Checking in on Matt Patricia....

Speed

Liked Posts:
Caldwell was probably their most solid coach in ages. Lions fell victim to the yearly Patriots Patricia/McDipshit sweepstakes. The grass ain't always greener on the other side bitches.

I find it so fucking hilarious that Patricia gave media shit for posture of all fucking things and the son of a bitch hasn't even been professional enough to arrive at his press conference on time other than ONCE? What a joke that idiot is. If you're going to be a fucking idiot like that to the media then why the hell would you not expect the most petty of all people in football, aka the media, to be putting his own professionalism under the magnifying glass.

Agreed. I don't think it was a Lovie or McCarthy situation where he had worn out his welcome and the team outgrew him.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Haven't seen that closet Lions fan (nc0gneto?) since this Capn started. Alt alert

He's MIA. Probably still telling himself that Blount is a legit RB and Stafford is elite.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
I agree that press conferences don't matter, but it's part of a larger trend. The much more concerning thing for the Lions is all of the reports that Patricia is often late for team meetings. I can't imagine an NFL head coach being consistently late for team meetings and keeping his job.

He's almost the NFL equivalent of Jim Boylen with this I'm going to show I'm a tough coach garbage (practicing in the snow when his team plays its home games in a dome vs Suicide springs and pushups for basketball players) acting like he's an Infantry NCO or Army Drill Sergeant. Not showing up on time to team meetings makes him the equal of a shitbag leader/NCO who orders his subordinates to show up ten minutes early to PT and First Formation while he or she strolls in just when or right after Formation starts. Matt Patricia is so about who leads by example.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Several of the Belichick group have been brought up to be adversarial to the media......He's been like that from the get go and he can't handle in a non-adversarial way how the media is reacting to the Lions losing.

Being constantly late is some little game he is playing with them. I would imagine probably to show the media who is in charge. It is unprofessional and probably is a reflection of how he handles other things.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
File this under "Life is harder outside of Foxborough."

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I want to feel bad for Patricia but he chose that hellhole. Nothing was appealing about Detriot.

Overpaid average QB? Check
Swiss Cheese OL? Check
No name defense? Check
One good weapon on offense? Check
History of loss and shit ownership? Check
It being in fucking Detroit? Double check

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
I want to feel bad for Patricia but he chose that hellhole. Nothing was appealing about Detriot.

Overpaid average QB? Check
Swiss Cheese OL? Check
No name defense? Check
One good weapon on offense? Check
History of loss and shit ownership? Check
It being in fucking Detroit? Double check

Who they traded in the middle of the season. :nelson:

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Dbl

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Patricia claims to want to toughen up the Lions and change the team culture.

Perhaps doughboy should at least give a halfhearted attempt to set the example...

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I think Matt P will right that ship. look for the Lions, Viking and Bears to compete while the Packers fall into decades of oblivion.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
I think Matt P will right that ship. look for the Lions, Viking and Bears to compete while the Packers fall into decades of oblivion.

They fired Caldwell stating, "9-7 seasons aren't good enough anymore".

What is their record this year? They are in full rebuild mode for the 32nd time in 50+ Years...lol

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
He had a 1 year ban bet with me. He said the Bears would have a worst record than the Lions. You won’t see him for a long time.

I thought he said no one took him up on that

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
Fuck the social climate. They are not supposed to run with a bogus story like that. It's the media's job to not report on that garbage but nobody takes them to task over it.

You have to be a totally gullible rube to think for a second the American news media gives even the slightest shit about the truth. But by all means, call Patricia a garbage coach because he has the nerve to make Detroit Lions beat reporters wait an extra twenty minutes.

It's been the media's job to sell stories for a very very long time now. The only integrity in the media is their own self aggrandized propaganda for whomever they pretend to be loyal to.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Only I was man enough. Had no doubt in my mind Lions were more than ready to take residence in the basement again.

True warrior spirit

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
It's been the media's job to sell stories for a very very long time now. The only integrity in the media is their own self aggrandized propaganda for whomever they pretend to be loyal to.

who were the Patricia haters loyal to? Da Bearzz?

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Oh no! Patricia is late to the precious media's 15-20 minute bullshit sessions. This is like when Biggs got mad at the Bears for making him drive to Halas Hall. Fucking media, they are such fragile little babies.

Patricia is trying to tear down decades of permissive culture that has poisoned the Lions. That's why you have Dre Bly bitching about practicing in the snow (THE HORROR) or these "grumblings" from players. Notice how Patricia and A'Shawn Robinson were at each other's throats through training camp and the first half of the season but now Robinson is doing what coach says and looks like a bonafide stud? Or how Snacks Harrison, who came from a real organization with some experience at winning (the Giants are dysfunctional in their undying Eli infatuation though), has no complaints?

Given time Patricia will turn that Detroit dumpster fire around but he's going to need to trade Stafford and get rid of guys like Slay and Ansah who reek of the old culture. But the heat is already on though and while I thought this year was really encouraging it's clear that next year is playoffs or Patricia is out. The media has been out to get him from Day One and it's definitely not fair. He needs to embark on a four-year project like the Bears did but he's only getting two and the North next year is going to be a total bloodbath with the Bears, Vikings and Packers all going ALL IN.

It's really not that hard you know. Show up on time, give a thoughtful answer every once in a while, don't be an asshole and 90% of the media (or people in general) will treat you well.

But go ahead and whine about how the media isn't treating him fair...

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
5 star warrior spirit, brotha

maybe after congratulating yourself, you can learn the difference between 'who will have the worst season' and 'who will have the worse season'.*

I am expecting a lot of Cousins love out of you the next 2-3 weeks, btw.

He had a 1 year ban bet with me. He said the Bears would have a worst record than the Lions. You won’t see him for a long time.