Chase Daniel and Trey Wingo destroying narratives regarding Justin fields

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Definitely possible, but man, that would take a lot of convincing to your team president who already said he expects championships, plural.

You don’t want to put yourself in a position to have to talk your way into keeping your job at the end of 2024.

If he picks Williams and he doesn’t have a great 2024, Poles could easily write that off as rookie progression, though, and keep his job until it’s clear whether Williams will take the necessary steps or not.
There is actually so much here. Hahaha. I always had the belief that QBs get GMs fired.

And getting this wrong with his guy would be more damming imo than sticking with a guy and just keep saying.... " I didn't pick him but he's getting better". Maybe, I dont know.

In this specific hypothetical, Caleb not being great after two years means we're here on two years time have the exact same conversations. Lol. And I would probably be talkin in that future world that 2 years isn't enough time to determine if Caleb can play or not.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
That’s my point. Most of those guys are middling that went #1 or won the Heisman. Newton’s MVP year was an outlier and flat out choked in the SB. I’m not sold on Williams considering his mental toughness is definitely an issue and his Dad is a massive headache. His own team was celebrating that there were a “team again” when he sat out the bowl game. He refused to speak with reporters after a loss. You think this guy will be able to accept the defeats & criticisms that will most certainly happen in Chicago? Let this mental midget be a problem elsewhere just like 2 other Riley QB’s—Mayfield & Murray.
If you don't want Caleb that's fine but lets not try to pretend like JF is something he isn't (yet).

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
As far college careers go, it's debatable that Fields had the more successful college career. It's entirely possible that Williams is another Matt Leinert, eventhough Leinert had Reggie Bush. And if the Bears don't change a philosophy on offense the new QB that comes in will probably bust. I'm still in the camp of holding onto Fields and build the roster though. I don't think a QB in this draft has the tools to become a via championship QB year in year out
OSU as a program with Fields definitely had more success. That's not debatable. The overall talent gap between the two teams is pretty substantial. Still is to this day. Williams and Matt leinhardt nothing alike as far QB prospects. Williams can certainly fall on his face in the NFL. That much is true.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
If you don't want Caleb that's fine but lets not try to pretend like JF is something he isn't (yet).
100%.

But it could also be my obvious disdain for USC being a ND Homer. If this was 2022 Williams, then yes take him running to the damn podium. Like sign him next week. But 2023 did bring up questions.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
100%.

But it could also be my obvious disdain for USC being a ND Homer. If this was 2022 Williams, then yes take him running to the damn podium. Like sign him next week. But 2023 did bring up questions.
This isn't about CW. IMO this is more about is JF a guy that will win the superbowl. I don't care about Caleb. Is JF good enough to win a superbowl? Right now I'd say no.

Is it really worth it to pass on 1 of the 3 QB prospects with this essentially free pick from the panthers to roll it forward next year with a guy you won't win a superbowl with?

inchibearfan

Liked Posts:
Fields is definitely a superbowl caliber player but he's only worth maybe a 2nd round pick! lmao
That makes no sense whatsoever. Trading Fields would net 2 plus first rounders and several other picks if he was. Fields should net more than the Bears traded for Cutler if so.

jive

Liked Posts:
The interesting thing to me is that even with all of Justin's shortcomings, poor numbers, and inconsistent play, it's still a very split choice between keeping Fields and drafting Williams outside of Bears fandom. Considering Justin's struggles and the historically bad QB play of Chicago, you would think if Williams was indeed a generational QB, that it would be close to unanimous that we should take him. But there's still enough doubts about Williams and knowns about Fields that it's not really a clear choice.

Reactions: Myk

inchibearfan

Liked Posts:
Me personally, I think a 2nd is about the best the Bears would get for Fields.
Which means some fans on this board have a very very warped view of how good Fields is. What did Sam Bradford net?

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
This isn't about CW. IMO this is more about is JF a guy that will win the superbowl. I don't care about Caleb. Is JF good enough to win a superbowl? Right now I'd say no.

Is it really worth it to pass on 1 of the 3 QB prospects with this essentially free pick from the panthers to roll it forward next year with a guy you won't win a superbowl with?
I don’t know. But I do know you can’t win a SB with this roster and the roster still needs much more talent and more than just a QB. If they fire Flus? Yes, move Fields and get a QB. Problem with going with a QB is they likely go thru another Fields situation with a new HC/OC in 2025. They won’t make the playoffs in 2024 with a rookie QB.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Which means some fans on this board have a very very warped view of how good Fields is. What did Sam Bradford net?
Way too damn much lol. I still remember when Mack pretty much ended his career in 2018.

Weebey Brice

Formerly Caleb Williams/Weebay
Liked Posts:

You pretty much answered your own question.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I made it 12 seconds into the video until the hyperactive repetitive yelling got me to stop it. THEN YOU'RE THE JETS, THEN YOU'RE THE JETS. J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS.
People definitely need more weed in their lives.

What if I think it's a lateral move? Then does the known vs the unknown play into it? How about the contract or fewer injuries?
The player you know will always over rule the unknown. It's basic risk vs reward.
You don't get rid of Peyton F Manning in his prime because some other hyped QB comes up in the draft. It's why there are teams that are set at QB and teams that are not.
To unquestionably believe in your evaluation in spite of how many times evaluations are wrong is a delusion of grandeur. That may be the usual coachy person mindset but it's not smart.

If it is a lateral talent move the contract and injuries are something to consider. Fields being less of an unknown also should be considered. And the team being better for Williams at the start of his rookie year than it has been for Fields his whole rookie contract should also be part of the question.
You look at everything and don't get stuck in your evaluation ego.

jive

Liked Posts:
But if you get MHJ in a trade down, you will still net another pick in case he becomes Darrius Heyward Bey

inchibearfan

Liked Posts:
But if you get MHJ in a trade down, you will still net another pick in case he becomes Darrius Heyward Bey
If you take Williams with the first, trade Fields for this years first, next years first plus to Washington or NE for the 2nd or 3rd overall, you can still get MHJ. Those 2 teams both need a QB.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

But it is about CW and those other QBs as well as if you dont believe they are capable of winning a SB then you shouldnt waste the No 1 pick on them.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
But it is about CW and those other QBs as well as if you dont believe they are capable of winning a SB then you shouldnt waste the No 1 pick on them.
He’s making it only about cw it feels but maybe I’m wrong

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:

Get a 2nd or late 1st for Fields pre-draft.