legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Lions will have to eat $30m if they trade Stafford this offseason. $50m if he's cut. Can't blame him for trying to avoid the situation he's in. Lions are so poorly run.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Lions will have to eat $30m if they trade Stafford this offseason. $50m if he's cut. Can't blame him for trying to avoid the situation he's in. Lions are so poorly run.
Why would they trade Stafford? Lions can't win with Matt?

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
From the outside in it sure looks like the Lions are a step closer to imploding than they are a step closer to competing.

Speed

Liked Posts:
In hindsight Caldwell must have been a fucking genius.

CaptnSUG

BANNED
Liked Posts:
Oh no! Patricia is late to the precious media's 15-20 minute bullshit sessions. This is like when Biggs got mad at the Bears for making him drive to Halas Hall. Fucking media, they are such fragile little babies.

Patricia is trying to tear down decades of permissive culture that has poisoned the Lions. That's why you have Dre Bly bitching about practicing in the snow (THE HORROR) or these "grumblings" from players. Notice how Patricia and A'Shawn Robinson were at each other's throats through training camp and the first half of the season but now Robinson is doing what coach says and looks like a bonafide stud? Or how Snacks Harrison, who came from a real organization with some experience at winning (the Giants are dysfunctional in their undying Eli infatuation though), has no complaints?

Given time Patricia will turn that Detroit dumpster fire around but he's going to need to trade Stafford and get rid of guys like Slay and Ansah who reek of the old culture. But the heat is already on though and while I thought this year was really encouraging it's clear that next year is playoffs or Patricia is out. The media has been out to get him from Day One and it's definitely not fair. He needs to embark on a four-year project like the Bears did but he's only getting two and the North next year is going to be a total bloodbath with the Bears, Vikings and Packers all going ALL IN.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Oh no! Patricia is late to the precious media's 15-20 minute bullshit sessions. This is like when Biggs got mad at the Bears for making him drive to Halas Hall. Fucking media, they are such fragile little babies.

Patricia is trying to tear down decades of permissive culture that has poisoned the Lions. That's why you have Dre Bly bitching about practicing in the snow (THE HORROR) or these "grumblings" from players. Notice how Patricia and A'Shawn Robinson were at each other's throats through training camp and the first half of the season but now Robinson is doing what coach says and looks like a bonafide stud? Or how Snacks Harrison, who came from a real organization with some experience at winning (the Giants are dysfunctional in their undying Eli infatuation though), has no complaints?

Given time Patricia will turn that Detroit dumpster fire around but he's going to need to trade Stafford and get rid of guys like Slay and Ansah who reek of the old culture. But the heat is already on though and while I thought this year was really encouraging it's clear that next year is playoffs or Patricia is out. The media has been out to get him from Day One and it's definitely not fair. He needs to embark on a four-year project like the Bears did but he's only getting two and the North next year is going to be a total bloodbath with the Bears, Vikings and Packers all going ALL IN.

Caldwell was probably their most solid coach in ages. Lions fell victim to the yearly Patriots Patricia/McDipshit sweepstakes. The grass ain't always greener on the other side bitches.

I find it so fucking hilarious that Patricia gave media shit for posture of all fucking things and the son of a bitch hasn't even been professional enough to arrive at his press conference on time other than ONCE? What a joke that idiot is. If you're going to be a fucking idiot like that to the media then why the hell would you not expect the most petty of all people in football, aka the media, to be putting his own professionalism under the magnifying glass.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels

Well, when you tell a reporter to sit up in a press conference and deem yourself the authority in the room, you probably should show up on time at least once or twice...

CaptnSUG

BANNED
Liked Posts:
Caldwell was probably their most solid coach in ages. Lions fell victim to the yearly Patriots Patricia/McDipshit sweepstakes. The grass ain't always greener on the other side bitches.

I find it so fucking hilarious that Patricia gave media shit for posture of all fucking things and the son of a bitch hasn't even been professional enough to arrive at his press conference on time other than ONCE? What a joke that idiot is.

The same media that railroaded him with a bogus sexual assault allegation for the 90's? He owes them nothing.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:

What makes you think Stafford isn't the type of guy to follow Patricia to a less permissive future? Stafford doesn't take me as a slacker.

CaptnSUG

BANNED
Liked Posts:
What makes you think Stafford isn't the type of guy to follow Patricia to a less permissive future? Stafford doesn't take me as a slacker.

Stafford is tough as nails but I don't think he's a winner. And for what he is getting paid that winning DNA is a must. I'd trade him in a heartbeat.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The same media that railroaded him with a bogus sexual assault allegation for the 90's? He owes them nothing.

Were you born yesterday? Do you live in a bubble? Are you oblivious to the social climate? Any single high profile job that is being filled, while being under media scrutiny, is subject to this level of investigation. Didn't help either that the Lions claimed to have no idea about it.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Stafford is on the books till 2022, they're not just gonna eat that money. Stafford has always been very beatable, this franchise has the Lion's number. Even when Stafford had Megatron, the old Bears defense tended to keep the lions in check. Now our defense is better than ever and Megatron is gone. Stafford is and has always been very beatable.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Were you born yesterday? Do you live in a bubble? Are you oblivious to the social climate? Any single high profile job that is being filled, while being under media scrutiny, is subject to this level of investigation. Didn't help either that the Lions claimed to have no idea about it.

Haven't seen that closet Lions fan (nc0gneto?) since this Capn started. Alt alert

CaptnSUG

BANNED
Liked Posts:

Fuck the social climate. They are not supposed to run with a bogus story like that. It's the media's job to not report on that garbage but nobody takes them to task over it.

You have to be a totally gullible rube to think for a second the American news media gives even the slightest shit about the truth. But by all means, call Patricia a garbage coach because he has the nerve to make Detroit Lions beat reporters wait an extra twenty minutes.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
I'll take up for Stafford on one thing. Lions have the worst rushing attack in the past decade combined, possibly in the history of any 10 year span for a team and only 1 year with a top 10 defense. The best his run game has been was with Theo Riddick and Reggie Bush. The game has always been on his chubby shoulders.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Stafford is tough as nails but I don't think he's a winner. And for what he is getting paid that winning DNA is a must. I'd trade him in a heartbeat.
He's lost all three playoff games, avg rating 87.8, no bombs by any means, but certainly nothing special either. So can't argue you on that.

But unlike Cutler, I still don't think Stafford would be losing you games if he was on a 'winning team', Stafford can be very efficient and consistent.

Lions are better off riding Stafford's contract, working on some draft QBs, and getting the OL and over-all team ready for -- hopefully a diamond in a post-1st Round QB --- or 1st Round QB in couple-2-tree years.

OR - hey if you can trade Stafford and draft a 1st Rd QB in 2019, by all means. Spark couldn't hurt.

Bort

Liked Posts:

I agree that press conferences don't matter, but it's part of a larger trend. The much more concerning thing for the Lions is all of the reports that Patricia is often late for team meetings. I can't imagine an NFL head coach being consistently late for team meetings and keeping his job.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
I'll take up for Stafford on one thing. Lions have the worst rushing attack in the past decade combined, possibly in the history of any 10 year span for a team and only 1 year with a top 10 defense. The best his run game has been was with Theo Riddick and Reggie Bush. The game has always been on his chubby shoulders.
Ya, Lions had their best chance when they grabbed Reggie Bush at his height. I was worried when I heard they got him. He had a productive year in 2013, but it doesn't look like the team committed to rush/Bush for the long haul.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Fuck the social climate. They are not supposed to run with a bogus story like that. It's the media's job to not report on that garbage but nobody takes them to task over it.

You have to be a totally gullible rube to think for a second the American news media gives even the slightest shit about the truth. But by all means, call Patricia a garbage coach because he has the nerve to make Detroit Lions beat reporters wait an extra twenty minutes.

Your typing. SO angry. LOL