Chicago Bears Very Interested in Donald

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
3/3: "After the combine we said teams late in the first round would have to start giving the Pittsburgh lineman consideration but recent rumblings have the Chicago Bears very interested in his services with the 14th pick of round one." - Tony Pauline

james sanders

DE/OLB
Liked Posts:
Of course the Bears are interested in Aaron Donald. Why wouldn't they be?

EDUB316

Liked Posts:
0.jpg

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
"rumblings"

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
We should be, and should also be interested in a hand full of others at #14.

sewerbear

Liked Posts:
I believe this is an Emery smoke screen, I think they are going K. Ealy , or trade back and take S. Criton. I feel they think they will resign Melton, Ratcliff, and get rid of Peppers. I also thin they go after the N. Carolina D.E. Martin. I would be happy with Ealy or Donald. I believe the Bears are getting CB and Safety in FA, and stacking the D line in the draft.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
said it before I honestly don't think he will be drafted as high as peeps think he will.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
All this hype..is worrying me. I am setting myself up for disappointment come May if we don't grab him

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
The one thing we know about Emery is that he has his own unique evaluation system... he isn't going to take Mel Kiper's best rated.

I have alot of concern with taking a 6'0 285 defensive tackle. Yes he blew up the combine, but i think a 40 time is overrated for a defensive lineman. A guy with size and speed I like, but with speed only, it is a question mark.

Will Emery go undersized again on the D-line? Questionable.

Although I agree on taking the BPA, we need so much help on defense I don't know if I want a boom/bust type prospect. Some solid production at any D-line position is what I prefer, whether or not he is a combine freak.

Finally, Emery likes flexibility in an early pick. Donald is a gap-shooting DT, and that is it.

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
I believe this is an Emery smoke screen, I think they are going K. Ealy , or trade back and take S. Criton. I feel they think they will resign Melton, Ratcliff, and get rid of Peppers. I also thin they go after the N. Carolina D.E. Martin. I would be happy with Ealy or Donald. I believe the Bears are getting CB and Safety in FA, and stacking the D line in the draft.
:puke: I'm going to be highly pissed if Emery takes Ealy with #14. I'd rather see them develop a kid like Anthony Barr or even Jernigan.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
:puke: I'm going to be highly pissed if Emery takes Ealy with #14. I'd rather see them develop a kid like Anthony Barr or even Jernigan.

I think the Bears would take Jernigan before Donald

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
The rumblings are never wrong!

sam slocum

Liked Posts:
The one thing we know about Emery is that he has his own unique evaluation system... he isn't going to take Mel Kiper's best rated.

I have alot of concern with taking a 6'0 285 defensive tackle. Yes he blew up the combine, but i think a 40 time is overrated for a defensive lineman. A guy with size and speed I like, but with speed only, it is a question mark.

Will Emery go undersized again on the D-line? Questionable.

Although I agree on taking the BPA, we need so much help on defense I don't know if I want a boom/bust type prospect. Some solid production at any D-line position is what I prefer, whether or not he is a combine freak.

Finally, Emery likes flexibility in an early pick. Donald is a gap-shooting DT, and that is it.

Speed Only? Seems like only one other D-lineman benched more. Not saying the benchpress is the be all end all, but he plays pretty strong in what I've seen.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
I also think its a smoke screen, there has been a lot of rumors with us and Donald. No one even heard a single thing about Emery Taking long or Shea in the first.

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
I think the Bears would take Jernigan before Donald
That's very possible but you never know, Jernigans arms are shorter than Donald's. :p

geneatals

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
cowgirls want him right...is it worth a trade back to acquire more pics?