Chicago Bears Very Interested in Donald

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
That's very possible but you never know, Jernigans arms are shorter than Donald's. :p

I am starting a fund to cure T-Rex disease......I am going to get some players for PSA's.....Maybe some Olinemen you overcame the disease.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
lol at these scouting descriptions....

Analysis

Strengths
Strong for his size and clogs the middle. Has disruptive ability. Bends his knees and plays with leverage. Able to stack, locate and shed. Wraps and rips down ball carriers. Coordinated hands and feet. Is difficult to engage -- has quick, active paws. Can slap, rip and swim to beat blockers and turns up the heat on passing downs. Good foot athlete for his size -- changes direction well, gives effort in pursuit and ranges outside the box. Will be a 21-year-old rookie.

Weaknesses
Has a fleshy midsection. Lacks ideal height and overall body length. Average get-off. Can be overpowered at the point or neutralized when bigger, longer blockers get into his frame. Limited two-gap ability. Average playing range. Stiff-legged and does not change direction easily. Could stand to improve his stamina. Was a rotational player prior to junior season and would tire and take himself out in critical situations.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
it is amazing how 1 inch makes so much difference to some people. If Donald was 1 inch taller and 6' 1 and 3/4" he would be a no doubt top 5 pick, But a 6' 3/4" Donald is a questionable pick at 14, to some people? He has already proved that he is the most disruptive DT in the draft at his current height and weight. He was not just beating guys with his moves and quickness, he was also overpowering them. He is a solid player, awsome passs rusher and good run defender. He is a steal at 14!

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Anyone mentioned connected to the Bears will not be the pick.

Emery loves smokescreens.

We never pick anyone in the 1st that we are rumoured too.

EDUB316

Liked Posts:
lol at these scouting descriptions....

Analysis

Strengths
Strong for his size and clogs the middle. Has disruptive ability. Bends his knees and plays with leverage. Able to stack, locate and shed. Wraps and rips down ball carriers. Coordinated hands and feet. Is difficult to engage -- has quick, active paws. Can slap, rip and swim to beat blockers and turns up the heat on passing downs. Good foot athlete for his size -- changes direction well, gives effort in pursuit and ranges outside the box. Will be a 21-year-old rookie.

Weaknesses
Has a fleshy midsection. Lacks ideal height and overall body length. Average get-off. Can be overpowered at the point or neutralized when bigger, longer blockers get into his frame. Limited two-gap ability. Average playing range. Stiff-legged and does not change direction easily. Could stand to improve his stamina. Was a rotational player prior to junior season and would tire and take himself out in critical situations.

lol holy contradictions batman

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Get the Dallas etc pick, the guy you really want a a little more. :)

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
it is amazing how 1 inch makes so much difference to some people. If Donald was 1 inch taller and 6' 1 and 3/4" he would be a no doubt top 5 pick, But a 6' 3/4" Donald is a questionable pick at 14, to some people? He has already proved that he is the most disruptive DT in the draft at his current height and weight. He was not just beating guys with his moves and quickness, he was also overpowering them. He is a solid player, awsome passs rusher and good run defender. He is a steal at 14!

It only matters to the GM.....I just believe with the combine overhype he won't go as high as people expect. I believe he will certainly be a round 1 though....

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
Strengths

Weaknesses
:turrible:

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
Anyone mentioned connected to the Bears will not be the pick.

Emery loves smokescreens.

We never pick anyone in the 1st that we are rumoured too.
Emery is very stealthy. I expect the Bears to move out of #14 pick unless they really fall in love with a player. Especially if they resign Henry Melton.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
Emery is very stealthy. I expect the Bears to move out of #14 pick unless they really fall in love with a player. Especially if they resign Henry Melton.

I think the same will happen. Under JA he never wanted to invest a high pick on a safety but we just don't know with Emery. I could see a trade down for sure though. In another 2 weeks or so we will have a much clearer view of what will happen.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The one thing we know about Emery is that he has his own unique evaluation system... he isn't going to take Mel Kiper's best rated.

I have alot of concern with taking a 6'0 285 defensive tackle. Yes he blew up the combine, but i think a 40 time is overrated for a defensive lineman. A guy with size and speed I like, but with speed only, it is a question mark.

Will Emery go undersized again on the D-line? Questionable.

Although I agree on taking the BPA, we need so much help on defense I don't know if I want a boom/bust type prospect. Some solid production at any D-line position is what I prefer, whether or not he is a combine freak.

Finally, Emery likes flexibility in an early pick. Donald is a gap-shooting DT, and that is it.

Good call. I'm very sure Emery is unique to GM's in the NFL in this aspect.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
Also though keep in mind even if we resign Melton and Ratliff, dont count out a DT in the first, when WR was a need he got Marshall and Jeffery in the same off season.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Also though keep in mind even if we resign Melton and Ratliff, dont count out a DT in the first, when WR was a need he got Marshall and Jeffery in the same off season.

It would be hard to see a DT taken in the first if we re-sign two of them....I expect a S, CB or DE would be taken at that point.

Josh2J

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I agree... all the rumors linked to to Bears or Bears interested in dont usually pan out. I expect yet another curveball by Uncle Phil.

I think Ealy, Donald, Jernigan, Nix III, Barr, Mosley, Clinton-Dix, and if they dont resign Tillman Gilbert, and Dennard are all going to be thoroughly investigated by the Bears.

geneatals

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
true, but AJ was a second round pick...we all know who the first round pick is/was............

geneatals

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm taking a shot in the dark and I say Emery goes secondary in the first round..sures up the d line through free agency and late round picks....again..just my thinkning...

perhaps I'm just setting myself to not be surprised to whatever Phil decides to do at the draft..

one thing is for sure...free agency is about to open up...so once we see who lands where in free agency I think we'll have a slghty better idea of what enery is going to do in the early rounds...(slightly better being heavily emphazised...)