

Said if people are being honest with themselves, you don't know what you have in any college quarterback when it comes to the NFL, but the fact that Justin is playing high level right now makes it really hard on Ryan poles.

Also makes the statement that the majority of people in the media who played NFL ball are on the keep Fields bandwagon.

Trey chimed in and destroyed the narrative comparison regarding those who compare keeping fields to the Jets keeping Zach Wilson ( something I've heard a couple times from the fields haters on this forum).
JF first 6 starts: 11tds 6int 200ypg 1-5 offense 22 ppg (btw 8 of those tds were in two gams.)
JF last 6 starts: 5tds 3int 202 ypg 4-2 offense 23ppg
Real improvement there folks. Its the defense. First 6 games gave up 29ppg and in the last 6 games 17ppg. Justin didnt improve he just didnt get much worse but the defense became elite not giving up a lot of points. Theyre the improvement that deserves the credit not JF. I wish it was the case but i cant reject reality.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Define “succeed”.

He will be good. He has a high floor.

Will he be a Super Bowl winner? Contender?
That's a good question. he could be a Super Bowl winner. If they build the roster, the cupboards pretty bare on offense...yes...there is more than last year. But Mooney checked out, and Tonyan didn't become a receiving threat opposite Kmet. This team needs more depth too. But if the Bears do that, they'll be contention. There are teams that have great QB play that still haven't been a contender. The Bills still haven't made the SB, The Chargers have Herbert and aren't contenders, Burrows got his team there, but they've struggled.

It just depends on whether the Bears want to start over with QB development. Most likely they'll have to wait another year to be contenders, especially if they retain Getsy.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Hey, if you can’t believe a 15-year vet who has thrown 100 NFL passes, who can you believe?

I don't know, maybe some internet rando who thinks he knows more than a guy who actually made it to the NFL and hung around?

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
JF first 6 starts: 11tds 6int 200ypg 1-5 offense 22 ppg (btw 8 of those tds were in two gams.)
JF last 6 starts: 5tds 3int 202 ypg 4-2 offense 23ppg
Real improvement there folks. Its the defense. First 6 games gave up 29ppg and in the last 6 games 17ppg. Justin didnt improve he just didnt get much worse but the defense became elite not giving up a lot of points. Theyre the improvement that deserves the credit not JF. I wish it was the case but i cant reject reality.

Oh, I think you're doing a fantastic job of rejecting reality...

A former NFL QB is telling you Justin Fields is improving and you're rejecting it.

Then you reject that you are rejecting it on top of that.

I'd say you actually have this whole rejecting reality thing down pat... :smug2:

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
Oh, I think you're doing a fantastic job of rejecting reality...

A former NFL QB is telling you Justin Fields is improving and you're rejecting it.

Then you reject that you are rejecting it on top of that.

I'd say you actually have this whole rejecting reality thing down pat... :smug2:
Your argument from authority has failed. You also failed to debunk and flat out ignored the FACTS i posted.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
All these meatballs will magically turn into Caleb Williams super-fans, who never questioned his ability, wanted him all along - and of course - saw that Justin wasn't the guy DURING year three.

If we draft Williams, the backpedaling will begin. It might be right after he holds up that Bears jersey during the draft or when he throws his first TD...but it will happen.

I'd specifically @ the biggest offenders, but I'd get banned for a call-out, even when I've seen mods do call-outs.
Cry about it then KYS bitch