Chase Daniel and Trey Wingo destroying narratives regarding Justin fields

jive

Liked Posts:
The people who say you can’t pick Williams because look at all the first round busts. Pay attention.

Who do you think the Bears should pick?
How about after making a good in-depth analysis that you conclude that he has a higher chance to bust than other prospects?

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I have only seen you say this.

I have seen some folks say that they should not replace fields because he is a known quantity with a known floor and the risk of Williams busting is too high. But you refuse to acknowledge this line of thinking.

I really think you're just arguing to argue. I know I am 🤣

I don't have an opinion on who they should draft.

Doesn’t surprise me, considering nothing you’ve said has made any sense. Have a good one 👋

Washington

Liked Posts:
If you take Williams with the first, trade Fields for this years first, next years first plus to Washington or NE for the 2nd or 3rd overall, you can still get MHJ. Those 2 teams both need a QB.

You seriously think Wash or NE would give up the 2nd or 3rd overall for Fields PLUS next year's first? I still don't see any team giving Chi more than a 2nd for Fields unless they throw in a late round pick too. If Wash or NE would be dumb enough to make that trade, I would trade Fields in a NY minute and take Williams. I wouldn't think twice on that.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
How about after making a good in-depth analysis that you conclude that he has a higher chance to bust than other prospects?
Nothing wrong with that, because that’s based on actual analysis of the player rather than saying you don’t trust your own analysis because most first rounders bust.

I’ve got no problem with someone who says their analysis of Williams leads them to believe he’ll be a bust. I disagree with them, but at least their reasoning is based on logic and not superstition.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
That’s not the question. The question is whether the GM should trust his own judgment and evaluation, which would seemingly be a non1controversial take, but hey, CCS.

I would say no because that is delusions of grandeur. If you can't accept your assessment could be wrong you are not making the proper assessments you are just believing your ego. That works as good as Martz thinking Hanie would be better than Cutler.

This isn't do we pick Williams or stick with Ortman. If you have nothing to lose other than the pick you go for it.
But Fields is not nothing that's why there's talk of being able to trade him for a 1st or 2nd.
This is option A vs option B (or option C but I think C is a stupid option).

You guys get this figured out yet?

Super Bowl for sure.

TL1961

Liked Posts:

Main points:

Chase Daniel says most of the year Luke getsy called an offense that wasn't suited for Justin Fields' talents.

Said that right now Justin is playing like a top 10 quarterback in the league.

Said if people are being honest with themselves, you don't know what you have in any college quarterback when it comes to the NFL, but the fact that Justin is playing high level right now makes it really hard on Ryan poles.

Also makes the statement that the majority of people in the media who played NFL ball are on the keep Fields bandwagon.

Trey chimed in and destroyed the narrative comparison regarding those who compare keeping fields to the Jets keeping Zach Wilson ( something I've heard a couple times from the fields haters on this forum).
Hey, if you can’t believe a 15-year vet who has thrown 100 NFL passes, who can you believe?

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Your stupid rant would make sense if the league MVP didnt also run 12+ times a game and have less than 4k passing yards.

Idiots need to stop looking at the stat box and look at the stress a player puts on an opposing defense. First downs and T.O.P is what you should be looking at.
Believe me, no opposing D has been stressed when they Bears and Fields tried mounting 4th quarter comebacks.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
How about this?
Rogers was drafted when GB had Favre.
Love was drafted when GB had Rogers.
Why not draft Caleb and let him 'learn', ala Rogers and Love for a year or two?
The salary cost for a rookie QB is minimal.
Fields cost next year is minimal.
We can then trade whomever we want after a year or two.
Because that would be the biggest waste of an opportunity of all time.

Well, since the Bears were coached by Ditka, anyway.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I would say no because that is delusions of grandeur. If you can't accept your assessment could be wrong you are not making the proper assessments you are just believing your ego. That works as good as Martz thinking Hanie would be better than Cutler.

This isn't do we pick Williams or stick with Ortman. If you have nothing to lose other than the pick you go for it.
But Fields is not nothing that's why there's talk of being able to trade him for a 1st or 2nd.
This is option A vs option B (or option C but I think C is a stupid option).

Super Bowl for sure.
Be the Texans, not the Panthers.

Be the Chiefs, not the Bears.

“It’s all luck” is a loser mentality. Do your job.

Reactions: Myk

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Yea, most of us fields fans won't be mad if they draft caleb and we will understand it.

I'l lalso root for fields to succeed wherever he goes next. Black Rainbow thinks we have some kind of grudge against williams.

In reality a lot of us know that fields is good enough to win with, and sure maybe caleb ends up much better, but if he's worse you will set the franchise back another decade.

With fields and those draft picks this is a playoff team 100% next year. You know what his floor is.
I will be ok if they decide to trade the pick for a haul.

They are choosing between two very enticing options.

But this is their opportunity to be more than a playoff team. Making the playoffs doesn’t make everything ok. They were alive to be a playoff team this year up until a week ago.

I want a true contender.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Probably Jim Plunkett, Bradshaw and to a lesser extent Alex Smith. The list is pretty short. Fields will most likely succeed somewhere whether the Bears choose to build around him or not
Define “succeed”.

He will be good. He has a high floor.

Will he be a Super Bowl winner? Contender?

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

But this is their opportunity to be more than a playoff team. Making the playoffs doesn’t make everything ok. They were alive to be a playoff team this year up until a week ago.

I want a true contender.

^^^^This

Toast88

Liked Posts:

I want a true contender.
I go back to something the Sun-Times’ Jason Lieser often says: “Don’t be content with ‘Bears good’.”

This franchise has been so impotent for so long, that they have conditioned the fans to believe it’s impossible to be great. It’s impossible to have a great quarterback. It’s impossible to be a perennial playoff team. It’s impossible to win multiple Super Bowls.

So just be happy with “nominally better,” dammit!

Look around that league at the number of teams who have lapped the Bears time and time again—teams who were even shittier than the Bears, then went on a run to the Super Bowl, then went back to being shittier than the Bears, then went back to being regular playoff teams, at least for a time.

The list is long.

But Bears fans are convinced that’s impossible, even though almost every other NFL team has done it. Most NFL teams have had at least a very good quarterback at some point over the last 20 years. Almost every other NFL team has had a multi-year effort of being good at some point in the last few decades.

But the Bears have a good season once every 6-8 years and fizzle out in the playoffs, and we’re supposed to just accept it as good enough when the next once-or-twice-a-decade playoff run rolls around?

No. I want great. It’s not impossible.

jive

Liked Posts:
I go back to something the Sun-Times’ Jason Lieser often says: “Don’t be content with ‘Bears good’.”

This franchise has been so impotent for so long, that they have conditioned the fans to believe it’s impossible to be great. It’s impossible to have a great quarterback. It’s impossible to be a perennial playoff team. It’s impossible to win multiple Super Bowls.

So just be happy with “nominally better,” dammit!

Look around that league at the number of teams who have lapped the Bears time and time again—teams who were even shittier than the Bears, then went on a run to the Super Bowl, then went back to being shittier than the Bears, then went back to being regular playoff teams, at least for a time.

The list is long.

But Bears fans are convinced that’s impossible, even though almost every other NFL team has done it. Almost every other NFL team has had at least a very good quarterback at some point over the last 20 years. Almost every other NFL team has had a multi-year effort of being good at some point in the last few decades.

But the Bears have a good season once every 6-8 years and fizzle out in the playoffs, and we’re supposed to just accept it as good enough when the next once-or-twice-a-decade playoff run rolls around?

No. I want great. It’s not impossible.
To be fair, some of us have seen the ownership dismantle a dynasty and continue to make bonehead decisions since the 80s. It's hard to be truly optimistic as long as we have the same ownership. I have thought it was possible since 1986, and continue to be optimistic. But it's hard to not have the blunders of ownership mar the psyche of the average fan.

I have witnessed with my own eyes at Soldier Field how great this team can be, and how it can energize the city.
I'd rent out my left nut for that.

Last edited:

bufordht

Liked Posts:
Doesn’t surprise me, considering nothing you’ve said has made any sense. Have a good one 👋

Please elaborate, what have I said that doesn't make sense? You're not even trying. Come on man, you're better than this

greg23

Liked Posts:
When you ignore the damage he does on the ground. Too many dummies stuck back in the 90s. Times are changing how the QB position is played.
Clearly you don't realize what qbr means

inchibearfan

Liked Posts:
I have only seen you say this.

I have seen some folks say that they should not replace fields because he is a known quantity with a known floor and the risk of Williams busting is too high. But you refuse to acknowledge this line of thinking.

I really think you're just arguing to argue. I know I am 🤣

I don't have an opinion on who they should draft.
You forgot to mention Fields has pretty close to a known ceiling being his 3rd year in the league.